• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Appreciate the offer. My schedule is pretty complicated right now that I'm on that gamedev grind, but maybe when I have some free time I'll consider. I have Street Fighter V and some Capcom collections from their recent humble bundle deal.

I do want to play with my friend as well though
Yo, SFV is sick.

IT HAD MY BOY FANG!

CAPCOM GIVE HIM BACK!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've not played the game at all, idk if my PC can even run it at its current state tbh
Honestly it is kind of intensive. So if your computer is weak, it probably won't run well.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
View attachment 393377

I'm sorry but what the actual **** is that name. 2XKO is one of the DUMBEST names that I've ever seen for a game. It's almost like they're ashamed of being associated with League and don't want anything to do with it in the title.
Is it meant to be Double Knock Out written in the most asinine way?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm sorry but what the actual **** is that name. 2XKO is one of the DUMBEST names that I've ever seen for a game. It's almost like they're ashamed of being associated with League and don't want anything to do with it in the title.
It's so bad because it tells nothing about the game other than its 2v2 and that's not even a remarkably rare thing for a fighting game.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm making a One Piece fighting game roster and I honestly cannot think of a character that would be surprising but also make sense in the base game

Like the new HxH has characters like Razor which are really cool deep cuts but One Piece has so many major characters that it's difficult to pull something like this off with it

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm making a One Piece fighting game roster and I honestly cannot think of a character that would be surprising but also make sense in the base game

Like the new HxH has characters like Razor which are really cool deep cuts but One Piece has so many major characters that it's difficult to pull something like this off with it
My choice for a deep cut is Baby 5 tbh, she just screams "Make me a character in a fighting game"

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

"Dorry and Broggy are too big, and they'd have to be duo fighters and/or clooooooooones!"

Anyways, I have a suggestion

Warusagi.jpg

Jondolio

Smash Hero
My choice for a deep cut is Baby 5 tbh, she just screams "Make me a character in a fighting game"
Honestly a really cool choice but I don't think she works in the base roster I've set for myself so far

1723452734066.png

Like those are all major players, I think it would be weird to have Baby 5 next to them, at least when the game launches

Razor getting in before Pitou was a crime against humanity
Whatever. Pick up a Volleyball /j

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

What about Vivi? She's not exactly a deep cut but has been off the story long enough that I think her inclusion might be surprising (while still being a pretty important character).

Jondolio

Smash Hero
What about Vivi? She's not exactly a deep cut but has been off the story long enough that I think her inclusion might be surprising (while still being a pretty important character).
So uhhh spoilers I guess but Vivi's back in the story, she hasn't reunited with the crew yet but Oda seems to be setting her up to be fairly important for the final saga. That being said I feel like the surprise factor would be mostly because she's not much of a combatant, and I'm not saying she can't fight but with all the other characters I put on the roster she kinda stands out in a weird way

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ya know, Snake talking about getting into a polycule through a trans discord server has made be think about that a-aspec server I'm in.

A year or so ago I mentioned being in the LA area, and another server member said they live around here as well and offered to meet up with me sometime. A mix of social anxiety and dysphoria made me turn it down.

I'm still anxious and dysphoric, and heck its been a long time...but I'm wondering if I should DM them and see if they're still up to that offer. My therapist keeps emphasising the need for a support system, and my sister hasn't had a lot of time for me lately ever since their partner moved in.

It'd probably be good for me, but it'd feel weird to ask them about an offer that's probably a year old at this point. For all I know they aren't even in the LA area anymore and are back studying abroad again.

Oh well, I'll give it some thought.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Ok I gave it some thought and came around to the idea of Vivi, so here's the finalized base roster
1723453981434.png

25 characters. DLC is gonna be difficult cause there's plenty of fan favorites I feel the need to add but also it would boring to only add fan favorites

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Ok I gave it some thought and came around to the idea of Vivi, so here's the finalized base roster
View attachment 393380
25 characters. DLC is gonna be difficult cause there's plenty of fan favorites I feel the need to add but also it would boring to only add fan favorites
Oh, there's a lot you could add. Ace, Smoker, Whitebeard, Caesar, Gecko Moria, King, Queen, Enel, that one edgy son of Big Mom I forgot the name of, Big Mom, Ivankov, Kaido, Garp, and even the Kung Fu Dugongs :yoshi:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ya know, Snake talking about getting into a polycule through a trans discord server has made be think about that a-aspec server I'm in.

A year or so ago I mentioned being in the LA area, and another server member said they live around here as well and offered to meet up with me sometime. A mix of social anxiety and dysphoria made me turn it down.

I'm still anxious and dysphoric, and heck its been a long time...but I'm wondering if I should DM them and see if they're still up to that offer. My therapist keeps emphasising the need for a support system, and my sister hasn't had a lot of time for me lately ever since their partner moved in.

It'd probably be good for me, but it'd feel weird to ask them about an offer that's probably a year old at this point. For all I know they aren't even in the LA area anymore and are back studying abroad again.

Oh well, I'll give it some thought.
If you trust them it never hurts to at least ask, not asking means you won't know if it's still a possibility after all

Jondolio

Smash Hero
K I'm done
1723462533784.png

DLC 3 is dedicated to the most unexpected choices and also Kid, who I thought would be funny to exclude from base

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Fighting games are so cool, I need to get back into learning SFVI. And try UNIST2. And get back in GG Strive, though that one's more me getting incredibly demotivated having to wait like 2 minutes for the damn main menu to load
I've been struggling to find the motivation to learn SFVI because I just don't jive 100% with anyone in the current roster aesthetically or mechanically.

Most of the characters I'd want to play are from SFIII and Alpha and by this time next year we're going to have like... One of them.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Rachael Lillis passed away on Saturday August 10.

She played many iconic characters, including the voice of Misty, Jessie, and Jigglypuff in the original seasons of Pokémon.
Not the news I expected to hear right after returning from a wake from a friend who passed away from cancer but damn, this is just cruel, poor woman was on a gofundme and I believe Sam Riegel's starting cancer treatment too

dezeray112

Smash Hero

She played many iconic characters, including the voice of Misty, Jessie, and Jigglypuff in the original seasons of Pokémon.
Terrible news to hear about Rachael Lillis' passing. May she rest in peace.

Will also add that she is what made Misty and Jessie special in the Pokemon animated series as well as voiced Jigglypuff (in the anime) for Super Smash Bros too.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

This is awful. Just awful. I don’t have the words for how upsetting this is to me.

She was an icon to Pokémon fans for generations, and she always will be.

May she rest in peace.

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
I believe Sam Riegel's starting cancer treatment too
Sam Riegel's treatment is already over and he's on the road to recovery.

What really sucks is that it was an entirely preventable form of tonsil cancer that can result from HPV, but the first HPV vaccine wasn't publicly available until 2006 and he likely caught it back in the 90s.

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
There are rumors the next Fortnite season is going to be entirely Marvel themed. If that's the case, how would people feel if this was the Battle Pass lineup?

Reed Richards
Johnny Storm
Professor X
Emma Frost
Kamala Kahn
Namor the Sub-Mariner
Ultron
Agatha Harkness (Secret Skin)
A 1/8 score isn't that bad... right?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

I grew up with the Pokemon anime as a kid, and her voice for Misty, Jessie and Jigglypuff are iconic to me. She helped bring those characters to life and made watching the show very memorable alongside Veronica's Ash, Maddie's Meowth, and Eric's Brock and James. Her roles have always had a special place in my heart as she did so much for them, and it's very sad that she passed so soon. RIP Rachel.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
K I'm done
View attachment 393384
DLC 3 is dedicated to the most unexpected choices and also Kid, who I thought would be funny to exclude from base
Btw to the One Piece fans of this thread, what do you think of this roster? I would genuinely like to hear since I feel like this roster could be contentious if it was for a real game

Top Bottom