• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Try but why would they bring back the one thing that caused the decline of the OG show
OK that's like saying Scrappy Doo is actually what killed original Scooby. Chloe was a symptom. Not the disease. What killed the show was bad writing and even worse animation and Nickelodeon just trying to keep it going like a zombie.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Who tf is Chloe?

The last new addition to the OG was Poof
aye hold up we ain’t skipping the homie Foop/Irep
Can you imagine if they made a weird spin off in that time?

Like a live action sitcom with janky cheap animation?
and imagine if Crocker and Vicky had a romance story involved to make things worse

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Back on the MCU Rewatch grind with Captain America: Civil War

Another one of my favorites. I liked the character stuff and the story was good, Spider-man and Black Panther had great introductions. It also has some of the best fights in the franchise with some really memorable moments and interactions.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I love how everyone seems to adore the FOP sequel thing cause it's so funny that not having a miserable boomer in charge turned the show that everyone said should have ended like a decade earlier to something you can just feel the creative passion from in damn near every clip
Yeah… Butch Hartman really burned up any good will and reputation he had like gasoline.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Butch is still on the show as an executive producer, his company co-produces the show (and yeah it's his series, I think he has some hand in the copyright).

He's just not directing or writing or making the new designs or really anything on the creative side.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I wanna talk about Mega Man.
Missed the talk earlier but I remember brainstorming ideas for a movie adaptation a while back and I think I might’ve brought up a potential cast before, I made a few changes since then. Wanted something that could work for both animation and live action (with the robot characters being heavily game influenced CGI)

Rock/Mega Man: Finn Wolfhard or Jacob Tremblay
Dr. Light: Alfred Molina
Dr. Wily: Hugh Laurie
Roll: McKenna Grace
Rush: Jon Bailey
Cut Man: Alan Tudyk
Guts Man: Kyle Hebert
Ice Man: Sean Giambrone
Bomb Man: Keegan Michael Key
Fire Man: Nick Offerman
Elec Man: Nathan Fillion

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Missed the talk earlier but I remember brainstorming ideas for a movie adaptation a while back and I think I might’ve brought up a potential cast before, I made a few changes since then. Wanted something that could work for both animation and live action (with the robot characters being heavily game influenced CGI)

Rock/Mega Man: Finn Wolfhard or Jacob Tremblay
Dr. Light: Alfred Molina
Dr. Wily: Hugh Laurie
Roll: McKenna Grace
Rush: Jon Bailey
Cut Man: Alan Tudyk
Guts Man: Kyle Hebert
Ice Man: Sean Giambrone
Bomb Man: Keegan Michael Key
Fire Man: Nick Offerman
Elec Man: Nathan Fillion
I like McKenna Grace as much as the next girl but I really don’t think a live action/animation hybrid is the best way to go. Better to just be animated.

Also Rush doesn’t talk.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean, that was the cartoon. It's not how he works in the games.
And the Mario Movie took a lot of inspo from the Super Show.

I'm just saying it wouldn't be too wacky for a hypothetical Mega Man film to take inspiration from other adaptations, and not just take from the games 100%.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Butch is still on the show as an executive producer, his company co-produces the show (and yeah it's his series, I think he has some hand in the copyright).

He's just not directing or writing or making the new designs or really anything on the creative side.
and he will be milking the success he had no real hand in

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
And the Mario Movie took a lot of inspo from the Super Show.

I'm just saying it wouldn't be too wacky for a hypothetical Mega Man film to take inspiration from other adaptations, and not just take from the games 100%.
They can take the theme song. That would be cool. But I don’t think Rush should be talking like Scooby-Doo. When Scooby does it it’s endearing. When other characters do it it’s… irritating.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Idk about the new season but speaking of FOP in different languages, it's a cool coincidence how Peri means "fairy" in some languages.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

And you can tell because Cosmo and Wanda actually love each other and as far I can tell, there's no weird jokes about race lmao

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I like McKenna Grace as much as the next girl but I really don’t think a live action/animation hybrid is the best way to go. Better to just be animated.
Like I said, I was making this cast to work for both outcomes. Granted it’d take a considerable amount of competent CGI, but I don’t think it’d be a bad idea for a hybrid. It’s working for Sonic so far and considering the flexibility of robot designs compared to animals, the robots wouldn’t look too out of place next to real humans even if you styled them off the games.

Also Rush doesn’t talk.
That’s the actor from Mega Man 11, and he wasn’t talking in that game, just making noises like Odie.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I just learned a really weird thing.

In an episode of Courage, he's facing Le Quack by shooting projectiles out of tvs by changing the channels, showing different scenes of boats and submarines. Anyways, apparently King Ghidorah made a cameo appearance by nearly vaporizing Courage.

Just a fun little thing I guess.
I haven't seen much of Courage but that's not the first time they had Ghidorah appear lmao

Also I've been watching Batman Caped Crusader, I must say, it was a great idea to set it in the 40's, feels very fun so far

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Day 12: Fletchling

I remember a lot of memes from before XY were released of Fletchling secretly being a hellspawn fire beast. Which made it funny when it evolved into a fire type :nifty:
Oh my god this is DEFINITELY one of the cutest Pokemon in my opinion.

Though to be fair that's a LOT of Pokemon in Kalos.

And Fletchling/Talonflame is also one of the first Pokemon I trained (I named her Emma)...even though I also had a Fennekin/Delphox on my team. My teambuilding skills aren't the best.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Like I said, I was making this cast to work for both outcomes. Granted it’d take a considerable amount of competent CGI, but I don’t think it’d be a bad idea for a hybrid. It’s working for Sonic so far and considering the flexibility of robot designs compared to animals, the robots wouldn’t look too out of place next to real humans even if you styled them off the games.
I mean, I think it’s a common complaint about the Sonic movies that they’re hybrids with Sonic in the real world instead of just animated movies in Sonic’s world.

That’s the actor from Mega Man 11, and he wasn’t talking in that game, just making noises like Odie.
I did not know that. I played 11 but I barely used Rush so I guess I never noticed.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Imma hold out until i hear about whether or not there's a gratuitous sex scene between Bruce and Barbara
Bruce Timm confirmed their relationship is strictly platonic like 2 days ago after a poorly worded review implied he was doing that **** again, I just finished it and can confirm this was ****ing incredible oh my god, the first 2 episodes were passable but the other 8 are just incredible, it genuinely felt like TAS. Well, set in the 40's anyway, it has the soul of the show we all know and love, hell, they got a pretty good soundalike for Kevin Conroy. I can only hope this show keeps this level of quality at minimum when it inevitably gets more seasons, I've still got chills from the final episode lmao

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Bruce Timm confirmed their relationship is strictly platonic like 2 days ago after a poorly worded review implied he was doing that **** again, I just finished it and can confirm this was ****ing incredible oh my god, the first 2 episodes were passable but the other 8 are just incredible, it genuinely felt like TAS. Well, set in the 40's anyway, it has the soul of the show we all know and love, hell, they got a pretty good soundalike for Kevin Conroy. I can only hope this show keeps this level of quality at minimum when it inevitably gets more seasons, I've still got chills from the final episode lmao
Ok good to know, I might check it out

Top Bottom