• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

• Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Other (Partner Showcase)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 19 52.8%

• Total voters

osby

Smash Obsessed
depressing
I know the Answer's story was pretty polarizing but I'm one of those people who loved it.

Fans' opinions on Yukari got a lot more positive since FES first came out so I'm hoping she'll be more appreciated this time because she was one of the highlights of the epilogue for me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know the Answer's story was pretty polarizing but I'm one of those people who loved it.

Fans' opinions on Yukari got a lot more positive since FES first came out so I'm hoping she'll be more appreciated this time because she was one of the highlights of the epilogue for me.
I absolutely adore Yukari cause holy **** I have most of the same issues as she does, I don't know **** about The Answer but I will defend her with my life

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I prepared this post to post in the morning. Hopefully discussions it generates will keep me calm while I wait for the doctor.

Made a roster for a Capcom version of KoF called World Warriors. (Note: Just like how KoF is named after the tournament from Fatal Fury, this game is named after the tournament from Street Fighter). Like KoF, it's an alternate continuity where all or most of these franchises are happening concurrently with a few exceptions. For example, one of the teams (Team Future) is specifically from the future coming back to the past to stop an apocalypse from happening. I haven't quite figured out how to massage the new continuity for all the games yet... but I'm sure a solution exists without just making it more time travel. Maybe you could float the timeline for a few? IDK. Thank CapGod Darkstalkers is set in the current day.

Oh yeah. Like KoF it's a 3v3 fighter with predetermined teams for the arcade mode endings.
Teams
What do you think of this lineup?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I prepared this post to post in the morning. Hopefully discussions it generates will keep me calm while I wait for the doctor.

Made a roster for a Capcom version of KoF called World Warriors. (Note: Just like how KoF is named after the tournament from Fatal Fury, this game is named after the tournament from Street Fighter). Like KoF, it's an alternate continuity where all or most of these franchises are happening concurrently with a few exceptions. For example, one of the teams (Team Future) is specifically from the future coming back to the past to stop an apocalypse from happening. I haven't quite figured out how to massage the new continuity for all the games yet... but I'm sure a solution exists without just making it more time travel. Maybe you could float the timeline for a few? IDK. Thank CapGod Darkstalkers is set in the current day.

Oh yeah. Like KoF it's a 3v3 fighter with predetermined teams for the arcade mode endings.
Teams
I liked how you included Julia from Power Stone, she's cool.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Concord should be a cautionary tale for every game studio out there, this would be hilarious if it wasn't for the fact that 8 years of hard work is going straight down the toilet

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
welp…there it is…
Video game adaptations like Detective Pikachu, the Sonic movies, The Last of Us, the Mario Movie, even Angry Birds 2 and the Five Night's at Freddy's movie to an extent, marked a major shift in improvement for video game to movie/TV show adaptations as well as their reputation due to most of them being well received by at least audiences if not critics as well.

I'm worried this movie and the Borderlands film are going to set the reputation of video game adaptations right back to being poor again.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So the Minecraft Movie... they could've at least gave them a rectangular suit.

Also it looks pretty bad.

Also also why are the Piglins out of the Nether already negative points for game accuracy.
Clearly they're trying to capitalize on the "Dragonhearted" music video, which featured Pigmen from the Nether invading the Overworld before Mojang ever added Piglins. :4pacman:

I haven't played Minecraft Legends but I think it has a similar story of Piglins somehow invading the Overworld without turning into zombies, so maybe they're basing it off of that? That's my best guess.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Video game adaptations like Detective Pikachu, the Sonic movies, The Last of Us, the Mario Movie, even Angry Birds 2 and the Five Night's at Freddy's movie to an extent, marked a major shift in improvement for video game to movie/TV show adaptations as well as their reputation due to most of them being well received by at least audiences if not critics as well.

I'm worried this movie and the Borderlands film are going to set the reputation of video game adaptations right back to being poor again.
Will say that the Sonic movies, Last of Us and the Super Mario Movie were decent video game based films or tv shows.

I recently watched Borderlands and safe to say Madame Web has got a rival for the worst film of the year.

There are future video game based films which I eagerly anticipate and yet cautious with their direction which include the Street Fighter film and the Eternal Champions film as well as the Legend of Zelda film.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I thought the Minecraft movie looked fun. They’re doing exactly what I would do with a Minecraft movie. Make it a ****post.
I feel like there was a better way to make it a ****post though.

Make it completely animated, get the guys who made Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs/The LEGO Movie/Spiderverse, and have them write a goofy script that doesn't take itself too seriously but also gets weirdly existential.

Make it an isekai. Steve was a normal human who gets dropped into this block world, he has no idea what's going on, he's looking for a way out. There can be a funny side plot of a Creeper following him around, and the Villagers are played by comedians to appease the studio. Shenanigans ensue from there.

Also have the CGI look like not ass.

There was a better way :217:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

all I know about The Answer is that Yukari is gonna be ****ing suffering…well…that and I can actually play it now
Doorkoto…Pickle Rick wishes he could be that cool
I absolutely adore Yukari cause holy ** I have most of the same issues as she does, I don't know ** about The Answer but I will defend her with my life
Yukari must always be protected

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Minecraft movie just looks like the directors asked themselves"what if we took the most identifable things from minecraft and modernized it!" without understanding why those things are identifiable in the first place

the voxel esche and slightly realistic artstyle plastered on top of trying to keep the scenery and characters blocky to match minecraft just looks... bad. Even moreso when directly contrasted with the live action actors.

Theres an unofficial book series about minecraft which does the isekai into minecraft idea a LOT better, by having it be "oh this kid is literally in the world he made and was just griefing a bit ago because of science macguffin powers" imo
18281341.jpg

trust me this series is peak

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It’s clear that the little kid with the magic cube is the reason behind the isekai, and probably also played hundreds of hours of minecraft prior to this. I also infer the girl is his sister or something.

The **** is Jason Momoa and Danielle Brooks doing tho? Dressed like they just got out of a damn circus?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It’s clear that the little kid with the magic cube is the reason behind the isekai, and probably also played hundreds of hours of minecraft prior to this. I also infer the girl is his sister or something.

The **** is Jason Momoa and Danielle Brooks doing tho? Dressed like they just got out of a damn circus?
not the weirdest thing he’s worn so far, so Jason Momoa continues to expand his clothing horizon

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I mostly like the Minecraft movie trailer tbh, but I still really wish it was animated and Steve looked more like Steve and Jack Black was just voicing him. I also wish Steve was the main character, but at least he seems to have a major role.

I hope the creeper looks good; it already looks cute from what we’ve seen, but I’m worried its fuzziness is due to hair or fur rather than grass or moss xD The rest of the CGI is kinda cute and cool imo, with maybe the Piglins looking the best, but it could look much better, especially next to the real humans :/

I assume the Piglins are in the overworld due to whatever it was they used in Legends to keep themselves from zombifying (I haven’t played it, but I recall reading there was a reason they didn’t zombify, like they used netherwart or some other thing that prevented the zombification).

I think Noipoi’s idea for a story would be an excellent basis, I also love the idea of a creeper following Steve around for the entire film.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It’s been confirmed that the movie Creeper is made of moss and leaves, my favorite mob has been done justice:

Though, based on the leaked render, its feet could probably be better. Maybe give it black toes like it has ingame instead of pale-colored ones.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Teams
Want this to get more attention than it did.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This is one of the wildest Disney related headlines I’ve seen:

Man said “to me, my X-Men”
What if instead of X-Men, they were called X-Freaks. And instead of mutants, they were just freaky.

Top Bottom