• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I’ve been unlocking the concept art for thousand year door and I find it really interesting that it applies flurrie and Vivian would have swapped chapters for when you recruit them.

As they are the only partners whose concept art from what I’ve seen so far, is not in their recruitment chapters.
I'm honestly glad they changed it to the order they join the party in the final game if that's true.

It makes both Vivian's entire character and arc much stronger and leaves a greater emotional impact on the audience than it would have if she just joined the party right away after the first fight with the the Three Shadows/Shadow Sirens.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
A story in two posts
I'm considering dropping Frontiers cause I'm not really vibing with this game
Ok I beat the first boss of Frontiers

I think I'll keep going after all
It is legit magical how ****ing godlike the vibes are when fighting those Evangelion freaks. I'm hoping you enjoy the game but what aren't you vibing with?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm honestly glad they changed it to the order they join the party in the final game if that's true.

It makes both Vivian's entire character and arc much stronger and leaves a greater emotional impact on the audience than it would have if she just joined the party right away after the first fight with the the Three Shadows/Shadow Sirens.
If it was changed the final order definitely makes more sense.
Even if Vivian joined right away, I’m not sure what her purpose for navigating the tree would have been. Same with flurries purpose In Chapter 4. Makes more sense for Vivian to join later and chapter 4 makes great use of her abilities and character

Jondolio

Smash Hero
A story in two posts

It is legit magical how ****ing godlike the vibes are when fighting those Evangelion freaks. I'm hoping you enjoy the game but what aren't you vibing with?
I think the sidequests are absolute dog****. The one where you had to get all the baby cokos to their mom made me want to pull my hair out even if the story payoff was worth it

I think I'm gonna finish this game but I'm not gonna try and complete it, the story is really good so far but I don't feel much of a need to collect everything

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
New footage of Sonadow Gens

Crazy how the Ark stuff has inspirations of Shadow 05, music sounds like a total banger and I'm actually vibing with Kirk Thorton's Shadow for once
The production values are ****ing insane. So glad that Sonic games get to have sauce again.

But oof, that level design is a bit concerning even if it is one of the early stages. Just a bunch of linear corridors with absolutely nothing interesting happening.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Really looking forward to Sonic x Shadow Gens, the OG Sonic Generations is one of the first games I actually bought and played and is one of my all time favorites as a result

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The production values are ****ing insane. So glad that Sonic games get to have sauce again.

But oof, that level design is a bit concerning even if it is one of the early stages. Just a bunch of linear corridors with absolutely nothing interesting happening.
On god the Biolizard looks gross as hell I love it

I'm not entirely sure about that, some sections show shortcuts, extra goodies and other routes which at worst, is servicable for what's the first stage. I also see 05 level design and Hang Castle blended in there oddly enough lmao

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
First overall arc of One Piece now done…Zoro you’re currently my favorite of the bunch

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So I haven't been keeping up, is the Shadow story just level to level like regular Gens or is it more like Adventure 1 style?
He has an open zone area that's like Frontiers but seemingly more tightly packed as opposed to being a massively blown out Forge World but this is all going off of screenshots, there's no actual footage of this area and there won't be for a bit, all the vids we're getting for SGF are just gonna be the ARK level and Biolizard fight

Last edited:

Dr.DonPatch64

Smash Journeyman
Smash Speculation no matter what game was and/or will always be fascinating to look back at, Smash 4 and Ultimate is where it became more main stream.

Dr.DonPatch64

Smash Journeyman
Wait, Bison's coming on the 26th?
Damn, that's barely a month after Akuma dropped.
Maybe 4 character seasons won't be so bad if they can keep even a bit of this pace.

Let's just hope we don't get another Five Months of Pain™ like we did between Aki and Ed's release.
I'm more Hyped for Terry, but Bison is still cool have back

Jondolio

Smash Hero
First overall arc of One Piece now done…Zoro you’re currently my favorite of the bunch
Was gonna call a basic ***** but then I realized that I can't because my favorite tops the popularity poll every single time and is also the MC

Zoro is awesome tho, you will be eating well throughout this adventure

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Bro all the dialogue for Shadow's story has been shown in demo footage but the Biolizard boss has this little gem

"Stop struggling, you cling to a crueler fate"

Ian Flynn sir please continue to cook, I am but a starving child and you are the finest chef in the city

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm like near the end of the Water Seven arc of One Piece and yeah, I may have to update my favorite character list.

And I got a good feeling my new favorite one is gonna have an amazing moment real soon.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm like near the end of the Water Seven arc of One Piece and yeah, I may have to update my favorite character list.

And I got a good feeling my new favorite one is gonna have an amazing moment real soon.
How does it feel to read peak fiction?
1717885474611.png

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I know that many say that the Donkey Kong franchise has been greatly neglected for years in the game department, but I don't have any real hope for something from it to appear in the upcoming Nintendo Direct.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
absolute peak once again
Was gonna call a basic ***** but then I realized that I can't because my favorite tops the popularity poll every single time and is also the MC

Zoro is awesome tho, you will be eating well throughout this adventure
basic ***** mode be the best at times like these

Shroob

Sup?
So uh, if you play TF2, stick to community servers if the bot crisis wasn't bad enough for you.

Now the bots are distributing cheese pizza.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So uh, if you play TF2, stick to community servers if the bot crisis wasn't bad enough for you.

Wait, what?

Like, literally ordering pizza and sending them to people's addresses or is this a virtual meme/virus thing?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

And this is why my TF2 time is Community servers/MvM these days.

I miss the pre bot days

Top Bottom