• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

• Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Other (Partner Showcase)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 19 52.8%

• Total voters

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I got invited to the Deadlock (Valve's new hero shooter) beta and I really like some of these designs

Not as generic or legally distinct as Dota

Grey Talon and Abrams are probably my favorite

but I really like Seven, Infernus and Wraith too

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Z-Axises are fine. I just want a guided/linear experience.

The only time I’ve hated a game specifically for being in 3D was with Kirby and the Forgotten Land. But that’s only because Kirby copy abilities have a lot of utility in 2D just based on holding the stick in different ways that they either didn’t or couldn’t translate properly into 3D without using more than one button. Leaving the copy abilities way more limited than usual.

Shroob

Sup?
I got an idea.

A Smashboards based team shooter. We got

• The Socialite
  • The Discusser (Soldier Clone, except they're even more racist)
  • The Speculator (annoy enemies to death)
  • The Lurker (Spy Clone)
  • The Spambot (Sombra, but instead of hacking they just crash the game)
  • The Rythmic Ramen (they're a Saxton Hale Clone. Too OP)
  • The Legally Distinct Geno
  • The Hiester (OC based of the hit comic The Hiest by Gabe "Noipoi" Smashboards)
  • The Banned (it's best to turn off their voicelines)
And me as the Administrator.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Z-Axises are fine. I just want a guided/linear experience.

The only time I’ve hated a game specifically for being in 3D was with Kirby and the Forgotten Land. But that’s only because Kirby copy abilities have a lot of utility in 2D just based on holding the stick in different ways that they either didn’t or couldn’t translate properly into 3D without using more than one button. Leaving the copy abilities way more limited than usual.
Forgotten Land is some of the most fun I’ve ever had with a game…ever.

Sorry but I’m gonna have to stick you in the un-based corner.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Forgotten Land is some of the most fun I’ve ever had with a game…ever.

Sorry but I’m gonna have to stick you in the un-based corner.
Don't get me wrong, the game is fun. I played it all the way through and it's definitely good. I just miss how much stuff you could do with the abilities in the 2D games. Also I think Mouthfull Mode is kind of dumb.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Don't get me wrong, the game is fun. I played it all the way through and it's definitely good. I just miss how much stuff you could do with the abilities in the 2D games.
It was Kirby’s first 3D game period, they had to figure out how to make copy abilities work in the first place. They’ll probably have more utility next game.
Also I think Mouthfull Mode is kind of dumb.
The climax of the game is Kirby swallowing a truck and slamming a god-like alien into the next dimension.

Opinion overruled.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I drew Gohan again, mostly just swapping the Gi and background colors/lineart to match the Turtle School Gi. The original version used the updated Superhero Gi. I've been happy with more of my Dragon Ball art lately. Still got a ways to go, but I'm getting there. While I do prefer Gohan having his own gi from Early Buu Saga, I like his updated fit in DBS Superhero.

I also finally remembered to beat NineTails in Mega Man X, Command Mission. 7 and 8 Tails weren't that bad. But Nine-Tails took like 5 or 6 tries. It's mostly getting the chance to set up Ultimate Armor MMX and Absolute Zero. Though really Axl, Cinnamon and Marino also have their roles in the fight too for backing up the main two hunters.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Don't get me wrong, the game is fun. I played it all the way through and it's definitely good. I just miss how much stuff you could do with the abilities in the 2D games. Also I think Mouthfull Mode is kind of dumb.
That's a mostly legit criticism. I think the best way to do that would be to implement things like button combos or a 2nd action button like DMC's style button. Fire should have the Dive Bomb and Fire Pillar/Shield thing in the next one if they can figure out the inputs for it. Obviously the Regular Fire and Dash Attacks are there, but that's Easy to pull off. Maybe pressing Down and Jump can do the dive bomb. Either that, or just get a few NEW moves to work within the context of a 3D version of which ever move. Or pressing attack while blocking to get a new move too.

Still it was their first shot at such a Kirby game, so I think it isn't the end of the world, but I get what you mean.
Day 44: Clawitzer

They basically just took a shrimp, stapled it to a gaster blaster and called it a day.
Clawitzer does kind of clear Octillery. Real Water Stage Maverick vibes.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Love how my opinions on Kirby and Metroid have gotten more reactions than the possibility I might have cancer. Smashboards gotta Smashboards.
To be fair, some people may not be awake yet or busy and a lot of people feel awkward at handling mortality on funny internet forum. That being said I hope that it's nothing bad and that it solves itself soon, good luck Snake

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Going to the doctors tomorrow to see if the unexpected lump I found on my body is cancer or not. Really ****ing scared right now. Don’t know if I’m gonna be able to sleep tonight.
I'm praying that it's nothing serious and that whatever it is, it can be treated and dealt with ASAP and that you can fully recover from it.

I hope you're alright, Snake...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Love how my opinions on Kirby and Metroid have gotten more reactions than the possibility I might have cancer. Smashboards gotta Smashboards.
Most people are gonna hope for the best of course. But its not exactly always easy talking about heavy topics on here, or social media in general. It's why I also don't share much of my own personal info going on in life either. It can be a lot for (relative) strangers to deal with.

Hopefully, it'll be nothing serious though.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Going to the doctors tomorrow to see if the unexpected lump I found on my body is cancer or not. Really ****ing scared right now. Don’t know if I’m gonna be able to sleep tonight.
Let us hope the lump on your body is not cancer.

No one should ever have to experience cancer.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Most people are gonna hope for the best of course. But its not exactly always easy talking about heavy topics on here, or social media in general. It's why I also don't share much of my own personal info going on in life either. It can be a lot for (relative) strangers to deal with.

Hopefully, it'll be nothing serious though.
Yeah. Sorry I was so snippy about it. I was just really anxious and having trouble sleeping because of it so I was kind of fishing for words of comfort to ease my anxiety and let me sleep. Maybe not the best place to do that 😅

KillerCage

Smash Master
Hopefully that won't be the case.
We lost too many people to cancer already.

welp…there it is…
Aside from that joke at the end of the teaser...

Last edited:
Top Bottom