• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Speaking of the elderly

The big double 3 today.

Was gonna do the Yoshikage Kira copypasta but Zinith did it better than I ever could have lol.
Happy birthday fellow Smashboardian! May all your most wanted characters get into Smash!

Any Tumblr sexyman
Honestly Zach could probably qualify as a Tumblr Sexyman in his own right...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't think that's necessarily tonal whiplash as much as having a tone that's maliable. Most of my favorite franchises and pieces of fiction (One Piece, Pokémon, Avatar, Pikmin, Kirby, etc) are ones that balance goofy and lighthearted elements with darker moments and undertones pretty seamlessly.

The tonal shift in Utena isn't exactly organic, at least from what I can remember
Perhaps that's a better word, yeah, thanks!

The way the show looks is very... theatrical, for lack of a better word, what with the shadow girls and choirs in every duel, what little theater experience I have has taught me that it is an art form that can do damn near anything so the drama aspects work super well imo. However, I am also watching an episode where someone turns into a cow and I have no clue what the **** to expect anymore
Okay, but what fictional characters are this?
View attachment 390507
stares at Zach Varmitech from Wild Kratts
Like, every villain ever lmao

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Perhaps that's a better word, yeah, thanks!

The way the show looks is very... theatrical, for lack of a better word, what with the shadow girls and choirs in every duel, what little theater experience I have has taught me that it is an art form that can do damn near anything so the drama aspects work super well imo. However, I am also watching an episode where someone turns into a cow and I have no clue what the **** to expect anymore

Like, every villain ever lmao
The cow episode is my personal favorite

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I got 240 missiles in Metroid Prime plus all of the energy tank and power bomb upgrades, so I think I'm gonna just collect the last few artifacts and wrap up this playthrough. I love this game but I'm not forcing myself to search for 2 more missile expansions

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Everytime i go over to my moms house shes ****ing redecorating and me and my dad are stuck doing all the heavy liftibg and this **** is driving me to stress eat, i wish should would leave stuff be for more then a month
My girlfriend likes Soulslikes and it’s almost all she plays. I still love her but I worry I’m gonna accidentally say something mean given my… history…
I didnt let my dislike of romance animes get in the way of my relationship of my girlfriend, your taste in games shouldnt get in the way of yours

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My girlfriend likes Soulslikes and it’s almost all she plays. I still love her but I worry I’m gonna accidentally say something mean given my… history…
I know people are kind of making jabs at you like they do, but like....Your history has also shown you've got capacity to grow.

Like obviously don't say anything mean if you can help it. But even if you do slip up it's possible to own up to it and apologize, right?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
To be somewhat fair to Snake I do have to admit that I swiped left for a girl because her profile said she was a league player.

That's different from fumbling your existing relationship however

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I didn't realize how hard that Vocaloid Song Mesmerizer popped off, I was wondering why, then I realized it could technically be counted as mascot horror in a roundabout way.

But I am quickly learning that they don't teach the youth about Fukkireta in Vocal Synth school anymore, leaving people asking the same old questions about Kasane Teto.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
To be somewhat fair to Snake I do have to admit that I swiped left for a girl because her profile said she was a league player.

That's different from fumbling your existing relationship however
See thats different. Its legally ok to leave a leage player on read

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If I can have multiple partners who love Xenoblade and Banjo Kazooie despite being harassed by fans of the series to the point of death threats you can endure this.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
If I can have multiple partners who love Xenoblade and Banjo Kazooie despite being harassed by fans of the series to the point of death threats you can endure this.
This is me being petty but a a xenoblade girlfriend is a hard pass for me

Noipoi

Howdy!
My time at the ren fair has concluded.

It was pretty cool. Saw a joust. Saw a leprechaun magic show. Some knights tried to kill me because I’m a dragon and that’s gang ****.

IMG_8863.jpeg

I went around and asked like 20 fair maidens if I could kidnap them and lock them up in my dragon tower lol

One said yes. Got her insta.

I should probably text her :054:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

It was pretty cool. Saw a joust. Saw a leprechaun magic show. Some knights tried to kill me because I’m a dragon and that’s gang ****.

View attachment 390519

I went around and asked like 20 fair maidens if I could kidnap them and lock them up in my dragon tower lol

I bet she has A bf already
Or is gay, knowing your luck

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

View attachment 390519

Me looking at everyone else having fun doing interesting things
1717363812520.png

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609