• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You know, I thought I consumed every aspect of the Madagascar franchise, but I’ve never played any of the video games. Like this post if you think I should correct that.
You want to play licensed games?

Emio's a new Famicom Detective game

Out on August 29
And now nobody will support Emio because it’s… it’s…

:sick: ANIME :sick:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Nah we'll have people hype up Emio vs Ayumi, the most nothingburger character I've seen get hyped up since Toad, only people actually played Toad's games when hyping him up.

Me being cynical aside, I hope this game's at least good, the FDC remakes were quite middling, felt like the novelty was the most exciting thing about it, this could change that

Dukefire

Smash Master
TBH, I can't stick with visual novels since it is more reading and getting into the story. I'm more of an into the action kind of gamer.
Screenshot_20240622_223437_YouTube.jpg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You want to play licensed games?

Why not? My childhood was almost nothing but licensed games. They can be great fun!

Also I will support Emio. I loved the Famicom detective club remakes and the ending of The Missing Heir legit freaked me out when I saw it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
TBH, I can't stick with visual novels since it is more reading and getting into the story. I'm more of an into the action kind of gamer.
View attachment 392527
I used to have the same mindset but I recommend trying something new, if you told me like 10 years ago some of the most meaningful games to me were just Powerpoint presentations with zero gameplay I'd assume you were insane. Wait for the Ace Attorney trilogy to go on sale or something
Emio isn’t an epic Nintendo mascot horror content farm game
It’s just a stinky visual novel

View attachment 392528
No dude you don't get it, now you can get the epic secret lore by examining random windows or asjing Ayumi why she says she can wield a naginata when she doesn't do jack ****

osby

Smash Obsessed
I used to have the same mindset but I recommend trying something new, if you told me like 10 years ago some of the most meaningful games to me were just Powerpoint presentations with zero gameplay I'd assume you were insane. Wait for the Ace Attorney trilogy to go on sale or something
If we're being technical, the Famicom Detective Club series are adventure games rather than just visual/kinetic novels. I feel like those would be a lot harder to sell to Nintendo fans.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If we're being technical, the Famicom Detective Club series are adventure games rather than just visual/kinetic novels. I feel like those would be a lot harder to sell to Nintendo fans.
They're worse Ace Attorney games, the Tower of Druaga to VN's Zelda 1. I feel it's a fair recommendation

Also your avi looks like Ben 10 which is throwing me off

osby

Smash Obsessed
They're worse Ace Attorney games, the Tower of Druaga to VN's Zelda 1. I feel it's a fair recommendation

Also your avi looks like Ben 10 which is throwing me off
Thanks, now you're making me imagine a crossover between Ben 10 and Tiger & Bunny and it's amazing.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ok those games were great! Don’t slander them just because they don’t have a sexy lawyer in them.
Worse than Ace Attorney is hardly slander. The FDC remakes are just mid to me and every other VN I've played besides Danganronpa 1 and 2 were better. They are also objectively better on account of costing less than 60 bucks because Nintendo hates putting games on sales

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Emio's a new Famicom Detective game

Out on August 29
Awesome. It's especially interesting that we're getting a physical release overseas unlike the remakes of the first two games. Hopefully it'll have enough meat to it to be worth that price tag.

I still need to finish the first two games. I downloaded them day one, but they've been in my backlog ever since. I also can't watch GameCenter CX anymore until I finish the first game so I don't have the plot spoiled for me.

Top Bottom