• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

• Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Other (Partner Showcase)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 19 52.8%

• Total voters

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Having not really watched much of the anime since I was a kid, I've suddenly gotten the urge to do a watch of the entire Pokemon series.

...Unfortunately this is how I found out that Pokemon TV was discontinued earlier this year and now all the different seasons are scattered across various streaming services. Of course they are.

Get it together, TPC.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Day 43: Clauncher

You telling me a shrimp fired this gun?
Actual good choice from Gen 6. I feel like the Fire and Water types kind of carried design wise, not that Delphox was a winner.

Still waiting for the Punching Shrimp, since we got the Gun Shrimp.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Concord, which launched August 23, is shutting down this Friday.

Still not the fastest "release to shut down" game though, that "honor" belongs to a game that shut down in 1 day. (I can't remember the exact name of the game)

Edit: Now for a different game:

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Concord, which launched August 23, is shutting down this Friday.

Still not the fastest "release to shut down" game though, that "honor" belongs to a game that shut down in 1 day. (I can't remember the exact name of the game)

Edit: Now for a different game:

Wow. I figured they’d at least try to get more money out of it by going ftp. Complete shutdown is more than i expected. But, you know. It’s a bad game so goodbye and good riddance.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
There was also Hyenas which Sega shut down before it's release date (Despite the game already having had a beta)

this industry is cooked

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I can't remember whether or not I heard of Concord prior to it being released.

I didn't try it myself but while I don't want to say the gameplay I've seen looked awful because it didn't, a lot it looked...kind of janky and incomplete. The fact that many people described it as being similar to those fake video games that only exist in movies or TV shows for the characters to play in the background didn't bode well for it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Another issue I got are these live service gamas that shouldn't be live service. The Avengers should've just been a offline single player action game with periodic uodates for new hero/villian, not a game that constantly has to connect to the internet and also doxx you because it's so shoddy

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Another issue I got are these live service gamas that shouldn't be live service. The Avengers should've just been a offline single player action game with periodic uodates for new hero/villian, not a game that constantly has to connect to the internet and also doxx you because it's so shoddy
We definitely need more single player experiences.

Especially games that are actually complete on launch.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I genuinely feel bad for people working on live service slop, like 90% of it is someone chqsing trends and demanding all employees to work on it and when it inevitably flops, those employees get all the flak or even the boot, I think PlatinumGames still hasn't really gotten anything good since Babylon's Fall tanked their rep

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Concord just feels like they looked at Overwatch and Guardians of the Galaxy, and then snapped their fingers at their underplayed employees and said “make me one of those”
I feel like whoever wants to try and make the Next Big Hero Shooter™ needs to remember the genre is influenced by TF2, a game which has:

• Less classes but they all have defined roles, like how instead of having Medics A, B, C, and D, TF2 just has THE Medic and he can be equipped with all sorts of healing tools.
  • Bigger battles than 5v5. It may not be esport friendly, but esports are generally better when the playerbase decides a game is esport-worthy rather than it being enforced by the publisher, and consoles these days should be able to have more than 10 players in a match when Battlefield on PS4 was able to do 64 player battles.
  • More readable character designs, even with certain cosmetics that let you trick people into thinking your RED Pyro is BLU, it's still easier to tell who's on what team in TF2 than your average hero shooter.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
New CSM chapter left me with a lot of questions like

1. what?
2. wait, there’s two of them now?
3. mommy?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I genuinely feel bad for people working on live service slop, like 90% of it is someone chqsing trends and demanding all employees to work on it and when it inevitably flops, those employees get all the flak or even the boot, I think PlatinumGames still hasn't really gotten anything good since Babylon's Fall tanked their rep
This. Regardless of Concord's quality as a game, I feel bad for all of the employees who worked hard on it only for the game to be poorly received, shut down at least temporarily, and for the employees to potentially get fired or backlash over it because of some executives' crappy planning and bogus demands.

The fact that these poorly made and received live service games are usually made by bigger game developer companies is telling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom