• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Ok but real talk?

The Mario Movie is for kids. Kids love effortless funny stuff. We will see some juvinile humor because kids love that. When you realize that, you'll enjoy a lot more things
Not to mention, Illumination has been working with Miyamoto, Mario's creator. That does not mean the movie will be good, but Knowing Miyamoto, I can't imagine him allowing more than a little dabbing and twerking, if he allows them at all. Just wanted to point that out. Not sure if it helps though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm just gonna be blunt and say it but honestly modern Marvel (And Disney for that matter) had really ruined cinema given most movies has this desire and need to copy it especially with this need to pander us with their politics and woke agendas something Marvel has been notable for now when we go to movies to watch for entertainment

Over 90% of movies nowadays just overall suck.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
One time I was heading home from the grocery store and there was a kid on like. An electronic tricycle. I tried to go past him but then he got a burst of speed and quickly dabbed on me.

Instead let's all be original and go WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ or post CINEMASINS ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ or say how Illumination will make every Mario character a dabbing twerking Minion ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Hey Gwen did you know that the MCU has too many jokes ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ and that DC is on a ROLE with Shazam, Joker, Suicide Squad, Batman ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ It's King Shark baby ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I'm just gonna be blunt and say it but honestly modern Marvel (And Disney for that matter) had really ruined cinema given most movies has this desire and need to copy it especially with this need to pander us with their politics and woke agendas something Marvel has been notable for now when we go to movies to watch for entertainment

Not the Godzilla fan complaining about political films lmao

Jondolio

Smash Hero

If you think everyone is copying Marvel then wait until you find out about 80s-90s action movies

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

"Pander with politics and woke agendas"

You are never beating the allegations

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not the Godzilla fan complaining about political films lmao
What are you talking about? Portraying nukes as dangerous horrors that should not exist, criticizing imperialism while reminding us of the horrors commited in WWII and absolutely ****ting on the Japanese government isn't political, politics is when women and minorities exist

Aligo

Smash Ace
If you think about it the MCU is just James Cameron Avatar but a bunch of things instead of just one. Hugely successful, but highly forgettable.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
If you think everyone is copying Marvel then wait until you find out about 80s-90s action movies
Or westerns.
Or all the Jaws rip-offs.
Or all the spy flicks.
Or all the monster movies.

What are you talking about? Portraying nukes as dangerous horrors that should not exist, criticizing imperialism while reminding us of the horrors commited in WWII and absolutely ****ting on the Japanese government isn't political, politics is when women and minorities exist
wow cool monster

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
If you think about it the MCU is just James Cameron Avatar but a bunch of things instead of just one. Hugely successful, but highly forgettable.
Not all of the movies are on equal footing but I really wouldn't call the MCU "forgettable". Nowadays it is but I remember when Thanos memes were all over the internet and that alone is more cultural impact than all of James Cameron's Avatar

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
But I am legit curious what ****ing woke agenda is the MCU even pushing? Was is Meg in She-Hulk? I bey it was Meg in She-Hulk.
The thing is I genuinely used to believe he was just parroting people from all over the internet but at this point I genuinely can't be sure
The Youtubers he links here are all obnoxious RW filmbros. Now idk if he's hella misinformed for genuinelly believes that but it's getting annoying

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The Youtubers he links here are all obnoxious RW filmbros. Now idk if he's hella misinformed for genuinelly believes that but it's getting annoying
Yeah, I know. He does share some disorders I have. Not to say I am better than him, for I am not, but more times than naught; I have not acted the way he does, despite sharing the same disorders. I am not as misinformed or gullible in information. Doesn't make me better than him, but still, it is possible to act well despite having such disorders.

But yeah, it has been getting annoying. He should fact check at least before posting about those Youtubers he links.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, I know. He does share some disorders I have. Not to say I am better than him, for I am not, but more times than naught; I have not acted the way he does, despite sharing the same disorders. I am not as misinformed or gullible in information. Doesn't make me better than him, but still, it is possible to act well despite having such disorders.

But yeah, it has been getting annoying. He should fact check at least before posting about those Youtubers he links.
Hey dude maybe you should consider not implying bad behaivour is because of someone's handicap, it's a bad look on who you're talking about, yourself and everyone else who isn't neurotypical and ****

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey dude maybe you should consider not implying bad behaivour is because of someone's handicap, it's a bad look on who you're talking about, yourself and everyone else who isn't neurotypical and ****
Sorry, thanks for the tip. I wasn't trying to be mean. Though I was also talking about myself, and was saying I was not superior, I was not trying to offend anyone like him. I probably should have known better.

Anyway, thanks for the tip.

---

ๅคง็ฉบใฎใถใฃใจใณ
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Probably best to drop whatever movie conversation was going on there. If you're looking to argue about politics, "wokeness," or the impact of the MCU on modern film, that seems more in line with the Debate Hall.

opens a comically long scroll and is immediately banished into ban dimension by the mods
The prophecy has been fulfilled! Osby must be the chosen one!

Top Bottom