• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Rewatched The Avengers

yeah this movie rewrote my brain chemistry back in 2012, I still can't help but love this movie. It is incredibly tropey, but like, it created these tropes for Superhero movies for the most part. The actors are all excellent and the action is top notch.

There are some things that have not aged well, mostly some of the the Whedon-isms and the fact that he is a creep who cannot write women.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
There are some things that have not aged well, mostly some of the the Whedon-isms and the fact that he is a creep who cannot write women.
Age of Ultron was so much worse in that regard, I can't remember a scene with a women that wasn't a sex joke or them talking about how they wanna **** an Avenger.

Justice for Black Widow

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The Xbox Games Showcase presentation is tomorrow.

Think it has a chance to be good?
I hope so. There's a few things from them I'd like to see.

Fable, Perfect Dark, Avowed, Indiana Jones and the Starfield Shattered Space expansion.

There's also that Doom game that's supposedly going to be revealed soon.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
They're gonna announce Lego Halo for the Switch instead of anything related to Rare or Crash/Spyro.
You mean Mega Bloks Halo.

There actually was a game based on that in development at once point.

It looked pretty cool, so it sucks it was cancelled.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You mean Mega Bloks Halo.

There actually was a game based on that in development at once point.

It looked pretty cool, so it sucks it was cancelled.
Mega Bloks? Ew.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
During the 2000's, in the time of Advanced Generation and Diamond and Pearl, Bandai released MB sets based on those generations for the Japanese market.

I like that their solution to avoid making new molds for the Pokemon is to just make them regular blocks with a fancy printing.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Do you think people's minds will ever change about AI? Like... it's in all our Sci-Fi. Even the non-dystopian/disaster ones. Like... what else would you call the computer in Star Trek?

Shroob

Sup?
Do you think people's minds will ever change about AI? Like... it's in all our Sci-Fi. Even the non-dystopian/disaster ones. Like... what else would you call the computer in Star Trek?

Nah, **** AI. :nifty:

Joking aside, it needs to be regulated to hell. Keep artists safe by discouraging ai art slop and heavy regulations on it to stop things like deepfakes or ai voices being used for fraud or defamation.

And skynet. No skynet.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I played a bit more Sonic Frontiers before bed, and I think it pretty much clicked at this point.

The controls felt really weightless at first but that's cause I'm used to the slightly stiffer and more precise movement of Generations, this works for an open world setting

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Fellas, we got footage of a competent guy playing the whole Space Colony Ark Act 1, plenty of pathways, some more open areas, Chaos Control showing you can use it to create extra pathways, Shadow's homing attack being a teleport to bypass laser grids, ramps without springs or boost pads, being fully 3D and the stage being around 5 and a half minutes long, not counting Chaos Controls as it freezes the timer. Gameplay itself looks like it's gonna be as saucy as the style, we are so back we travelled through time

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Fellas, we got footage of a competent guy playing the whole Space Colony Ark Act 1, plenty of pathways, some more open areas, Chaos Control showing you can use it to create extra pathways, Shadow's homing attack being a teleport to bypass laser grids, ramps without springs or boost pads, being fully 3D and the stage being around 5 and a half minutes long, not counting Chaos Controls as it freezes the timer. Gameplay itself looks like it's gonna be as saucy as the style, we are so back we travelled through time
We are so back

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
That's exactly why they're calling it AI. To invoke sci-fi tropes and make the technology seem more advanced then it is. It's all a branding ploy.

But there's nothing inherently wrong with the technology, moreso with how and why its being used. To replace artists with a cheap, soulless algorithm that was trained on their art without their consent.

That said I still think most AI generated art is crap.

Top Bottom