• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’ve been seeing a lot of ads for it and I’m still disappointed Doctor Who deserted HBO Max and went to Disney+. Stupid mouse poaching something cool and putting their greasy fingerprints all over it’s legacy.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I’ve been seeing a lot of ads for it and I’m still disappointed Doctor Who deserted HBO Max and went to Disney+. Stupid mouse poaching something cool and putting their greasy fingerprints all over it’s legacy.
To be fair, there's kind of a precedence for this case. Some of the 10th (and I think the 11th) Doctor's seasons aired on Disney XD for a year or two in the 2010s. They were even one of the few programs on the channel that ever had a disclaimer for potentially being too scary for younger viewers.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
To be fair, there's kind of a precedence for this case. Some of the 10th (and I think the 11th) Doctor's seasons aired on Disney XD for a year or two in the 2010s. They were even one of the few programs on the channel that ever had a disclaimer for potentially being too scary for younger viewers.
Why would you ever wanna be "fair" to Disney.

If petitions actually worked I'd start one to get Doctor Who off of Disney+ and back on Max where it belongs... and to turn Max back into HBO Max... and to bring back everything they took off of it... and to cancel Shark Week for the foreseeable future...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Why would you ever wanna be "fair" to Disney.
Because I grew up watching and loving the movies they produced and enjoying visiting Disneyland?

As a corporation, Disney's pretty bad and needs change, but that doesn't mean the entire company and everything it's done is bad.

and to turn Max back into HBO Max...
Now this, I quite frankly agree with, because Max on it's own is a much less inspired name for a streaming service and makes it less clear that it's associated with HBO.

and to cancel Shark Week for the foreseeable future...

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Don't worry, guys.
The only weakness of SF64 is her least favorite word: "Scrimblo Bimblo, the Loveable Scrunko"
Just don't make her angry, so she let a scream so loud that can be heard outside the Milky Way and also transforming into a Super Saiyan 1000000000000000000000000000000001
:troll:

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Because I grew up watching and loving the movies they produced and enjoying visiting Disneyland?

As a corporation, Disney's pretty bad and needs change, but that doesn't mean the entire company and everything it's done is bad.
Ok but like... I didn't and I hate them so.... they kinda need to burn....
Now this, I quite frankly agree with, because Max on it's own is a much less inspired name for a streaming service and makes it less clear that it's associated with HBO.
Yes! Thank you! Uhg. Might as well have named it Discovery Max just to shove their gross blue branding all over it and make it even worse.
David Zaslav values a week of lazy documentaries about ****ing Sharks more than the entire animation industry and beleives it has equal cultural importance as DC Comics and Lord of the Rings, and also ****ing Property Brothers. Anyone with that skewed a perception deserves to be made miserable.

Shroob

Sup?

Yes! Thank you! Uhg. Might as well have named it Discovery Max just to shove their gross blue branding all over it and make it even worse.

David Zaslav values a week of lazy documentaries about ****ing Sharks more than the entire animation industry and beleives it has equal cultural importance as DC Comics and Lord of the Rings, and also ****ing Property Brothers. Anyone with that skewed a perception deserves to be made miserable.
Soooo.... your logic is to snub the people who like Shark Week

To get back at one guy?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 390491

Cuz she's ****ing WEIRD dude
You sir have just scored a point.
Don't worry, guys.
The only weakness of SF64 is her least favorite word: "Scrimblo Bimblo, the Loveable Scrunko"
Just don't make her angry, so she let a scream so loud that can be heard outside the Milky Way and also transforming into a Super Saiyan 1000000000000000000000000000000001
:troll:
God i wish I could go super saiyan. That would mean I wasn't fat anymore.

Noipoi

Howdy!
And I’ll destroy things you love that I don’t. I’m sure you’ll understand :nifty:

I mean none of us have the power do do any of the stuff we’re talking about so the conversation really doesn’t matter. But your logic is flawed and stupid and poopy-doopy.

Top Bottom