• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Google translate says "Where is Rendai?" but I don't have confidence on the word rendai.

But if Pyoro is talking now, then the Direct is indeed close.
Japan likes to shortens words to a combination of the first few letters, Nindai would be Nintendo and Dairekuto, Direct

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Just asking, what is your opinion about Aloy from Horizon Zero joining Smash Bros? Althrough it is currently a wish from the creator, you cannot deny it's everyone's wish wanting to see their character in the Gaming Hall of Fame.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Just asking, what is your opinion about Aloy from Horizon Zero joining Smash Bros? Althrough it is currently a wish from the creator, you cannot deny it's everyone's wish wanting to see their character in the Gaming Hall of Fame.
I don't have any experiences with those games despite the sequel coming with my ps5 for free lmao. Never touched it, first game I did on that thing was Symphony of the Night

Jondolio

Smash Hero
No real opinion on it. Never played the games

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I personally can't provide an honest answer as my knowledge on her series is nonexistent.

But you're right, getting your character into Smash is basically free advertising it only makes sense one would say that.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
With the direct imminent, I'm seeing a lot of people thinking we could see something new for Donkey Kong. There's definitely some excitement in the air for DK.

I pity them. The poor fools.
It would make sense to hype up the DK park by making a new game.

Also in the topic of the direct, it’s being rumored Square Enix will announce live a live 2 which would be peak. Loved the first game.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I have Mania and Frontiers. I put a lot of hours into Mania but I don't think I completed it

I also played the genesis trilogy, CD, Adventure DX (the apparently ****ty PC port, though it's still a very important game to me), some of Adventure 2, Advance 1, some of Rush, and Generations (that was my first game, I plan on picking up the remaster)
So aside from these is there any Sonic game you guys would recommend I play? I'm definitely picking up Sonadow Generations when it comes out but I do wonder if there's any game I missed that's worth going back to

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pyoro's back

And he said "Nindai Doko"
There was a problem fetching the tweet
What does he mean by this?
Google translate says "Where is Rendai?" but I don't have confidence on the word rendai.

But if Pyoro is talking now, then the Direct is indeed close.
I presume that this is a joke and he’s using what comes across to non Japanese speakers, broken looking Japanese.

To poke fun at Midori pretending to be Japanese, while also teasing the direct this week.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also it’s seems a Pokémon presents is likely on the horizon. It was recently datamined that Dynamax and Gmax are coming to the game.

That’s something they 100% reveal in a presents with a little trailer like their mega evolutions one. So one is likely in the next month or two to reveal this feature and more updates. Likely that we get a tcg app update too, since they announced that game and haven’t shown us anything since

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So aside from these is there any Sonic game you guys would recommend I play? I'm definitely picking up Sonadow Generations when it comes out but I do wonder if there's any game I missed that's worth going back to
  • Sonic 1 and 2 8-bit (The Master System versions are the best way to play these if you can)
  • Heroes
  • Advance 3
  • Rush Adventure
  • Colors (If you're going Ultimate, I'd suggest any version other than Switch unless that's your only option)
  • Superstars (But not at full price)

And I don't think it's great or anything but Sonic 4: Episode 2 is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Heroes and Rush Adventure are pretty cool, I also have a major soft spot for Black Knight which fans agree has some of the best writing in the series

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Remind me which ones you played again?
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic CD
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2 (never finished it)
Sonic Advance 1
Sonic Rush (also haven't finished it but I do plan on coming back to it)
Sonic Generations
Sonic Mania
Sonic Frontiers (currently playing this one, probably gonna be done soon)

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
is 30 bucks a good price?

Also I have actually played both parts of Sonic 4 as a kid, I remember enjoying them at the time but I also had very little to compare them to
Half price isn't too bad.

I replayed the game a bunch so I personally got my money's worth out of it, but I guess it depends on whether or not you plan to do the same.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic CD
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2 (never finished it)
Sonic Advance 1
Sonic Rush (also haven't finished it but I do plan on coming back to it)
Sonic Generations
Sonic Manias
Sonic Frontiers (currently playing this one, probably gonna be done soon)
Ok.

• So finish Rush, and finish Adventure 2 first. Forewarning, endgame Adventure 2 is rouuuuuugh.
  • Advance 2 is neat, people are more mixed on Advance 3 but it has solid ideas.
  • Heroes is... ok.
  • Rush Adventure is like Sonic Rush but it's weaker in some aspects (ie the soundtrack) and it can get kinda grindy.
  • Unleashed is really good for half the game. The other half... well...
  • Colors is pretty good, the Wii Version is better iirc so whip out the emulator.
  • Speaking of, if you want to try a storybook series then do Black Knight. Imo it's really not that great if a game but it's better than the abomination of Secret Rings.
  • And lastly, Superstars. It's a solid classic game but the bosses are a chore and Trip's story reeks.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
  • So finish Rush, and finish Adventure 2 first. Forewarning, endgame Adventure 2 is rouuuuuugh.
I don't really see myself finishing Adventure 2. I would basically have to start all over since I haven't touched the game in years and it's on my other Steam account so I might have to buy it again if I don't remember the password. I basically know all of the plot details already so I don't think I'll really get much out of it
  • Advance 2 is neat, people are more mixed on Advance 3 but it has solid ideas.
I'm actually mixed on Advance 1 myself. I don't really remember the game all too well but it kind of left a bad taste in my mouth from what I can remember, my most vivid memory of it being the spike pit in the penultimate level

• Unleashed is really good for half the game. The other half... well...
See I would play this one but I don't know if PS3/360 emulation even works
  • Speaking of, if you want to try a storybook series then do Black Knight. Imo it's really not that great if a game but it's better than the abomination of Secret Rings.
Does this one have motion controls? cause emulating those sounds like it would be really awkward

• And lastly, Superstars. It's a solid classic but the bosses are a chore and Trip's story reeks.
I'm about to get this one off the eshop. I usually prefer having physical games in my collection but I don't think I'll find it for a decent price

Top Bottom