• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Ok so I have avoided Xenoblade 3 for a long ass time because I managed to mute it on twitter as thoroughly as humanly possible, but I've been informed about the backstory of this thing

View attachment 393171

Takahashi's writing for women is fascinating
If it helps it's never directly mentioned in game as far as I know, only in an artbook.

That might make it worse actually.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The sword is someone’s dead wife, isn’t it?
Oh boy!
Fiora from Xenoblade 1's soul is in that blade, so that sword is her. She got turned into a nonhuman thing for a man, objectified, if you will. The sword ends up being thrown in a river
If it help's it's never directly mentioned in game as far as I know, only in an artbook.

That might make it worse actually.
It makes it significantly funnier tbh. Like someone went "No Takahashi-san, we gave you a free pass on the race faking woman and the implications of adult looking women having babies with a 15 year old boy but we're not letting you do this"

Shroob

Sup?
Oh boy!
Fiora from Xenoblade 1's soul is in that blade, so that sword is her. She got turned into a nonhuman thing for a man, objectified, if you will. The sword ends up being thrown in a river

It makes it significantly funnier tbh. Like someone went "No Takahashi-san, we gave you a free pass on the race faking woman and the implications of adult looking women having babies with a 15 year old boy but we're not letting you do this"
I can't believe she really did make a splash.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh boy!
I’m not really a Xenoblade guy but isn’t she a fan favorite character?

Even if she’s not, she was obviously an important character in the first game. It just seems kinda disrespectful.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Ok so I have avoided Xenoblade 3 for a long ass time because I managed to mute it on twitter as thoroughly as humanly possible, but I've been informed about the backstory of this thing

View attachment 393171

Takahashi's writing for women is fascinating
Meanwhile:
1722817058083.png

I'll take a lack of self awareness for $2000, Alex.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I recently was watching a TV with bad audio sync issues and now I've been expecting such while I've been watching YouTube on my PC.

oof

KillerCage

Smash Master
I feel stupid for not realizing there's a tropical storm/hurricane down in Florida.
There would explain why I've been getting so many thunderstorms in North Carolina.

Shroob

Sup?
So if this was in an artbook and the scans are on the internet

Does this mean this is

Sword Art
Online?
As someone who knows literally nothing about SAO

I got a friend who loves it
And a friend that hates it

And one that hates the main series but loves the spin off series

As you can guess, I have no strong opinion one way or another due to sheer confusion.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

As you can guess, I have no strong opinion one way or another due to sheer confusion.
The most interesting thing to me about it is that it indirectly introduced some of my friends to Guilty Gear music cause of a popular Abridged series

cashregister9

Smash Hero

That **** dropped for me in Middle school, So I remember it being ridiculously popular and loved for a moment, and then immediately becoming a laughing stock and punching bag as soon as Attack On Titan dropped.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Already hoping Five Laps at Freddy's gets DLC even though the full roster hasn't been announced yet just because I like too many of the FNAF characters and want to race as more of them.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Speaking of FNAF, Dawko did another interview with Scott Cawthon. And apparently he finally talked about what’s in the box.

The box. From FNAF 4.

He forgot.

I’m not even kidding. He straight up said that it’s been so long since then and the story he was setting up has changed in so many ways, that while he definitely had a concept of what was in there, he can no longer recall exactly what it was meant to be.

He forgor 💀

Honestly for as silly as this is, I’m not even mad about it. At least he’s straight up about it instead of just going “I’ll never tell 😏“ for another decade.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Oh boy!
This somehow feels worse (or more offensive, or stupider) than the whole "wife-arm" thing from the Bionic Commando reboot. (though I haven't played much of Xenoblade 2 or 3, let alone their DLC, so I'm not sure when this appears or what the context is)

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Careful Snake

This is how we get Fnaf world 2
Don't threaten me with a good time!
Oh boy.

Megaman 9's gonna be a trip if that's the one with Jewel Man's stage.
I've already played these games before btw. When I get to X those will be new experiences. But Classic? This is my second time. And yes, Jewel Man is 9.

Shroob

Sup?
Don't threaten me with a good time!

I've already played these games before btw. When I get to X those will be new experiences. But Classic? This is my second time. And yes, Jewel Man is 9.
I remember Jewel Man's stage giving me a hard time, and I'm someone who considers themselves pretty good at Megaman due to the whole swinging platform and spike combo.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also the Gas Passer buff bug fix is kinda cracked in theory. Though it takes a minute or 750 damage to recharge, with the Neon Annihilator it can does 156 on crit + afterburn damage, so the gas passer fills up fast af and deals insane damage. So someone who's skilled can kinda use a poor mans jarate-bushwhacka on Pyro (which can recharge much faster with good usage).

Only issue is using the gas passer which spawns on empty.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I remember Jewel Man's stage giving me a hard time, and I'm someone who considers themselves pretty good at Megaman due to the whole swinging platform and spike combo.
I don't remember anything in 9 or 10 being particularly hard. 7 and 8 had some bs in them but 9 and 10 no problem.

Also I forgot. I'm also gonna be playing Mega Man & Bass for the first time too. But I'm playing an emulated fan translation of the SNES version and I'm hacking/game genie coding it up the wazoo so I can actually have a good time.

Shroob

Sup?
Also the Gas Passer buff bug fix is kinda cracked in theory. Though it takes a minute or 750 damage to recharge, with the Neon Annihilator it can does 156 on crit + afterburn damage, so the gas passer fills up fast af and deals insane damage. So someone who's skilled can kinda use a poor mans jarate-bushwhacka on Pyro (which can recharge much faster with good usage).

Only issue is using the gas passer which spawns on empty.
Tho, tbf, Pyro already kinda had a poor man's Jarate+Bushwhacka in Any Fire+Axetingusher.

Top Bottom