• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Shroob

Sup?
The more interesting topic is what kind of boomer is Shadow the Hedgehog. He's mixed and has 2 dads while growing up on the ARK, but he has no sense of inflation so he'd be like "Faker, here's 10 cents, go fill up my bike with gas, keep the change"
Imagine Shadow when he sees the inflation on a McDonald's cheeseburger.

That's how we get Shadow the Hedgehog 2.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The more interesting topic is what kind of boomer is Shadow the Hedgehog. He's mixed and has 2 dads while growing up on the ARK, but he has no sense of inflation so he'd be like "Faker, here's 10 cents, go fill up my bike with gas, keep the change"
Depends, are we talking Adventure **** the government Shadow or 06 I work for the US Military Shadow?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
I was gonna make a snappy comeback, but this made me think of the idea of a Cranky Kong let's play channel and I want that so badly now.
Cranky Kong but he's playing Minecraft Java (he mostly plays older versions, and initially disliked the game before warming up to it) and for a large portion of his livestream, he's ranting about Minecraft Bedrock's marketplace and the 1.9+ combat.

"I'll give it to Bedrock, at least Mojang got their heads back into gear and kept the old combat on there! Modern Java STINKS! What were they thinking, removing sword blocking and slowing everything down? Bedrock does it right! At least kids these days can still experience the actually GOOD combat on there! That version of the game is still complete rubbish, though. Why would I waste my money on the marketplace's junk when I can download free, quality items from the good members of the community? Maybe if they had some quality control, I'd be more willing to even just browse the horrid thing! Seriously, some 'horror creepypasta' addon where all the 'scary monsters' are just weaker zombies? Who approved these ripoffs? They'll accept even the most obvious conartist these days! I suppose at least two or so quality mod creators have put their stuff on there, but that's it!"

"...anyway, where was I...oh yes, that's right, I was brewing some healing potions, thank you MineyKong64 in the chat for reminding me. No, XxFunkyGunnerxX, I haven't played Fortnite and I never will!"

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
As good as I'm sure the Legends games really are, it would be fun to see the actual classic Mega Man formula translated into 3D.

Mega Man 3D World.
Cranky Kong but he's playing Minecraft Java (he mostly plays older versions, and initially disliked the game before warming up to it) and for a large portion of his livestream, he's ranting about Minecraft Bedrock's marketplace and the 1.9+ combat.

"I'll give it to Bedrock, at least Mojang got their heads back into gear and kept the old combat on there! Modern Java STINKS! What were they thinking, removing sword blocking and slowing everything down? Bedrock does it right! At least kids these days can still experience the actually GOOD combat on there! That version of the game is still complete rubbish, though. Why would I waste my money on the marketplace's junk when I can download free, quality items from the good members of the community? Maybe if they had some quality control, I'd be more willing to even just browse the horrid thing! Seriously, some 'horror creepypasta' addon where all the 'scary monsters' are just weaker zombies? Who approved these ripoffs? They'll accept even the most obvious conartist these days! I suppose at least two or so quality mod creators have put their stuff on there, but that's it!"

"...anyway, where was I...oh yes, that's right, I was brewing some healing potions, thank you MineyKong64 in the chat for reminding me. No, XxFunkyGunnerxX, I haven't played Fortnite and I never will!"
This. This is what I want.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Cranky Kong rocks back and fourth talking about how Gen 3 was the last good Pokemon gen before they ruined it. He drones on about splits killing his favorite Pokemon or something...
I love how when Cranky was created even the SNES was too new and modern for him (he only liked Arcade games I think) but now we just give him any boomer gamer opinion we can think of.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I love how when Cranky was created even the SNES was too new and modern for him (he only liked Arcade games I think) but now we just give him any boomer gamer opinion we can think of.
In a few years, he'll be hitting people with Zoomer gamer opinions. The Wii (U) is already Retro (heh) status.

Then I'll know I'm old.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Part of me wants to see more of what mega man has to offer after the X and Zero series. But I really don’t know if the Legends games will retain enough of what makes Mega Man good to be worth playing. And the Battle Network and Star Force games are both card/deck based RPGs if my knowledge is correct and those are always… annoying… to me.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
As of tonight I have watched every Epcot nighttime fireworks show IRL. Here are my opinions

Illuminations: My favorite still, it is incredibly emblematic of Epcot with such moving music and a great visual aspect. We go on hit then and it hits 5 years after the show has ended

Epcot Forever: worked okay as a filler show, I wished the Kites were more flashy and Whole New World being the final song was weird and bad considering how the rest of the songs were a great showcase of the history of Epcot.

Harmonious: I only ever saw this once so my memory is hazy, but the show itself was pretty with some great tech, but not really emblematic of anything, just a general Disney fireworks show. Also the Barges were distractingly ugly

Luminous: I think this is a good middle ground between Illuminations and Harmonious, It is much more tasteful in it's deployment of Disney songs. But also Disney go a whole nighttime show without Friend Like Me or I See The Light challenge (They are great songs but they are in every Nighttime show) The fountains were absolutely gorgeous, only real complaint about the visuals is how low to the ground they were. Also the show had a theme and story it was going for and it tugged at some heartstrings.

Shroob

Sup?
Part of me wants to see more of what mega man has to offer after the X and Zero series. But I really don’t know if the Legends games will retain enough of what makes Mega Man good to be worth playing. And the Battle Network and Star Force games are both card/deck based RPGs if my knowledge is correct and those are always… annoying… to me.
I love Megaman Battle Network tbh, but also it's very much an alternate reality that's disconnected from the Classic > X > Zero > ZX timeline.

Come to think if it, Legends Arceus didn't really give us a whole lot of lore on Arceus itself.

Like we get lore on everything Sinnoh but Arceus just isekai's the player to the past and just... idk eats popcorn until the end of the game.
If you had godlike powers, sometimes you'd also wanna do a little silly.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'd probably switch Enel or Arlong with Moriah. Idk, he'd just be more interesting to me.
I see

Arlong was honestly prioritized because I thought he'd be a surprising pick in this day and age and didn't really think too much about his gameplay (though I do think he could have unique gameplay compared to everyone else on the roster) so I could honestly swap Moria in favor of him. I just don't really like the idea of Perona and Moria being in the same DLC pack, most of the characters in these packs have very little to do with each other aside from DLC 4

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Honestly I like Bartolomeo but I don't really know how he'd fight, he's a 100% defensive character. I feel like he'd probably commentate on the fights though, that'd be funny

I didn't really put much thought into each individual playstyle (mostly because I'm not overly familiar with how fighting games operate) but for Vivi I'd mostly have her using her peacock slashers and maybe have a throw animation where she punches the opponent like how she punched Luffy in Alabasta. Also Karoo and the rest of the ducks would come in for supers.

I feel like most of the others are more straightforward since they're much more action oriented characters

Around the minute mark you can see how Bartolomeo's barriers worked into his moveset in Burning Blood. I don't think you'd need to change too much if for a 2D fighter.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Around the minute mark you can see how Bartolomeo's barriers worked into his moveset in Burning Blood. I don't you'd need to change too much if for a 2D fighter.
Ok I can see how he could fight but I don't have space for him and he's not really much of a priority for me personally

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
There's been a trend where people self diagnose themselves with mental disorders and idk I feel like that's kinda dangerous? Like at the least, I feel a lot of misinfo can fly by doing that. But I am NT (least to my knowledge) so idk if that's something I should talk about, but I just get vibes when I was a young teen and everyone said they had OCD.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There's been a trend where people self diagnose themselves with mental disorders and idk I feel like that's kinda dangerous? Like at the least, I feel a lot of misinfo can fly by doing that. But I am NT (least to my knowledge) so idk if that's something I should talk about, but I just get vibes when I was a young teen and everyone said they had OCD.
Tbh I get it, an actual diagnosis can be costly and takes so much time, then there's stuff like Canada's assisted suicide stuff which I don't know the full details of but makes people not want to be open about any conditions they have. There's also discrimination people face after a diagnosis, be it from people assuming having autism means they have been given a mission by god himself to treat you like a 5 year old, being deemed unhireable for a job, having your accomplishments downplayed as mere luck rather than hard work. Like, my gender diagnosis took 8 ****ing years for a doctor to go "Hmmm yes this patient saying they experience gender dysphoria is indeed experiencing gender dysphoria and isn't just being too autistic to tell"

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbh I get it, an actual diagnosis can be costly and takes so much time, then there's stuff like Canada's assisted suicide stuff which I don't know the full details of but makes people not want to be open about any conditions they have. There's also discrimination people face after a diagnosis, be it from people assuming having autism means they have been given a mission by god himself to treat you like a 5 year old, being deemed unhireable for a job, having your accomplishments downplayed as mere luck rather than hard work. Like, my gender diagnosis took 8 ****ing years for a doctor to go "Hmmm yes this patient saying they experience gender dysphoria is indeed experiencing gender dysphoria and isn't just being too autistic to tell"
Yeah, I did some research and yeah it's tough for a diagnosis. My only experience with the tests and all was I had an autism screening cause I was apparently non-verbal when I was little little. It came negative and also I talk a lot now so I guess 🤷🏾‍♂️. Ignore that my sis got professinally diagnosed with ADHD and some other stuff and my mom has a scatterbrain and my dad does odd motions and noises and murmurs to himself out of the blue and I also do those odd motions and noises maybe I should get checked out idk

Under further thinking tho, I think I have more of an issue with people infaltilizing disorders, primarily NTs infantilizing it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Under further thinking tho, I think I have more of an issue with people infaltilizing disorders, primarily NTs infantilizing it.
On god there was nothing that made me crave violence as a teenager more than witnessing the way people would treat people as lesser because of disorders, issues, whatever. I could have people talk to me as if they were talking to anyone else but the ment they hear I'm neurodivergent? They talk slower, with an added singsong that isn't in their voice when they talk to anyone else, in some cases, even dumbing down their words

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
On god there was nothing that made me crave violence as a teenager more than witnessing the way people would treat people as lesser because of disorders, issues, whatever. I could have people talk to me as if they were talking to anyone else but the ment they hear I'm neurodivergent? They talk slower, with an added singsong that isn't in their voice when they talk to anyone else, in some cases, even dumbing down their words
I feel like it got worse with social media trying to make all NDs as wholesome quirky uwu smol beans and you know... not actual people with genuine feelings that are case by case.

But let someone have a mental breakdown and suddenly **** ain't sweet.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I unhooked myself from Multiversus. After playing every day since launch and structuring my day around completing my dailies like it was homework, I have now not played at all for about a week. Honestly it feels really nice.

Top Bottom