• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I can't help but compare this team to The Suicide Squad's lineup.

That team had Bloodsport, Peacemaker, Rick Flag, Ratcatcher, King Shark, Polka Dot Man, and Harley. A diverse group that's a mix of fan favorites and obscure characters, all with their own unique abilities. The closest thing to overlap is Bloodsport, Peacemaker, and Rick since they all use firearms but they all use it in different ways and very stand out from each other.

Meanwhile, this team has 3 Captain Americas, Black Widow 2.0, Someone Whose Entire Shtick is Copying Other People's Powers, and Ghost. This team isn't just full of overlap, it repeats stuff already done by other teams and is mostly just full of white people who use different forms of hand to hand combat and only one nonwhite person (coming from a white person myself)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I think they were also gonna have Red Hulk too but the actor for Ross died so they shelved that.

The multiple Cap stuff works from the continued angle of a bunch of people and countries wanting to have their own Super Soldiers they can control but it's still boring from a team diversity stand point.

I mean I agree he died, but like every mcu video or discussion on the movie will go, bring him back again. So marvel could just say screw it.

True about Namor, but by that logic, even though I believe Deadpool has been sort of them previously, Deadpool should also canonically be to string for that time given his ability to not die. I guess they could bring back the collars from the second film but then he would have no powers and be kinda pointless.

Songbird absolutely should have been introduced here. I don’t see why they wouldn’t want at least one new character here.
Nah Deadpool's still able to get tossed about by street level heroes and recoil from gunshots and the like, he isn't casually wrestling with The Thing or shrugging off bullets like Namor does. Plus they can play into him being an unreliable wild card

Maybe she hasn't been cast yet because the film is meant to introduce new characters but I'd at least say she's coming if that's the case.

Reactions: Z25

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Man I uh. Don't know how to feel about a Jewish actor portraying a character called The Leader in a movie that shares the name of an antisemitic conspiracy theory
I didn't know there was an antisemitic conspiracy theory by that name. Either way they also have a Jewish actress in a heroic role so I doubt this was intentional

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
kinda nice how Thunderbolts has been aiming to use more heroes in the team over the years…like the current one
76CE95D1-138B-44C5-9592-681CB682A4E7.jpeg
First they brought the Tim Roth's Abomination back, it is great to see Tim Blake Nelson finally making a long awaited return where he finally becomes the Leader.

Man, its also great to see Ghost make a comeback since her last appearance on Ant-Man & the Wasp, but other than that great to see Florence Pugh's Yelena Belova being the leader of the Thunderbolts. Still hope to see her character further interact with Kate Bishop in the future.
I wonder how Leader and Ghost will be implemented for their returns. Mostly wanting to know how he got out of the raft after all these years.
I think the only actual super soldier on that team is Bucky. Red Guardian and US Agent are just Cap wannabes by design.

Still, disappointing.
a full super soldier, mostly a super soldier, Russian Cap, a mentally and physically ****ed up Taskmaster who better get redemption from Black Widow, a woman who got cured of quantum pain, a regular Black Widow who forgave bow man, and a Valentina Allegra Fontaine
Who says there isn’t an end tease fir him in she hulk?
true, but so far it feels like the final post credit will end up being used to segway into Echo, assuming Daredevil is also in that project
Nah Killmonger explicitly died and Namor's generally on much stronger teams like some X-Men iterations or being forced into Dr Strange's defenders.
They should introduce Songbird and bring in Deadpool
Deadpool should focus on recreating the X-Force instead

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Btw everyone popping off at Rayman getting teased for Sparks of Hope is gonna feel real stupid
A

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm done ranting about the Thunderbolts, I said everything I had to say on the subject

Anyway I'm actually somewhat interested in Captain America 4, it's gonna have an Israeli superheroine and The Leader

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
kinda nice how Thunderbolts has been aiming to use more heroes in the team over the years…like the current one
View attachment 360610
I wonder how Leader and Ghost will be implemented for their returns. Mostly wanting to know how he got out of the raft after all these years.

a full super soldier, mostly a super soldier, Russian Cap, a mentally and physically ****ed up Taskmaster who better get redemption from Black Widow, a woman who got cured of quantum pain, a regular Black Widow who forgave bow man, and a Valentina Allegra Fontaine

true, but so far it feels like the final post credit will end up being used to segway into Echo, assuming Daredevil is also in that project

Deadpool should focus on recreating the X-Force instead
I don't think it leads to echo, but instead it will probably set up Skar and world war hulk at the very least. Unless that’s in an actual episode and not post credit.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Holy crap! Disney's upcoming film Wish is gonna be the first 2-D animated film since The Princess and the Frog!

This actually can't be happening. Holy ****! Traditional 2-D animated films could be coming back to films like them, DreamWorks and such!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't think it leads to echo, but instead it will probably set up Skar and world war hulk at the very least. Unless that’s in an actual episode and not post credit.
perhaps it can do both if they have a mid and post credit scene, cause having some sort of detail on what Hulk is doing would be nice (unless everything happens offscreen)

Reactions: Z25

Noipoi

Howdy!
Holy crap! Disney's upcoming film Wish is gonna be the first 2-D animated film since The Princess and the Frog!

This actually can't be happening. Holy ****! Traditional 2-D animated films could be coming back to films like them, DreamWorks and such!
The concept is cool.

It’s the origins of the wishing star that shows up in pretty much every Disney movie.

Does this mean the worlds are connected 🤔

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
best thing Disney revealed

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Disney feeding the black community

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I decided to start getting back into Death Battle especially knowing at the end of the day it isn't really an end-to-it-all debate and thus shouldn't take too seriously.

That said this is currently one of my most wanted matches.

King K. Rool (Donkey Kong) vs. Blackbeard (One Piece)

Battle of the overweight but very strong pirate leaders.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Some of my most wanted Death Battles I want to see.

Atrocitus vs. Asura (More likely they'll probably bring Broly back to fight him)
King Ghidorah vs. Ridley
King K. Rool vs. Blackbeard

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Thinking about it, if Marvel wanted to make a suicide squad team, they should go all out.

Put him on the thunderbolts:
1662867715563.jpeg

Every team needs an animal member and this would be great. Have everyone question and how and why the hell a monkey is here, and then for Bucky this is just a normal Tuesday.

Top Bottom