• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Jesus **** TTYD's final boss was obnoxious. It isn't even a skill issue, I managed to superguard succesfully in it but it was also the only part of the game that got me to see the game over screen. I see there's some stuff there that makes sense as to why people like it but I don't get the whole 'one of the best RPGs you will play in your life' part I was told constantly, especially because I know one of the biggest issues I had with the game, how much it likes to waste your time, is a thing in Super Paper Mario and Sticker Star.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Inside Out 2 already crossed $110m globally.
The lesson Disney should take from this: “If we make good movies (and don’t just shove them on Disney+) they will be successful.

The lesson Disney will take from this: “Original ideas don’t make money, sequels make money.”

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I watched my cat spectacularly fail at climbing my back when it was turned to him, then fall on my table where the can I sprite I just opened got knocked over and spilled all over the top of my phone.

If this was a smartphone from ten years ago I would’ve been cooked :thedorf:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also Luigi was their for Mario’s greatest battle and the last one o needed before 100%
IMG_0800.jpeg

perfect ending to the game!

Noipoi

Howdy!
wtf can I do.
A lot more than you probably realize. The mind has a funny way of playing tricks on you, making you only see the negative.
I cant draw
Most people can’t. Hell I’ve been drawing for years and I still don’t think I’m that good. And for the record I think your art is really cute.
im not rich
Most people aren’t and will never be. There’s no shame in that.
only thing I can do is origami
And that’s a really cool skill to have!
and thats not making me money
I know how hard it is, trust me. I hate that so many people have to struggle financially just to survive. There’s a real possibility that my family might have to find a new home if the money doesn’t start looking up soon. So trust me, I get it.

But your value isn’t tied to how much money you’re making. It’s wonderful to have a hobby you can profit off of, but even if you can’t you still have that hobby.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Halfway through the year now. I'm gonna make a prediction for the top ten highest grossing films for when this year ends. This is only Hollywood films.

Deadpool & Wolverine
Despicable Me 4
Dune: Part Two
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Inside Out 2
Joker: Folie a Deux
Kung Fu Panda 4
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
The Garfield Movie
Venom: The Last Dance

Honorable Mentions: Bad Boys: Ride or Die, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

I would've put Mufasa: The Lion King and Moana 2 on there but given Disney's track record lately, I doubting they'll do well. Can't wait for Sonic 3 to destroy the former in the box office. Ha ha!

Edit: I find it hilarious all the potential movies are might be sequels. In fact 2024 is the Year of Sequels.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

I would've put Mufasa: The Lion King and Moana 2 on there but given Disney's track record lately, I doubting they'll do well. Can't wait for Sonic 3 to destroy the former in the box office. Ha ha!
Sonic 3 will be radical and I hope it does well, but there’s no way it’s beating Mufasa. The Lion King remake made over a billion dollars.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sonic 3 will be radical and I hope it does well, but there’s no way it’s beating Mufasa. The Lion King remake made over a billion dollars.
Bro again look at the current track record with Disney both animated and live-action remakes, they've been performing poorly.

Mulan (2020), Pinocchio (2022), Peter Pan & Wendy (2023), The Little Mermaid (2023). All badly received or bombed/underperformed. An clear indicator folks are getting tired of these lifeless live-action cash grabs.

And if we look at their animated films. Raya and the Last Dragon, Encanto, Strange World, Wish, all underperformed.

Also living in different times. Lion King (2019) was pre-COVID.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Halfway through the year now. I'm gonna make a prediction for the top ten highest grossing films for when this year ends. This is only Hollywood films.

Deadpool & Wolverine
Despicable Me 4
Dune: Part Two
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Inside Out 2
Joker: Folie a Deux
Kung Fu Panda 4
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
The Garfield Movie
Venom: The Last Dance

Edit: I find it hilarious all the potential movies are might be sequels. In fact 2024 is the Year of Sequels.
How could you leave out the movie that people are kraven the most?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
For when I finally get to the end of the game and face the Shadow Queen. I'll have plenty of whacka bumps, two ultra jellies and get the Pretty Lucky badge to be ready for the grand showdown. Also the badges that gives me HP.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
For real. Does anyone even see any hype revolving around Mufasa: The Lion King?

Hype is clearly being shown with Sonic 3 but I've yet to seen any with Mufasa: The Lion King. And again if you look at Disney's track record lately, you'll see even their animated films have been underperforming as of late. The fact their live-action films are underperforming is showing how tired folks are of these lifeless carbon copy of films.

Disney hasn't been doing good as of late and it says a lot when Pixar is getting their **** together.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Hype is clearly being shown with Sonic 3 but I've yet to seen any with Mufasa: The Lion King. And again if you look at Disney's track record lately, you'll see even their animated films have been underperforming as of late. The fact their live-action films are underperforming is showing how tired folks are of these lifeless carbon copy of films.

Disney hasn't been doing good as of late and it says a lot when Pixar is getting their **** together.
Inside Out 2 is doing pretty good rn.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Inside Out 2 is doing pretty good rn.
That's Pixar (Which yes I know is under Disney). I'm talking about Disney itself in general in terms of their animated movies and live-action films. Look at their previous films and you'll see how poorly they've done.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero

I assume most people who watch these Disney remakes usually don't actively get excited over them online, they're casual moviegoers who like Disney. So it's only natural we don't see them online

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I assume most people who watch these Disney remakes usually don't actively get excited over them online, they're casual moviegoers who like Disney. So it's only natural we don't see them online
And on the inverse, you're seeing more hype for Sonic 3 since you're in gamer/nerd communities. Like yeah we're gonna be hyped.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Fanfic idea: It's a normal day in the Hazbin Hotel, when suddenly, this happens
thank you Charlie very cool.png

"Some people are just nasty and will never change no matter what. It's a part of life - some people are just rotten to the core. It's best to understand that rather than open up your trust to them." - a PBS Kids show in an episode about hippos

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Calling it now. All 4 of these chicks are gonna have an ancestor/descendant/whatever in Z-A and most people will have no idea who they're related to.
I’ll be very surprised if there is not a sidequest where we form the chateau or Maison concept with their ancestors, and then can fight 4 of them back to back. Or maybe there would be more of a facility to it.

Top Bottom