• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Fair enough. Fair enough. The completion process is a bit tedious.
I beat the game, I just never really got far in the extra levels cause they're pretty hard.

Either way I don't think 3D World is what I'm currently looking for

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Since I haven’t seen it mentioned, here’s the Thousand Year Door sales:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!

Then talk about Mega Man. Who's stopping you?
Reserved the upcoming Mega Man comics at my local comic store today.

Got through the first Kossak level in 4 before taking a break.

Really wish there was a new Mega Man game to play atm. I still haven't played the X or Zero games despite owning the collections. Will probably give them a try after I finish replaying Classic.

Wish there was a cheap way to get the Archie comics

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Booted up Mega Man X.

I forgot that this game's default control scheme is pretty pretty ****ing painful to use, and I think this is the playthrough where I'll finally switch to something new

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm thinking of gifting P4G to my best friend on Steam because I think she'll like it and I need someone to talk to about this game

I'm probably repeating myself but this is easily in the running for one of my all time favorite games

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Honestly I like all 11 classic games equally. 6 is good, even if Mr. X is a dumb plot point (they could have at least made him look not so much like Wily). But all of them are great!
Yeah, I enjoy all of them too. MM1, MM5, and MM8 are definitely on the weaker side for me personally though.

For reference, this is how I ranked the games the last time I played through them all:

my-image.png

I've still yet to play Mega Man and Bass but I'm in no hurry given that game's reputation for being bull**** hard and whatnot.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Yeah, I enjoy all of them too. MM1, MM5, and MM8 are definitely on the weaker side for me personally though.

For reference, this is how I ranked the games the last time I played through them all:

View attachment 393117

I've still yet to play Mega Man and Bass but I'm in no hurry given that game's reputation for being bull**** hard and whatnot.
Since I've only ever played them on the Legacy collection, and I make heavy use of rewind, I get pretty much the same enjoyment out of 1 as I do the others. I recognize all the ways it's "the pilot episode" but it's still fun.

Curious why you put 5 and 8 at the bottom though. Those are both pretty good (despite 8's voice acting).

Also what about the Game Boy games? You played those?

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Since I've only ever played them on the Legacy collection, and I make heavy use of rewind, I get pretty much the same enjoyment out of 1 as I do the others. I recognize all the ways it's "the pilot episode" but it's still fun.

Curious why you put 5 and 8 at the bottom though. Those are both pretty good (despite 8's voice acting).

Also what about the Game Boy games? You played those?
5 and 8 are just pretty unremarkable imo. Both are still enjoyable because the core gameplay of Mega Man is fun, but they feel pretty bland and uninspired to me. I also don't think the movement in 8 feels nearly as good as the rest of the series.

And nah, but I hear that only IV and V are really worth playing out of those.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mega Man and here I am stuck at work. lol

9 is probably my favorite. 1/5 I think I have a higher opinion of than most, but I think they are the easiest to pick and play in any boss order.

The GB titles are fun, though IV and V stand out the most due to their ambition.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
oh yeah

I managed to read the final MHA issue…quite the ending to it all

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
5 and 8 are just pretty unremarkable imo. Both are still enjoyable because the core gameplay of Mega Man is fun, but they feel pretty bland and uninspired to me. I also don't think the movement in 8 feels nearly as good as the rest of the series.

And nah, but I hear that only IV and V are really worth playing out of those.
I’d go as far as to say V is the only one worth playing. Like yeah it’s fun and has some interesting little twists but it’s still inherently derivative of the console games with a small ammount of new content (just like I-III). V on the other hand is all new content, including preserving the only original content from I-IV.

You know those 8-Bit demakes of 7 & 8? I’d love it if someone gave V that treatment, remaking it in the style of the NES games so you could have the larger screen real estate and color pallet (as well as the controls).

Noipoi

Howdy!
Guess who had to call 911 for the first time today!! :088:

It was a false alarm. The smoke detectors were going off like there was carbon monoxide so we all had to stand outside in the rain, but the fire department came and it was just a malfunction.

No one was hurt. Just a grumpy, wet cat.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I normally don’t mention returning Fortnite collabs, but this one has been unavailable for over 800 days.

El Chapulin Colorado is back.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
tbf…Dev…yeah he’s got too much baggage to deal with
Tfw I "Jealously spy on" my godkid after we got into a fight
Screenshot_20240802_200749_X.jpg

Is this from one of those commercials or bumpers where a screaming zombie suddenly shows up from the bottom of the screen?
Its the test they used to do in eye exams that test for glaucoma that had you stare at the red hot air balloon or the house in the distance and they shoot a puff of air into your eye

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
OK. For people who have watched A New Wish Do they explain why Poof has a different name now or is it just a retcon? Do they at least acknowledge he used to go by a different name?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
OK. For people who have watched A New Wish Do they explain why Poof has a different name now or is it just a retcon? Do they at least acknowledge he used to go by a different name?
i think the main reason is
, irl, poof is considered a slur in other countries so they changed it to Peri and yeah, he name.change is acknowlaledged in universe

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Best FOP content in years.

Which isn’t the highest bar to clear, considering the show went to **** in the last seasons with the dog and the new girl and the flash animation, but yeah.

Best FOP in years.
and there was absolutely nothing that happened in between Chloe and Hazel

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
That's nice. Nice that they acknowledge continuity.

Is the show good? Should I watch it?

Honestly I kinda wanna see Sparky come back now since his voice actor is a trans icon and I wanna see a trans fairy dog very much please.
Yeah, sorry, Indont think Sparky is gonan ever come back. Same with Chloe. The Sparky is referenced but never shown. One reference was on a list of Wanda had of to do's one was to feed Sparky (commit tax evasion and steal for Jorgen were crossed off... Feed Sparky wasnt soooooo...)and the other reference was Hazel going to throw her dinner away and she was calling the trash can Sparky

I have a feeling they arent really warm to Sparky

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Best FOP content in years.

Which isn’t saying too much, considering the show went to **** in the last seasons with the dog and the other girl and the flash animation, but yeah.

Best FOP in years.
I still can't believe the reason they changed Peri's name. Like, yes, I acknowledge "poof" is a slur in the UK (and apparently other parts of the world) but he was added to the show not that long ago and like... I kind of feel like if that was a problem now it would have been a problem back then too. We would be seeing stuff all about how other dubs changed his name and it would be well known trivia. I feel like it's probably something else.

Also they should totally bring back Chloe as like... a villain. Like an out of touch girlboss ceo like that one character from the fortune cookie episode of Rick and Morty.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Yeah, sorry, Indont think Sparky is gonan ever come back. Same with Chloe. The Sparky is referenced but never shown. One reference was on a list of Wanda had of to do's one was to feed Sparky (commit tax evasion and steal for Jorgen were crossed off... Feed Sparky wasnt soooooo...)and the other reference was Hazel going to throw her dinner away and she was calling the trash can Sparky

I have a feeling they arent really warm to Sparky
I know. It's more that I like Maddie Taylor and want to see her in more stuff than an actual desire to see the character.

Noipoi

Howdy!
and there was absolutely nothing that happened in between Chloe and Hazel
Can you imagine if they made a weird spin off in that time?

Like a live action sitcom with janky cheap animation?
I still can't believe the reason they changed Peri's name. Like, yes, I acknowledge "poof" is a slur in the UK (and apparently other parts of the world) but he was added to the show not that long ago and like... I kind of feel like if that was a problem now it would have been a problem back then too. We would be seeing stuff all about how other dubs changed his name and it would be well known trivia. I feel like it's probably something else.

Also they should totally bring back Chloe as like... a villain. Like an out of touch girlboss ceo like that one character from the fortune cookie episode of Rick and Morty.
It’s probably one of those “better safe than sorry” situations. It’s a different world than 2008, people are more aware about these sorts of things.

Top Bottom