• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Dukefire

Smash Master
While waiting for splatoon 3 tomorrow, there are now gameplay video about the single player campaign. Those people with early access......just a warning for those that are roaming online. Beware of SPOILERS.........
This image is from the world premiere prior to the splatfest
2022082600045200-96841E1AA566AB97AB99D428D3EB9FF9.jpg

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's not so much that I want the game to be outright hard, just challenging enough that I don't get bored on my first playthrough. Make me use at leaat 2% of my brain power and reward me for actually using status moves.

I think these games could probably afford to be a little tougher then usual, since you could always just go around an obstacle or use auto battle. But I also understand the folks at Gamefreak might have other ideas.
Difficulty doesn't bother me that much as compared to Game Freak acting dumb. It really bummed me out when went back to Black 2 for the first time since it came out last year and found out I don't get to keep Hard Mode when I start a new game.

It still blows my mind of how dumb of a game design decision it was. Beat Normal to unlock Easy. You can unlock Hard mode, but it doesn't carry over to new playthroughs. Also you have to have a friend who's already beaten the version of the specific game that unlocks the feature to unlock it in yours without beating the entire game already.

While not a substitute for a proper mode, I think USUM had a decent approach with certain battles featuring Pokemon with extra buffs. Given SV appears to be more open world than any other previous game, I'm cautiously optimistic we'll be able to see some challenge or at least some difficulty spikes. The Path of Legends story already sounds like it'll be borrowing from Gen 7's Totem Pokemon.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Just finished watching the live-action adaption of Pinocchio on Disney+:

I'm actually quite divided on Rob Zemeckis' take on the live action adaption version of Pinocchio. Whilst I did enjoy the soundtrack and some parts of the scenes which were the highlights, it just felt like a completely rushed product that did not have enough time and opportunity to shine especially with the ending which will leave a lot of people scratching their heads.

Overall, it is a real disappointment that even though Zemeckis' take could have had been something more that only ended with a lot more left to be desired.

Rating: 5.5/10

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Beat Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes last night, I did the Golden Wildfire route.

In many ways I actually prefer this game to three houses, it fixes a lot of my major problems with Three Houses. I am a sucker for Dynasty Warriors so it the main gameplay is not for everyone. I do have some problems mainly with the story.

Now that Fire emblem is out of the way I cannot wait for friday

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Berserk Chapter 369 has come out and all the good things in the astral world have disappeared including Puck because of Griffith.

I hate Griffith.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
BBC website has changed its color to Black, BBC staff are now dressed in all black attire, and BBC One has cancelled its regular programming until 6pm.

I think Operation London Bridge may be in effect.

Of course the Queen could recover but I have a bad feeling about this…

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I made the Queen of England joke when that fake news site came out with it, I got **** on, but now the Queen of England is actually dying and now people are making the same Megamind joke and got clout?

Actual racism smh.
People man.

They'll try to make anything to meme, joke or humor about...

So disrespectful.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
When i'm in a terrible decision making contest and my opponent is Blizzard

Extra Context: For all of overwatch 1, all heroes were given to all players when they released.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
When i'm in a terrible decision making contest and my opponent is Blizzard

Extra Context: For all of overwatch 1, all heroes were given to all players when they released.
This seems like such a terrible idea, especially when compared to how Overwatch handled it. While I was glad to see them adding some single player content and developing the story, it feels like everything I hear about Overwatch 2 makes it sound worse and worse. (or at least it makes me question why Overwatch needed a sequel when it's already a fully-priced game with the lootbox mechanics of a free-to-play game)

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

cashregister9

Smash Hero
This seems like such a terrible idea, especially when compared to how Overwatch handled it. While I was glad to see them adding some single player content and developing the story, it feels like everything I hear about Overwatch 2 makes it sound worse and worse. (or at least it makes me question why Overwatch needed a sequel when it's already a fully-priced game with the lootbox mechanics of a free-to-play game)
The worst part about this is when I played the OW2 Beta, I had way more fun playing than I did during 1. but for every great change there are 2 weird ones, like The removal of Lootboxes is great, but then they add a premium currency and the coins you get in Overwatch 1 are not that currency.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The British Government spending money on ensuring there's enough energy for the winter so people don't freeze to death:

The British Government spending money on the Queen's funeral and the coronation of the next product of incest

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The British Government spending money on ensuring there's enough energy for the winter so people don't freeze to death:

The British Government spending money on the Queen's funeral and the coronation of the next product of incest
Honestly though they can save the money on the funeral by getting close to the Lizard and loudly saying "Well, I suppose we must return the jewelry to Africa now" to instantly ressurect her from the dead

Noipoi

Howdy!
Personal opinions on the Queen aside-

The chick is 96. Humans don't live forever.

Yes it's always sad to lose someone (most of the time) but she's reached the end of her natural lifespan. This isn't a terrible tragedy, it's the circle of life.

The real tragedy is how much money they're gonna blow on her funeral.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Personal opinions on the Queen aside-

The chick is 96. Humans don't live forever.

Yes it's always sad to lose someone (most of the time) but she's reached the end of her natural lifespan. This isn't a terrible tragedy, it's the circle of life.

The real tragedy is how much money they're gonna blow on her funeral.
Who is gonna return all that stuff england stole from other countries now D:

No really, when are they returning all that stuff

Last edited:
Top Bottom