• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Noipoi

Howdy!
Pokemon fans talking about how they haven't seen gameplay footage or whatever on Z-A and how it feels like forever and stuff.

good.
It’s funny because this is all standard procedure at this point. Pokemon game gets announced in February, we hear nothing about it until later in the summer. It’s been like this for years.

I know it’s been a long time but we’re just now reaching the point where we could realistically expect news.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokemon fans talking about how they haven't seen gameplay footage or whatever on Z-A and how it feels like forever and stuff.

good.
It’s November 2025 and I don’t know why they don’t get that lol. It’s been obvious for over a year that Gen 10 is 2026 for the 30th anniversary. The hiring makes they even more apparent. Yet Pokémon fans somehow thought the game was coming this year before reveal and like early 2025 at best.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It’s funny because this is all standard procedure at this point. Pokemon game gets announced in February, we hear nothing about it until later in the summer. It’s been like this for years.

I know it’s been a long time but we’re just now reaching the point where we could realistically expect news.
and tbh we may not hear news until later, we don't know when the game is coming out besides 2025.

Legends Arceus in February gave us some gameplay footage, as well as a time frame of "early 2025" in it's initial debut, so I would imagine Z-A comes out later than that.

Maybe the fall game now that they see the Legends games are the most popular ones in the HD era.

Noipoi

Howdy!
and tbh we may not hear news until later, we don't know when the game is coming out besides 2025.

Legends Arceus in February gave us some gameplay footage, as well as a time frame of "early 2025" in it's initial debut, so I would imagine Z-A comes out later than that.

Maybe the fall game now that they see the Legends games are the most popular ones in the HD era.
A spring release always made sense to me, specifically around April-May if the next system drops in March.

But I certainly wouldn’t say no to a fall release. The more dev time the better.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Either a frog or a toad (there's apparently little to no scientific difference, most toads are just called that as a distinction because they have more warts or rougher skin than frogs) showed up in my neighborhood last year, despite a lack of any large bodies of natural water in the area. For that very same reason, as well as the fact that I'd never seen any in the neighborhood before, it's sudden appearance was a shock.

We never saw or managed to spot it again after a month or two, but we could still hear it croaking for several months outside the house afterwards. If it's still out there somewhere, I hope it's doing alright.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Boomerang streaming service is shutting down on September 30.

Content will be moved over to Max.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Athena P just dropped her Miss Spider lore video, and with that, a new video schedule, which is one of the most stacked I've seen yet
1722540598016.png

Y'all know how much I love Wild Kratts but honestly seeing her lose her mind over Descendants will be amazing fun

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
holy **** Batman: Caped Crusader is peak as ****

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
cachedImage.jpg

Happy Spider-Man Day (look at all these projects and agree that Spectacular Spider-Man is forever the best thing God has allowed us to have for a bit)
  1. Spectacular Spider-Man
  2. Spider-Man 94
  3. Insomniac Spider-Man

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's August and there's a really good chance Pokémon Presents is around the corner!
It could be pretty darn soon. For the last two years it’s been within the first 10 days of August. August 3rd in 2022, August 8th in 2023.

I think they have them so early so they don’t clash with Worlds. There was an August presents in 2021 too, but that one was later in the month on the 18th. Likely because there was no PWC that year due to Covid shenanigans.

Basically, keep an eye out for this week.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!

What do you all think of this?
It's cool I guess though I hope it's priced appropriately for a rom dump. TBH I thought some of the games were already on NSO so switch players have the potential of double dipping (if that's true and I'm not misremembering).

TBH I'm kind of disappointed it's not a remake collection like what Crash got.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Gonna beat Persona 4 tomorrow, I'm in the final dungeon now. I have completed every social link in the game.

Also I accidentally got the ending that happens when you don't do the optional final dungeon and I think I can safely add this game to my list of games that made me cry

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
A spring release always made sense to me, specifically around April-May if the next system drops in March.

But I certainly wouldn’t say no to a fall release. The more dev time the better.
So double-quote but it just hit me that it makes perfect sense for Z-A to be a fall release because of the Switch 2. I can't think of another Nintendo franchise that gets systems moving off shelves like that, especially during the holiday season.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
It’s just not our time yet man, we’re still too young.

Our generation needs at least 30% more back pain and divorces before we can get retro throwbacks to the mid 2000s.
The only stuff like that I would want are like... the Nicktoons Unite Collection or a remastered collection of all the Ben 10 games or The Legend of Spyro Trilogy... what iconic games even came out in the 2000s that aren't already available on modern platforms?

Noipoi

Howdy!
The only stuff like that I would want are like... the Nicktoons Unite Collection or a remastered collection of all the Ben 10 games or The Legend of Spyro Trilogy... what iconic games even came out in the 2000s that aren't already available on modern platforms?
She never played the Mind Goblin games

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That rat was too influential on my childhood
Yeah, but the Flapjack shorts were my jam because I was a huge Flapjack fan as a kid.

Which also reminded me that I was the only person that I know of that actually liked that show. My sisters hated it, my friends hated it, my parents couldn't stand it, my dad especially since I imitated Flapjack in public.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah, but the Flapjack shorts were my jam because I was a huge Flapjack fan as a kid.

Which also reminded me that I was the only person that I know of that actually liked that show. My sisters hated it, my friends hated it, my parents couldn't stand it, my dad especially since I imitated Flapjack in public.
Well they were wrong, that show was radical.

And basically the primordial ooze for some of the most beloved kids cartoons today. Gravity Falls for example, Alex Hirsch worked on Flapjack first.

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
big Miku news! News 39!

Miku is getting a V6 AI voicebank (as a new version of Miku NT, I think (or at least NT is being updated too), and I assume the AI is like whatever SynthV uses for Teto and some others, which seems more like a helpful tool and not the unethical generative AI).

They’re also releasing a “Super Pack” that includes newly tuned, base Japanese voicebanks for Miku and the other Piapro characters (Rin, Len, Luka, Meiko and Kaito) for Piapro Studio.

The Super Pack’s price is VERY cheap compared to how each character would cost separately (though it’s still around $150), but it is just the base Japanese vocals (so no extra voicebanks/voice styles like “Sweet”, “Dark”, etc., and no English). Still sounds nice for beginners I guess, plus it’s a more affordable option if you want multiple characters.

Cool to see Crypton is making a new Vocaloid voicebank for Miku. From what I’ve read, they decided to stop making Vocaloid products so they could work on their own engine, which I guess Miku NT might use. Apparently, Yamaha was also too restrictive, to the point where any updates to voicebanks had to be released as new products. Now I’m wondering if it’s really that cool afterall ._. Maybe all will be good!

I really hope Miku V6 comes with a new version of Piapro Studio, I don’t wanna have to buy Vocaloid separately that’s just too much xD

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well they were wrong, that show was radical.

And basically the primordial ooze for some of the most beloved kids cartoons today. Gravity Falls for example, Alex Hirsch worked on Flapjack first.
Didn't know that.

I did know that JG Quintel, aka the creator of Regular Show, worked on Flapjack too.

Another show my parents hated and I was also banned from watching that show

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Maybe in ten years we'll get revivals of series that I enjoyed as a kid.

Curse you Millenials.
I feel you on this.

I'm still waiting on that Jak and Daxter revival, but of all the platformer franchises it and Sly seem to be the platformer series the world is dead-set on ignoring the existence of. Which annoys me heavily considering how Ratchet and Clank is such a money cow for Sony, even without my personal feelings towards the games.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I feel you on this.

I'm still waiting on that Jak and Daxter revival, but of all the platformer franchises it and Sly seem to be the platformer series the world is dead-set on ignoring the existence of. Which annoys me heavily considering how Ratchet and Clank is such a money cow for Sony, even without my personal feelings towards the games.
I mean hey, you get rumors for a Sly revival every 3 months.

That's gotta be something

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Bruh my luck in Persona is ridiculous, I Mudo-ed a boss and got rewarded with Mamudo on Pisaca and then got Mudo Boost and Hama Boost cards, I'm already kinda overlevelled but I kinda wanna see how far I can carry this luck
Insane!

Is this P3 or its remake?

Top Bottom