• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
View attachment 393136

Look it’s NOT my fault that I think PIXIE CUTS are an ATTRACTIVE hairstyle okay I LEARNED MY LESSON and you’re gonna STOP BULLYING ME or I’M TELLING ON YOU
If you end up getting burned by another Lesbian, just know I will be bulling you

cashregister9

Smash Hero
All this Persona talk is making me want to revisit the series.

I have my problems with the series, but also it has been a while so my tastes and opinions have changed, and 3 Reload looks really good...

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Hmmm... I said I won't be playing another Persona game for a while but maybe that's the best way to handle my post-P4 depression

I might play Persona 5 sooner than I thought

Noipoi

Howdy!
But also, I wonder.

That Mystery Dungeon GBA announcement the other night, doesn’t that seem like something they’d save for a Presents? A reveal like that is pretty Presents-y.

But ALSO also, supposedly there was an update to the S/V YouTube playlist. Which could imply that a new video could be added to it. Perhaps a new event (like the Mewtwo raids) that’ll be announced in an upcoming Presentation?

Getting a lot of conflicted messages right now… 🤔

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
But also, I wonder.

That Mystery Dungeon GBA announcement the other night, doesn’t that seem like something they’d save for a Presents? A reveal like that is pretty Presents-y.

But ALSO also, supposedly there was an update to the S/V YouTube playlist. Which could imply that a new video could be added to it. Perhaps a new event (like the Mewtwo raids) that’ll be announced in an upcoming Presentation?

Getting a lot of conflicted messages right now… 🤔
The Mystery Dungeon NSO announcement should have no impact on a Pokémon Presents happening. All previous Pokémon games on NSO were announced outside of a Pokémon presentation.

The only time they were in a Presents was the shadow drop of the previously announced Stadium 2 and TCG GB.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
For reference, here are all of the remaining non-mainline Pokémon games that are on consoles represented in NSO:
  • Stadium JP
  • Hey You, Pikachu! (would need a microphone to work)
  • Pinball
  • Puzzle Challenge
  • Card GB 2: Here Comes Team GR!
  • Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Imagine this
You are walking down the streat and a nice sunny day when "Stop! Thief!" (The Super PMD and Explores of sky ver) From PMD starrs playing.

Do you panic and run or stay and see if that song is playing for you

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Imagine this
You are walking down the streat and a nice sunny day when "Stop! Thief!" (The Super PMD and Explores of sky ver) From PMD starrs playing.

Do you panic and run or stay and see if that song is playing for you
Stay because I didn't steal anything.

But someone's getting a legendary ass whooping so I'm gonna see it through

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm late to the Fairly Oddparents talk, but I definitely think I need to start watching A New Wish, myself.

I'm actually shocked to see FOP not only getting a brand new show that's actually legitimately good like the show's earlier years, but also one that has a more serialized format and more continuity than the original, giving it a chance to get a bigger following like so many of today's western animated shows. The greater sense of continuity also gives the show more space to grow.

Tbf, even the first few seasons with Poof were still good. I'm one of the people who really liked Poof as a new member of the cast and I thought most of the episodes focusing on him were legitimately creative. And compared to future characters, Poof was somewhat divisive but overall well-liked by most of the show's fans. Few people liked Anti-Poof after his first episode or two because the crew constantly give him the spotlight as a villain and he started becoming overused (at the cost of Anti-Cosmo and Anti-Wanda no longer appearing, at that) Sparky was poorly written and widely hated from the beginning to the point where he more or or less got retconned or ignored, and Chloe was divisive throughout the entire final season at best. That's in addition to several other characters who had been around from the first few seasons getting heavily flanderized (the ones who weren't already flanderized after season 1 to begin with, that is).

Butch Hartman's habit of introducing new main characters to the cast and the very poor characterization of most of them played a major part in the original show's downfall. Looking back, I think the only reasons Poof worked was because he was a baby that thus wouldn't get much, if any dialogue, and because he was introduced well before Butch and the crew started running out of ideas and the show's quality took a nosedive that it never fully recovered from.

By contrast, at least from what I've heard and read about A New Wish so far, this new series seems to be doing everything right that the original show started doing wrong. It may only be in it's first season, but something tells me this series won't be making the same mistake of introducing new and poorly written characters per season or two for the sake of it, especially with Butch now only serving as a producer this time around.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I've said it before and i'll say it again. Weather as just a localized port or a remake like Famicom Detective Club, I just really wanna play Yuyuki and Shin Onigashima. I just can't read japanese and there are no fan translations (and their really can't be because it uses vertical text. Common in Japan but it really isn't a thing in english)

Shroob

Sup?
I've said it before and i'll say it again. Weather as just a localized port or a remake like Famicom Detective Club, I just really wanna play Yuyuki and Shin Onigashima. I just can't read japanese and there are no fan translations (and their really can't be because it uses vertical text. Common in Japan but it really isn't a thing in english)
V T
E E
R X
T T
I ?
C
A
L

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
my poke history.png

Decided to make a list of all the Pokémon I've managed to finish games with based on my own memory and checking the Hall of Fame.

The ones that aren't fully evolved:
Pikachu- from playing Yellow.
Primeape- from my last Yellow playthrough. Obviously Annihilape didn't exist at the time.
Onix- my first playthrough of Platinum. I didn't have anyone to trade with to evolve it.
Dunsparce- my first playthrough of HeartGold. We weren't blessed with Dudunsparce yet.

The last three, I checked on my Gameboy after getting some new batteries and haven't gotten round to putting them in Dex order.

I just included Pokémon once but I have definitely used a bunch in multiple games and playthroughs. The Pokemon I've used the most across different generations is Crobat. I've had one on my final team in Gold, Sapphire, Black 2, Alpha Sapphire and Legends Arceus.

I was tossing up including ones I used for a large chunk of the game but switched out towards the end. My memory gets a bit foggy there though so, maybe I'll put them in a separate image.

Noipoi

Howdy!
View attachment 393146

Decided to make a list of all the Pokémon I've managed to finish games with based on my own memory and checking the Hall of Fame.

The ones that aren't fully evolved:
Pikachu- from playing Yellow.
Primeape- from my last Yellow playthrough. Obviously Annihilape didn't exist at the time.
Onix- my first playthrough of Platinum. I didn't have anyone to trade with to evolve it.
Dunsparce- my first playthrough of HeartGold. We weren't blessed with Dudunsparce yet.

The last three, I checked on my Gameboy after getting some new batteries and haven't gotten round to putting them in Dex order.

I just included Pokémon once but I have definitely used a bunch in multiple games and playthroughs. The Pokemon I've used the most across different generations is Crobat. I've had one on my final team in Gold, Sapphire, Black 2, Alpha Sapphire and Legends Arceus.

I was tossing up including ones I used for a large chunk of the game but switched out towards the end. My memory gets a bit foggy there though so, maybe I'll put them in a separate image.
White block is my favorite Pokémon

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
White block is my favorite Pokémon
Rofl.

I was going to put the Pokémon logo there but then I found the last three. It's just left as a WIP which probably won't be touched unless I replay something or after Legends Z-A.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Day 13: Fletchinder

If you notice, Fletchling has a white arrow on its tail. Talonflame, who was revealed a little later, has three arrows on its tail. From this the fanbase inferred that there must be a secret middle stage with two arrows on its tail, and turns out we were right!

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
It just occurred to me they could make a 2D fairly odd parents platformer and just steal the wonder flower mechanic so each stage can have a “wish effect” which changes up the gameplay a bit.

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
This is the first weekend I've had off work in a while. Hell, this is the first time I've had multiple days off in a row in a while. I've been looking forward to this for weeks...
1722748397436.png

saturday was kind of a bust ngl. sunday and monday aint looking much better. i'm not saying i'd rather be at work but at least i have a purpose there.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I got Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. It was on sale and I have attachment issues
You probably know this already but be careful if you're planning to tackle the story mode - it has some major spoilers for P3.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
You probably know this already but be careful if you're planning to tackle the story mode - it has some major spoilers for P3.
I don't think i'll tackle the story mode right now but at the same time I don't care too much about spoilers, I probably got spoiled on a bunch of stuff from P3 already

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
from what I’ve seen and heard, modern Roblox didn’t seem very good minus one or so games I’ve seen, so I didn’t like it much despite barely playing it anymore anyway.

I decided to try it again tonight, mainly because my brother showed me cool stuff you can do with your avatar.

I found a cool spider “character” bundle that replaces all your body parts with cute, higher polygon spider parts. I spent all the Robux I had on various stuff in the marketplace, including that spider thing, Undertale/Deltarune, Hatsune Miku, Minecraft, Gawr Gura, and some other stuff.

You can make your character look almost JUST like Minecraft Steve, including the width/height of his body, with the only issue being the crevices Roblox has in its blocky body’s limbs (you can also use the classic (or “R6”) body for it to be almost perfect, but it makes the Steve face blurry for some reason). With this knowledge, Roblox seems much more fun just because I can walk around in games as the spitting image of Steve from the Craft. Hopefully Roblox doesn’t take my avatar items away due to copyright :c

While playing a game, I also saw someone who’s avatar was Cirno from Touhou with the Fumo’s face and general proportions (they even had their display name set to “Cirno” xD).

There’s still some stuff that seems very weird for Roblox (like these things called “Experiences” which I didn’t try, but a picture showed high-polygon, generic human models…idk how Experiences actually work, though), but what you can do with your avatar is very fun (at least if you’ve got Robux).

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Day 13: Fletchinder

If you notice, Fletchling has a white arrow on its tail. Talonflame, who was revealed a little later, has three arrows on its tail. From this the fanbase inferred that there must be a secret middle stage with two arrows on its tail, and turns out we were right!
What a good boi of a Pokemon. (Even though the one I trained was female.) I believe Fletchinder would feel really nice and warm to pet.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Even when french people win they lose, you love to see it. Karma for making all the swimmers sick and making me miserable with everything involving the olympics
Didnt one of the swimmers throw up after swimming in the **** River™?

His life expentancy probably went down a good 20 years

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My Hero Academia ended today. The manga at least.

One Piece meanwhile continues to proceed. When they say its close to ending they probably mean in another 100 years. It's gonna outlive humanity.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Top Bottom