• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sonic 3 will be radical and I hope it does well, but there’s no way it’s beating Mufasa. The Lion King remake made over a billion dollars.
There’s always the chance in an unexpected box office bomb with Disney with how things be for the mouse house

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Welcome back to another MightyP rants, this time I rant about antivirus software.

Why are they so invasive. Why do they do random scans at the most inconvenient at times and pop up that you have 100+ issues, meanwhile the issues are all minor or not issues at all. Or better yet, you have to pay to see what the issues are so you'll never know what's wrong until you pony up an absurd price. I'm also convinced they're also some form of malware or spyware cause some of them cause the PC to chug harder than frat boy slamming a beer. I don't even think I faced a virus yet, them things are useless.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Welcome back to another MightyP rants, this time I rant about antivirus software.

Why are they so invasive. Why do they do random scans at the most inconvenient at times and pop up that you have 100+ issues, meanwhile the issues are all minor or not issues at all. Or better yet, you have to pay to see what the issues are so you'll never know what's wrong until you pony up an absurd price. I'm also convinced they're also some form of malware or spyware cause some of them cause the PC to chug harder than frat boy slamming a beer. I don't even think I faced a virus yet, them things are useless.
Honestly I'm half convinced they make their money by making up problems that don't exist, cause I've had wayyy more false positives in general then actual viruses - typically actual malware only shows up on your pc if you're doing some really stupid **** in very specific corners of the internet and (ideally) you should already know what you're doing if you're in those corners of the internet

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I don't know what antivirus software you have but the good ones shouldn't take up that many resources and would have some way for you to schedule the regular scans.

I also don't really know what you use your computer for aside from this website but I'd say it's better to have antivirus software and not come across any viruses than to not run the software and risk coming across one.
Honestly I'm half convinced they make their money by making up problems that don't exist, cause I've had wayyy more false positives in general then actual viruses - typically actual malware only shows up on your pc if you're doing some really stupid **** in very specific corners of the internet and (ideally) you should already know what you're doing if you're in those corners of the internet
As someone who doesn't use their computer for really stupid **** in very specific corners of the internet, I'd say it's still pretty easy to come across malware. Most of the ones my I've encountered or managed to avoid have been attached to regular software recommended by friends, work or even schools. It use to be almost impossible to download Chrome properly because there where a million different spoof websites that came up before Google's own website.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Hey Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester , have you gotten the chance to watch Ultraman Rising?
It seems to be your kind of movie as I just watched it on Netflix.
Personally it is on the high end of 2024 films I watched this year alongside The Fall Guy and Dune Part 2.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Childhood fever dream #348392901: These plushies
1718500079771.png

They were based on this series of art that took photos of dogs using a fisheye lens, giving the dog the illusion of having a big old snoot.

They're still really hypnotic to look at...

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Childhood fever dream #348392901: These plushies
View attachment 391086
They were based on this series of art that took photos of dogs using a fisheye lens, giving the dog the illusion of having a big old snoot.

They're still really hypnotic to look at...
bark text

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Rewatched Thor the Dark World

Still don't like this movie, So much of the movie is just confusing exposition, Somehow this movie is completely toneless as a result. I also think this is the peak of "MCU Visual sludge" every shot is either brown or gray and leaves no impression.

It is also a massive waste of Christopher Eccleston.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Smash Bros is trending on Twitter yet again.

Either people are still talking about the Horizon dev wanting Aloy in Smash or the news that Sakurai is close to ending his YouTube channel.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Thinking of how Silvagunner just edits video game soundtracks to make them either horrible or into memes, but for the Sonic Chronicles "rips", they just made them good. Like, actually listenable.

idk that's just funny to me.
I don't know, some of the remixes and medleys using the original song's instruments and soundfont's are pretty damn good.

Even ones that occasionally just throw in a meme only at the last second can still be surprisingly good.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Either people are still talking about the Horizon dev wanting Aloy in Smash or the news that Sakurai is close to ending his YouTube channel.
The latter maybe. The studios at Bandai Namco that worked on Smash just stopped hiring for some new projects so people are also jumping to conclusions at that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester , have you gotten the chance to watch Ultraman Rising?
It seems to be your kind of movie as I just watched it on Netflix.
Personally it is on the high end of 2024 films I watched this year alongside The Fall Guy and Dune Part 2.
No I have not. I've been also wanting to get around to watching the original Ultraman which I got the complete series of but haven't gotten around to it yet since I'm busy with other movies and shows I'm watching.

Is seeing the original series to get an idea of the movie required?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm finally on the final chapter of TTYD. Prepped myself with loads of Whacka Bumps, Ultra Jellies and Life Shrooms as well as loaded myself with BP to equip whatever badges I feel will be needed. Feel I'm gonna need them all for this.

So far I've died only twice, technically since first time I had a life shroom. Not bad at all.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I don't know what antivirus software you have but the good ones shouldn't take up that many resources and would have some way for you to schedule the regular scans.

I also don't really know what you use your computer for aside from this website but I'd say it's better to have antivirus software and not come across any viruses than to not run the software and risk coming across one.

As someone who doesn't use their computer for really stupid **** in very specific corners of the internet, I'd say it's still pretty easy to come across malware. Most of the ones my I've encountered or managed to avoid have been attached to regular software recommended by friends, work or even schools. It use to be almost impossible to download Chrome properly because there where a million different spoof websites that came up before Google's own website.
So it hit me that I never really answered this question, but it was McAfee I was mostly referring too. Just complete bloatware that doesn't even work aside from being a CPU guzzler.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
With the direct imminent, I'm seeing a lot of people thinking we could see something new for Donkey Kong. There's definitely some excitement in the air for DK.

I pity them. The poor fools.
I could see a DKC Returns re-release. I don't have much hope beyond that however

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Still don't like this movie, So much of the movie is just confusing exposition, Somehow this movie is completely toneless as a result. I also think this is the peak of "MCU Visual sludge" every shot is either brown or gray and leaves no impression.

I remember seeing it in theaters and forgetting the plot entirely within a week.

I think it had dark elves who wanted to cover the world in darkness or something.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I think it's really lame that modern and classic Sonic are separated so arbitrarily by Sega. I understand why they keep the classic aesthetic around and I do like that about it, I just wish they didn't restrict certain characters to only appearing in the classic games.

What I'm saying is please bring Mighty and Ray into the modern style games Sega

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Not a particularly great movie, but I did like the Viking Funeral scene and I thought the final battle with the location warping was amusing.

I feel it's more forgettable than outright bad. If we get some sort of soft reset after Secret Wars, I'd love to see Asgard again.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Never thought I'd unironically see online moral panic over the newest SMT title but man I've seen way too many people get all moral panicked over funny difficult demon game.
Its funny cause most of atluses games drawn a lot from mythos and that informs the minor details to a degree

Or they go bat**** crazy with symbolism(holding a gun to your head unafraid of death, fog obscuring the truth, a mental world where everyone is in a metaphorical jail, chained to their lack of want to think for themselves, etc)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
e8e2605e-dc9c-42dc-b4d2-fd256960e972.sized-1000x1000.jpeg

The Cicadas have hit Virginia Beach

I think they are ragging on the smash player Coney for saying Sonic Adventure is bad then admitting he mostly got Es and one C in the levels with people saying" smash bros players are never besting the "cant play other games" alligations

Last edited:
Top Bottom