• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
In Israel, the week starts on Sunday, or "Yom Rishon" as it's called in Hebrew, and it's also the day you get your ass back to work

The concept Mondays most people around the world are familiar with is on Sunday for us

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Anyway, today is September 11, as sad as it may be for Americans. It was such a terrible day, what happened to all those people and all. Shame that it ended up happening when it should not have.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Happy Birthday and Anniversary
a one off oc 30 years ago…and 30 years later became one of DC’s biggest stars.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Playing Nintendo Switch Sports with family rn.

It's fun, but the other games were much more charming IMO.
That's how I feel about a lot of Nintendo games since the 3DS era TBH.

Like, Nintendo still makes incredible stuff, and call me nostalgia blind, but...IDK, there's a certain charm some of these games have lost. The Mario Sports games are excellent examples: Mechanically and as games themselves, they're fine, and pretty fun. However, they just feel...Lifeless? These characters aren't acting like themselves anymore, they feel like skins on top of generic player models. I think part of why I'm so lenient with Strikers compared to other folks was at least they tried to inject some life back into it and did so wonderfully.

Granted, a lot of Nintendo franchises have kept that old Wii era and GCN era charm: Mainline 3D Mario, Zelda, Splatoon, Kirby, and Metroid have all been killing it and have not disappointed in that regard at all. Heck, even Paper Mario: The Origami King was a halfway back to form.

I feel like I'm rambling now and I don't wanna make too giant a wall of text, but this is actually something that's been bugging me about Switch era Nintendo for a while now.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I love K. Rool but Blackbeard has this one in the bag
Oh no doubt regardless I feel Blackbeard would be King K. Rool's most fitting opponent.

Even scaling King K. Rool to Donkey Kong's moon punching feat (Putting him at Country level), Blackbeard would still win. Some advantages the former would is his trickery (During the fake kredits where he played dead in the first game and intangibly seen in Donkey Kong Country 2) and strategy (He's surprisingly very cunning and crafty in spite of how mentally unstable he is) might prolong the fight but its only a matter of time until that fades out and Blackbeard delivers the finishing blow.

If they were to do this fight. Before Blackbeard would win. I'd want them to have a part in the fight where King K. Rool fakes defeat catching Blackbeard off guard just like the fake kredits in the first Donkey Kong Country.
Which Blackbeard?
From One Piece.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Despite Gennedy's saying season 2 is the end of Spear's and Fang's story. I hope he changed his mind because the duo deserves at least one more season.

I'm hoping.

The end will be cliffhanger where the Fire Chief drags both Spear and Fang into hell while leaving Mira and the hatchlings back on the surface and so season 3 will be them trying to fight their way out while facing demons and all sorts of other demonic atrocities.

Season 1: Prehistory
Season 2: Ancient Civilizations
Season 3: Hell

Especially having Spear and Fang fighting the horned demon god that chief was empowered by.

Come on Gennedy's the potential is really there! One more season with Spear and Fang is all we ask for then you can do that anthology as you planned.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Now that is what I call, the "Multiverse of Madness."
not even Wanda is willing to **** around with such an army…but most importantly

FRESHMAN YEAR SPIDER-MAN, DAREDEVIL, MAN-THING, WEREWOLF, AND MOON KNIGHT

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I started the splatoon story and cleared through the prologue area and the first zone.

The level design is so damn good. They propose a fair thought invoking challenge with really great design choices for the background of each level.

The story is also looking pretty interesting so far. This reminds me of Octo Expansion and that’s a good thing.

If they may story is this fun and involved, then that paid DLC is going to be crazy, and I’m really excited now.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I've been having my luck with Salmon run. Most waves are complete, but I have yet to beat a king salmonid with a crew.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. Pitch. Kirby Action RPG with the battle system of FF7R (maybe a bit more simplified because Kirby). Party members are Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Bandana Dee. Kirby still has copy abilities but they work like Milky Way Wishes and the game also has the Star Allies system of combining abilities where Kirby works with his partners to pull off special moves.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
OK. Pitch. Kirby Action RPG with the battle system of FF7R (maybe a bit more simplified because Kirby). Party members are Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Bandana Dee. Kirby still has copy abilities but they work like Milky Way Wishes and the game also has the Star Allies system of combining abilities where Kirby works with his partners to pull off special moves.
I like it. Didn't like how Milky Way Wishes did copy abilities before as a kid, but I grew to like it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I like it. Didn't like how Milky Way Wishes did copy abilities before as a kid, but I grew to like it.
I have like a whole list of IPs I think would really work with that FF7R battle system. Kirby is just one of them. But i'm glad you like the idea!

So far the others on it are Mario RPG, Pokemon, Dragon Quest, Maybe Zelda, Steven Universe (tell a story about the gems during the war), and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Please gaming industry, CLONE THIS GAME STYLE!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You know, there might have been some leaks that accurately predicted a Nintendo Direct before, but have they been 100% right in terms of everything about any Nintendo Direct? I am asking because...

I think not!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No, I saw it. It's cool we're getting a DLC expansion themed all around the limbless guy. Just kind of wish it was the whole game and we didn't have to deal with white french minion fursonas, you know?
If it’s like the Dk expansion, it should be pretty sizable. They also apparently have like double the budget and resources for this sequel, so it may be even longer and better then the dk one.
Nintendo Direct never

go play video games
Nintendo says “Touch Grass”

Top Bottom