• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

osby

Smash Obsessed
Btw to the One Piece fans of this thread, what do you think of this roster? I would genuinely like to hear since I feel like this roster could be contentious if it was for a real game
It's been a hot minute since I looked into what's going on in One Piece currently but
  • The base roster is pretty good with a nice mix of old and new
  • I like how DLC goes off the rails compared to it. I'd personally switch some bad guys with others but it's good
  • Bon Kurei is a based addition
  • I kinda feel like Bartolomeo should be here but he's not that important so I get it
Also, I'd like to hear if you have a particular fighting style for any of the characters, especially ones like Vivi who aren't often seen in action games

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If we don't get a Pokémon Presents this month, I still think it's possible for at least one announcement during the closing ceremony of the Pokémon World Championships (even if it's not Legends: Z-A related)

Noipoi

Howdy!
If we don't get a Pokémon Presents this month, I still think it's possible for at least one announcement during the closing ceremony of the Pokémon World Championships (even if it's not Legends: Z-A related)
Tomorrow is the last possible day they could announce a presents before Worlds. And at this point I’m not expecting anything.

I’m sure we’ll get a lovely trailer for TCG pocket at the closing ceremony, and then virtual silence until next February :nifty:

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_4144.jpeg
IMG_4145.jpeg
November needs to hurry out so his ass is banned from writing Spider-Man

Jondolio

Smash Hero
It's been a hot minute since I looked into what's going on in One Piece currently but
  • The base roster is pretty good with a nice mix of old and new
  • I like how DLC goes off the rails compared to it. I'd personally switch some bad guys with others but it's good
  • Bon Kurei is a based addition
  • I kinda feel like Bartolomeo should be here but he's not that important so I get it
Also, I'd like to hear if you have a particular fighting style for any of the characters, especially ones like Vivi who aren't often seen in action games
Honestly I like Bartolomeo but I don't really know how he'd fight, he's a 100% defensive character. I feel like he'd probably commentate on the fights though, that'd be funny

I didn't really put much thought into each individual playstyle (mostly because I'm not overly familiar with how fighting games operate) but for Vivi I'd mostly have her using her peacock slashers and maybe have a throw animation where she punches the opponent like how she punched Luffy in Alabasta. Also Karoo and the rest of the ducks would come in for supers.

I feel like most of the others are more straightforward since they're much more action oriented characters

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
First time I’ve ever seen a movie need an update patch

Greenhorne Ethan

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-4106-6771-3326
First time I’ve ever seen a movie need an update patch
Not quite the same, but there was when 2019's CATS movie received an update in the middle of its theatrical run to touch up the digital effects.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
so Metis, Kawakari/Yukami, and Spider-Akechi being 3 of the main characters to Sailor Moon…alright I can work with this

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly something that stands out to me about Rachel Lillis passing away is that she voiced Utena Tenjou
3717834-game_art_013.png

Both her English and Japanese VAs passed away before their 50's, it's pretty damn sad in ways I can't quite put my finger on
What if they remade all 4 Mega Man Zero games as one big Action RPG similar to Nier: Automata? Does this idea sound cool to anyone else?
I'll be real, NieR Automata's good cause of it's story, not because of it's gameplay and the Zero series' story just isn't good enough to do that with. Plus, you'd have to change loads of things like the unlockable special moves you got for getting high ranks, weapons would need to be reworked quite heavily as the Triple Rod and Chain Rod kind of need to not exist at the same time for story reasons and the Z Knuckle sounds like a lot of extra work too. If they fix the Omega fight to change his design that'd be cool though

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I'll be real, NieR Automata's good cause of it's story, not because of it's gameplay and the Zero series' story just isn't good enough to do that with. Plus, you'd have to change loads of things like the unlockable special moves you got for getting high ranks, weapons would need to be reworked quite heavily as the Triple Rod and Chain Rod kind of need to not exist at the same time for story reasons and the Z Knuckle sounds like a lot of extra work too. If they fix the Omega fight to change his design that'd be cool though
I just pulled out Nier as an example because it's open world and I thought the Zero games were kind of open ended in terms of their maps.

And yeah, the weapons systems would need reworked, you're combining four games into one and the Z-Knuckle is probably worth ditching (SomecallmeJohnny didn't like it anyway).

Plus, since it's a remake of the entire story, you could modify the story so he can have both rods at the same time. They serve separate game-play functions at the very least.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I just pulled out Nier as an example because it's open world and I thought the Zero games were kind of open ended in terms of their maps.

And yeah, the weapons systems would need reworked, you're combining four games into one and the Z-Knuckle is probably worth ditching (SomecallmeJohnny didn't like it anyway).

Plus, since it's a remake of the entire story, you could modify the story so he can have both rods at the same time. They serve separate game-play functions at the very least.
Idk, the Z Knuckle on paper is cool as ****, just tearing enemies to shreds and using them as weapons or chunks to throw or use as shields is just such a great idea, like, the intro boss has a Z Knuckle weakness where you can rip out it's wiring to cripple it, saying it should go is like saying that the chain rod's swinging ability should be removed because it's pretty finicky despite being pretty fun to use

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oh gee, what luck!

I got a notification this morning that my order for a Japan-only Switch game has shipped and only less than an hour ago, an official international release was announced.

1723507440388.png

Please tell me the game will have an English patch for the Japanese version...

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Oh gee, what luck!

I got a notification this morning that my order for a Japan-only Switch has shipped and only less than an hour ago, an official international release was announced.

View attachment 393407

Please tell me the game will have an English patch for the Japanese version...
What game are you talking about?
I want to see the trailer.

Last edited:

Greenhorne Ethan

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-4106-6771-3326
It's probably been a while since D23 talk stopped here, but my impressions now that it's over are kind of bleh. I'm mostly interested in core Disney stuff rather than acquired companies, so it feels like there wasn't much for me.

Villains land and a new nighttime parade at Magic Kingdom were kinda all I cared about on the parks front, Snow White remake looks unsurprisingly bad (but it hurts because I love and respect the original so much), the general shortage of new IP is still concerning. Villain redesigns for Fortnite skins are kinda weird, especially Maleficent with pants.

I'm getting worried about the silence surrounding Kingdom Hearts, considering when Nomura said not so long ago that something has happened to change the course of the series. Kingdom Hearts has had a considerable presence at D23 in the past, so you'd think there would be something this time.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
What game are you talking about?
I want to see the trailer.
The game is called "Otogi Katsugeki Mameda no Bakeru: Oracle Saitarou no Sainan!!" and its localized name will be simply "Bakeru"

I've played the demo and it was really fun.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's probably been a while since D23 talk stopped here, but my impressions now that it's over are kind of bleh. I'm mostly interested in core Disney stuff rather than acquired companies, so it feels like there wasn't much for me.

Villains land and a new nighttime parade at Magic Kingdom were kinda all I cared about on the parks front, Snow White remake looks unsurprisingly bad (but it hurts because I love and respect the original so much), the general shortage of new IP is still concerning. Villain redesigns for Fortnite skins are kinda weird, especially Maleficent with pants.

I'm getting worried about the silence surrounding Kingdom Hearts, considering when Nomura said not so long ago that something has happened to change the course of the series. Kingdom Hearts has had a considerable presence at D23 in the past, so you'd think there would be something this time.
I think Zootopia 2 looks interesting so far. The clip wasn’t amazing but I’m interested in the concept of reptiles being added to the world.

The first one was such a great movie except for the messy racial allegory so I’m hoping we get a worthy follow up.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Hadouken-less behaivour
The hadouken is **** in this game if you’re not already really good at it. Get hit once and you can’t use it. Plus you have to enter the command from street fighter to do it, and given my experience in the PSP version, it’s really finicky to pull off. I’m just gonna stick to my standard weapons. I’m just going to have fun.

Heck, I almost used a password to cheat and get all the upgrades before I even played just so I could rocket through it. But no. I decided not too and play normally.

Next time I’m totally using the password.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The hadouken is **** in this game if you’re not already really good at it. Get hit once and you can’t use it. Plus you have to enter the command from street fighter to do it, and given my experience in the PSP version, it’s really finicky to pull off. I’m just gonna stick to my standard weapons. I’m just going to have fun.

Heck, I almost used a password to cheat and get all the upgrades before I even played just so I could rocket through it. But no. I decided not too and play normally.

It’s times like these when I like to remember Cranky Kong’s timeless advice
IMG_9287.png

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

That's fine, there's genuinely nothing wrong with that in my book, you should have the freedom to play how you want.

But uh. Maybe try the charged version of Sting Chameleon's weapon a few times when going through some stages if you can't hadouken Sigma and his dog

Top Bottom