• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Oh I do. I wasn’t even trying to defend her or her actions. Never was. I was just saying it is rude to joke about someone’s death.

Not that I saw you doing that in particular, but…

I do understand there were gripes, if that is even the right word.
That's how it is.

That and personally I just feel indifferent about it despite being from one of the parts of the UK.
London and the monarchy is on a different island. I feel more connected to the Republic for reasons I'm not gonna get into. You really have to understand for me that Northern Ireland is such a different beast from the rest of the UK.

I hope you understand.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That's how it is.

That and personally I just feel indifferent about it despite being from one of the parts of the UK.
London and the monarchy is on a different island. I feel more connected to the Republic for reasons I'm not gonna get into. You really have to understand for me that Northern Ireland is such a different beast from the rest of the UK.

I hope you understand.
Trust me, I do. Very much.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
2 things:

Anyways who's getting Splat 3 tomorrow?
Got the game preordered and preinstalled on my Switch so I’m ready!
Just hope my Inkling amiibo from 2015 still has a purpose…

2. Regarding the news, saying it’s small would be an understatement. That said, try to remember the fellow user. If you don’t wish to mourn then you do not have to, but remember there are users here who may wish to mourn and some of the things being posted here may draw some lines.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I'm fully aware of the s***** things the UK gov't has done throughout history. Just seems that dancing and celebrating at someone's death when their body isn't even cold seems like something I'd expect more from Twitter or 4chan than here. Perhaps, silence is the best route if you don't have something nice to say.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
2 things:

Got the game preordered and preinstalled on my Switch so I’m ready!
Just hope my Inkling amiibo from 2015 still has a purpose…

2. Regarding the news, saying it’s small would be an understatement. That said, try to remember the fellow user. If you don’t wish to mourn then you do not have to, but remember there are users here who may wish to mourn and some of the things being posted here may draw some lines.
You know I see a lot of people getting defensive over people making jokes about this but no one seems to actually be mourning her

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
You know I see a lot of people getting defensive over people making jokes about this but no one seems to actually be mourning her
Yeah I’ll concede I haven’t seen much mourning.
I know there probably is at least one user who might be mourning so I’m saying it just in case.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm fully aware of the s***** things the UK gov't has done throughout history. Just seems that dancing and celebrating at someone's death when their body isn't even cold seems like something I'd expect more from Twitter or 4chan than here. Perhaps, silence is the best route if you don't have something nice to say.
There's a difference?

Bottom meme

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Yeah I’ll concede I haven’t seen much mourning.
I know there probably is at least one user who might be mourning so I’m saying it just in case.
Maybe people are afraid to mourn her publicly (on this site) since there seem to be so many jokes and memes.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Don't worry guys we're not talking politics, we're talking about people who want dogs dead

Dogs who have access to better food than like half the country, but I thought you Americans were googoo gaga over dogs

Shroob

Sup?
Maybe people are afraid to mourn her publicly (on this site) since there seem to be so many jokes and memes.
It's definitely sad when someone dies

But I think there's several layers of disconnect to be honest

Between a good chunk of this site being based in America
And a lot of people being aware and disdainful towards the royal family's prior actions

I can get why a lot of people are either neutral to downright happy about it.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Miss me with all the royal defence force bull****, thanks

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's definitely sad when someone dies

But I think there's several layers of disconnect to be honest

Between a good chunk of this site being based in America
And a lot of people being aware and disdainful towards the royal family's prior actions

I can get why a lot of people are either neutral to downright happy about it.
Basically cis white people and minorities see the world way differently and on days like this it'll show

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I can't speak for the bri'ish but if ny country's prime minister died (well he's not PM right now technically but I think he has a high chance of being re-elected again) I would actually celebrate

FazDude

Smash Master
Incomplete(?) list of amiibo unlockables, click at your own risk.

But if nothing else, every Splatoon amiibo should be compatible with the picture mode that as shown in the Direct, I think?
Is it me, or do the character models look a bit different from Splatoon 2? Can't quite put my finger on what's off, though.

also why are you robbing us of the full pearl/marina outfits nintendo

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is it me, or do the character models look a bit different from Splatoon 2? Can't quite put my finger on what's off, though.

also why are you robbing us of the full pearl/marina outfits nintendo
That's because the Squid Kids turned into Squid Teens. By Splatoon 4 they'll have turned into adults and be forced to partake in society. No but seriously, the characters in Splatoon 3 are taller and lankier.

Shroob

Sup?
A certain Vtuber bought a monkey as a pet

Why would anyone buy a monkey as a pet

Having a monkey sounds like a horrible thing to have as a pet

Top Bottom