• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Leaked trailer for the Donkey Kong Country Movie.
(Don't be scared, I just posted this on Famiboards)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion HD Renovation is getting a physical release, almost ten years after the beta of the original version of the game was made early access.

Apparently, ti's also going to be shipped with the final major update for the PC and virtual copy versions of the game.

I've seen the trailer, and uhh, while some of the Specimen redesigns are actually great, there are others that are a bit questionable as monster designs compared to the originals. Mostly Specimens 5 and 11. 3's redesign is awesome, though.

Shroob

Sup?
Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion HD Renovation is getting a physical release, almost ten years after the beta of the original version of the game was made early access.

Apparently, ti's also going to be shipped with the final major update for the PC and virtual copy versions of the game.

I've seen the trailer, and uhh, while some of the Specimen redesigns are actually great, there are others that are a bit questionable as monster designs compared to the originals. Mostly Specimens 5 and 11. 3's redesign is awesome, though.
Did they get re-redesigned or are they the redesigns that have existed for awhile? I can't find any info.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Symbiote Spider-Man's alt colors. Pretty happy with these. I'll look at the new Shovel Knight stuff in a few minutes.
It is interesting to know that certain indie characters were inspired from their Triple A counterpart respectively.
Created by Nathan Silver on Twitter.
View attachment 390989
I feel like Shovel Knight is also basically Mega Man. Sonic also has Spark the Electric Jester too. Kai is VERY cool though. Then there's Peppino and Aton for Wario styled characters, and all sorts of Belmont and Samus Adjecent characters too.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_3302.jpeg
IMG_3303.jpeg

that’s a killer ****ing lineup for a first time go

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My mom and sister are watching Ellemental. Man.. Pixar just really wanted to show off all their cool Fire and Water animation techniques and then went with the first most obvious story idea they came up with.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Did they get re-redesigned or are they the redesigns that have existed for awhile? I can't find any info.
They got redesigned a second time. Including the original version of Specimen 10 which now has an actual 3D model and attack sequence before the real 10 shows up.

The thing is, 5's redesign makes the blank mannequin she inhabits incredibly skinny and takes away from most of her uncanny aspects, 11' s redesign gives it a physique more reminsicent of a Xenomorpoh or a DOOM enemy, and while 10's redesign is actually quite freaky on in it's own, it's new walk animation cycle...kinda makes it less intimidating.

So far, it looks like all of the original Specimens shown except 13 have been redesigned. 8's changes are minimal, only fleeting glimpses of 4's redesign were shown, 2 is skinnier but got some major animation overhauls, 6 looks grittier than before, Spooper and Otto the Otter got outright design improvements, the unnamed Cat in Specimen 7's room finally got a 3D model which thankfully doesn't change her original design at all (minus giving her a slight transparent effect) and the rest of the characters in the game haven't been shown yet and likely won't be until the final release

Reactions to most of the redesigns have been polarizing so far.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just got out of Inside Out 2.

I think it’s pretty damn good. Not quite as good as the first, but still very enjoyable. It has a solid message (though they could’ve done a slightly better job of conveying it) and a good emotional (heh) core. And their portrayal of anxiety in the form of Anxiety is really great, especially in the climax.

Overall, good movie. First time I haven’t been disappointed by a Disney product in about 3 years. I am flabbergasted.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
They got redesigned a second time. Including the original version of Specimen 10 which now has an actual 3D model and attack sequence before the real 10 shows up.

The thing is, 5's redesign makes the blank mannequin she inhabits incredibly skinny and takes away from most of her uncanny aspects, 11' s redesign gives it a physique more reminsicent of a Xenomorpoh or a DOOM enemy, and while 10's redesign is actually quite freaky on in it's own, it's new walk animation cycle...kinda makes it less intimidating.

So far, it looks like all of the original Specimens shown except 13 have been redesigned. 8's changes are minimal, only fleeting glimpses of 4's redesign were shown, 2 is skinnier but got some major animation overhauls, 6 looks grittier than before, Spooper and Otto the Otter got outright design improvements, the unnamed Cat in Specimen 7's room finally got a 3D model which thankfully doesn't change her original design at all (minus giving her a slight transparent effect) and the rest of the characters in the game haven't been shown yet and likely won't be until the final release

Reactions to most of the redesigns have been polarizing so far.
I legit cannot find them. Got a link?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I legit cannot find them. Got a link?
I don't think anything from any of the monster redesigns is NSFW, but just in case, Specimen 5 and 10's designs are still weird and instead of a video embed, here's just a link as you asked:

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I don't think anything from any of the monster redesigns is NSFW, but just in case, Specimen 5 and 10's designs are still weird and instead of a video embed, here's just a link as you asked:

Eh, they seem fine? Seems more like an artstyle change more than anything tbh.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Eh, they seem fine? Seems more like an artstyle change more than anything tbh.
Personally, I don't mind most of the changes myself. Most of them aren't different enough to matter, and the redesigns that I don't care for are far and few in between.

Also, I love what they did the original Specimen 10. they translated it's design into 3D perfectly and now it actually serves as a threat that the player has to defeat. It makes real 10's entire room and first chase even more intense than it already was. It's redesign and new attack sequence have been universally praised so far.

...I still kinda hope they change 10's walk cycle, though.

Just got out of Inside Out 2.

I think it’s pretty damn good. Not quite as good as the first, but still very enjoyable. It has a solid message (though they could’ve done a slightly better job of conveying it) and a good emotional (heh) core. And their portrayal of anxiety in the form of Anxiety is really great, especially in the climax.

Overall, good movie. First time I haven’t been disappointed by a Disney product in about 3 years. I am flabbergasted.
I was actually pretty optimistic about Inside Out 2 after seeing the trailers. For once it seemed like a Disney studio might've just known what they were doing with a sequel again.

Between this and Elemental, Disney as a whole might still be struggling with their animated films, but at least Pixar's back on track.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I got a new Microsoft/Minecraft account. On Bedrock/Xbox in general, my username is “TheCJBrineREAL”, while in Java Edition it’s “TheCJBrine39”. (there weren’t 38 others, I just put 39 because Miku :>)

also, the 15th Anniversary cape (my favorite one) was still available, so I was able to salvage it at least. I got really excited when I saw it could still be claimed xD

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I have a theory, the PBS Kids shows all take place in the same universe.

It's all caused by a power struggle triggered by the discovery of Martha's vocal abilities in Martha Speaks, showing how animals are evolving, and how evil people like Zach Varmitech wishes to use that to take over the world. So a big war happens between an army led by the Kratts and an army led by Zach, while animals are given their own private, super-defended spaces to evolve without military interference, creating the world of Arthur. Meanwhile, robotics development and pollution creates intelligent machines like Thomas the Tank Engine and monsters like the Teletubbies.

So after the war is over? Evolved animals and monsters all integrate within our society, and we live in peace...like in places like Sesame Street and the Neighborhood of Make Believe.

See you in thousands of years when Big Bird is real.

Shroob

Sup?
I should be playing Vengeance rn, but man, I wanna 100% Pap Mar.

It's not even gonna be that hard, it's just star pieces and recipes are gonna be a bit of a slog.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
OK... the witch is probably a newcomer (Wicked Witch of the West) but doesn't it make sense for "the star child" to be Steven?
-has a star as his symbol

-is a child

seems pretty self explanatory lol. I mean he’s li from space.

mote importantly:

why is Steven in this cover wearing his future jacket and a different shirt. Neither are his look for the game and I don’t think he’s worn this combo in the show.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Who woulda thought: Inside Out 2, Deadpool & Wolverine and probably Alien Romulus are gonna be very profitable. And all of that alongside Kingdom Of The Planet Of The Apes doing decently at the box office+the critical and viewing success of X-Men '97 show that Disney ain't going anywhere anytime soon (even though the Elongated Mosquito followers on Twitter and certain people online kept claiming Disney was about to "fall to the floor" because of Wish).

So yeah.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Who woulda thought: Inside Out 2, Deadpool & Wolverine and probably Alien Romulus are gonna be very profitable. And all of that alongside Kingdom Of The Planet Of The Apes doing decently at the box office+the critical and viewing success of X-Men '97 show that Disney ain't going anywhere anytime soon (even though the Elongated Mosquito followers on Twitter and certain people online kept claiming Disney was about to "fall to the floor" because of Wish).

So yeah.
Now, where is MichaeltheSpikester so he could dispute this?

I am probably going to regret saying that.

Jotadé

Smash Ace

Ok, I may not be the right person to say this... But that's not something cool to do honestly.

You can disagree with users on this site regarding pop media... But don't make them the butt of jokes for the sake of getting internet points.

Trust me, some people here used to be that way regarding me and the Fantastic Four over my old thoughts on a game most people already forgot about anyways, and It isn't a fun thing to see.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Ok, I may not be the right person to say this... But that's not something cool to do honestly.

You can disagree with users on this site regarding pop media... But don't make them the butt of jokes for the sake of getting internet points.

Trust me, some people here used to be that way regarding me and the Fantastic Four over my old thoughts on a game most people already forgot about anyways, and It isn't a fun thing to see.
It wasn't much of a joke as much as it was me saying. He does tend to pick on Disney, but I was not being humorous about that, nor was I trying to. It was just more of me wanting to see if he would actually do such a thing. Nothing with ill intent, though, as I wasn't going to say anything to him if he did.

I do still feel like, as I said, I am going to regret saying this.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
It wasn't much of a joke as much as it was me saying. He does tend to pick on Disney, but I was not being humorous about that, nor was I trying to. It was just more of me wanting to see if he would actually do such a thing. Nothing with ill intent, though, as I wasn't going to say anything to him if he did.

I do still feel like, as I said, I am going to regret saying this.
Think of It this way: It may start as you just mentioning something they may or may not be known for usually... But eventually, if enough people jump on the whole thing, It can become outright harassment or public mockery.

It may sound conspiranoic at first, but trust me: in my case it started similarly with people replying to any Marvel post with "Inb4, Jotadé will poop themselves over these news"... And at some point I found myself going through some really tough and dark IRL stuff and the moment you tell the thread you are taking a break from social media someone will come in saying "can these clowns stop seeking for attention!? This is pathetic."

So yeah, what I'm trying to say is that we should have some empathy even if we don't agree with someone on pop media. We don't know what the person is going through on their personal life and eventually these kinds of comments could turn into nasty stuff.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Think of It this way: It may start as you just mentioning something they may or may not be known for usually... But eventually, if enough people jump on the whole thing, It can become outright harassment or public mockery.

It may sound conspiranoic at first, but trust me: in my case it started similarly with people replying to any Marvel post with "Inb4, Jotadé will poop themselves over these news"... And at some point I found myself going through some really tough and dark IRL stuff and the moment you tell the thread you are taking a break from social media someone will come in saying "can these clowns stop seeking for attention!? This is pathetic."

So yeah, what I'm trying to say is that we should have some empathy even if we don't agree with someone on pop media. We don't know what the person is going through on their personal life and eventually these kinds of comments could turn into nasty stuff.
I know what you mean, BUT trust me when I say there was no harm intended. I just wanted to see if he would react to this, nothing more. No further replies to him.

I respect his opinions, of course, but this isn't meant to be a jab to him or anyone. I do realize this may have been uncalled for a bit, but making fun of others? Yeah, that is what I was not trying to do here. I have full respect to the guy, you know. It's not like I am trying to humiliate him or anything.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
I know what you mean, BUT trust me when I say there was no harm intended. I just wanted to see if he would react to this, nothing more. No further replies to him.

I respect his opinions, of course, but this isn't meant to be a jab to him or anyone. I do realize this may have been uncalled for a bit, but making fun of others? Yeah, that is what I was not trying to do here. I have full respect to the guy, you know. It's not like I am trying to humiliate him or anything.
I'll take your word for It then. Just... Try to be more thoughtful about what you post next time. People don't always react the same way to something and that is important to know.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'll take your word for It then. Just... Try to be more thoughtful about what you post next time. People don't always react the same way to something and that is important to know.
Thanks. Though thing is, I did say I was probably going to regret saying that, and now that I know what responses would initially come out of that, I am sure I most likely or definitely should not have said that at all. Despite the real intentions behind what I said, with what I just learned, I must say this: My bad. Really. I shouldn't have done that regardless of my true intentions.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
ngl CannonStreak CannonStreak you def need to be a lot more tactful about your posts, like it comes off unintentional mosta the times so I usually let it slide but it does get grating really fast, if I have to be fully honest
Yeah, I understand. In fact, I am planning on trying to fix that for good. With that, I am not planning on letting myself do something like that again, and hopefully, if something like that could potentially happen, it will not and there will be no slip ups.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
-has a star as his symbol

-is a child

seems pretty self explanatory lol. I mean he’s li from space.

mote importantly:

why is Steven in this cover wearing his future jacket and a different shirt. Neither are his look for the game and I don’t think he’s worn this combo in the show.
That’s the blue shirt he wore in the movie. Looks like the comic artist just used the wrong reference image.

Reactions: Z25

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

I've still yet to seen the first Inside Out. I really need to get around to it but hearing everything about this sequel. From Elemental last year to this film, hopefully Pixar is finally one-uping their game. Can't say the same for Disney on the other hand...

Deadpool & Wolverine I clearly see definitely being one of the highest grossing films this year. Only question is...Will it have the potential to top Joker? And even then only to be topped by its sequel this year?

You already got my opinion on Romulus. After Covenant, I have no more hope for that franchise...

He wasn't being rude or anything. He was just wondering what my thoughts would be regarding all of this. Appreciate the support but CannonStreak wasn't doing anything wrong.

And besides compared to me...He's a lot more tactful than I am.
Alien Romulus are gonna be very profitable.
After the dumpster fire that was Alien: Covenant. I would bet on it.

Alien and Aliens are the only good films in the franchise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom