• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
No dude like actually, it is literally a 1 frame window to get 5 hits, no exaggeration, taken directly from speedrunners who researched this ****, Simplifier also does not add an extra frame to it. Clearly this isn't me sucking lmao

I already spent the money and assuming there's no more Glitz Pit stuff, I can just pre-emptively end fights now so I need to do less Cocomelon stuff so things should be a lot more tolerable at worst. Plus, it's different to actually experience a game for myself rather than to watch someone else play it, especially if I already spent the money. Assuming my final thoughts are "Good writing, ass combat" then I could potentially try out Origami King or something too, otherwise I shall simply be a hater which is nothing new for me
Ok but you said before you weren't a fan of the series, and yet bought the game knowing you weren't gonna enjoy it and now are complaining you aren't enjoying a game you knew you weren't going to enjoy, to an audience where the majority is enjoying the game. And not being very constructive with the criticism.

Like idk if you're trying to be quirky or something but with all due respect you're coming off as a total ass. At least a dumbass for willingly spending money on a game you knew weren't gonna like and then complaining like it's the games fault.

But hey what do I know, maybe the game is bad 🤷🏾‍♂️

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Honestly I really can't fault Gwen for trying so hard to enjoy a game she's not been having fun with so she can enjoy the aspects she does like.

I've battered Disventure Camp All-Stars wildly in here, but I still come back to it to try and salvage enjoyment out of it. Riya has been wonderful and I still enjoy Gabby a ton - a lot of the other stuff though is just terrible, like HORRENDOUS.

I think we've all had things we've disliked, but still given a chance to because of the elements they have that we enjoy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok but you said before you weren't a fan of the series, and yet bought the game knowing you weren't gonna enjoy it and now are complaining you aren't enjoying a game you knew you weren't going to enjoy, to an audience where the majority is enjoying the game. And not being very constructive with the criticism.

Like idk if you're trying to be quirky or something but with all due respect you're coming off as a total ass. At least a dumbass for willingly spending money on a game you knew weren't gonna like and then complaining like it's the games fault.

But hey what do I know, maybe the game is bad 🤷🏾‍♂️
I suppose I am a dumbass for giving the gane a fair shot and saying "Oh I thought I was just bad at the game to not be able to land 5 hits, they just made this as hard as it could possibly be to the point speedrunners of the original were caught off guard" while also saying the writing, something often praised about this, is genuinely good. I forgot saying "Hmm this combat is bad" without making a massively detailed essay means I'm not being fair even if some of my favourite RPGs have dog**** gameplay. But hey I'll shut up about the game if you want, even if it does some legit good things, thanks dude, I appreciate it

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I suppose I am a dumbass for giving the gane a fair shot and saying "Oh I thought I was just bad at the game to not be able to land 5 hits, they just made this as hard as it could possibly be to the point speedrunners of the original were caught off guard" while also saying the writing, something often praised about this, is genuinely good. I forgot saying "Hmm this combat is bad" without making a massively detailed essay means I'm not being fair even if some of my favourite RPGs have dog**** gameplay. But hey I'll shut up about the game if you want, even if it does some legit good things, thanks dude, I appreciate it
I mean a simple "I like this part of the game but overall I'm not a fan" goes far better than "This game is ass and has cocomelon gameplay and yet I'll still play and complain" but whatever suits you I guess 🤷🏾‍♂️

If you bought it to give it a fair shake then whatever but just say it isn't for you instead of all that.

Edit 2: The dumbass comment was unessecary, my apologies.

I just want my point to be spewing constant negativity to a group of people that are enjoying the game is just annoying and comes off really disingenous

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Update on the classic Cartoon Network removals from Max:

Ben 10 was removed today.

Powerpuff Girls and Ed Edd n Eddy are safe.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Here's my take: I don't think you should force yourself to sit through something that you don't enjoy. Life is too short and you only have so much time to check out art that you think will appeal to you, so it's completely valid to not see a game through to the end if you're not getting anything out of it.

For example, I recently compiled my backlog. One of the games I have there on there is Xenoblade Chronicles, which I did actually try on the 3DS for like 2 or 3 hours and then quit because it wasn't fun for me. It could be because the 3DS version is not as good or that I wasn't in the mood, or maybe the game isn't for me.

I'm gonna give it a second try when I get to it but if it's not grabbing me again, I'm probably not gonna finish it cause the game's not for me. I'm not gonna go through an 80 hour game just so I can rant to people who like the game - of which there are many - about how it's **** just because I didn't like it, because at the end of the day all that accomplishes is a. wasting my time, and b. annoying people. Same goes for any other game I don't enjoy, so far I've been having fun with all of the games I played on the backlog but I know that's probably not gonna be true for all of them.

This TED talk was brought to you by the idiot who played Pokemon Sword and Shield 3 times and spent extra hours on it just to complete the National dex

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This TED talk was brought to you by the idiot who played Pokemon Sword and Shield 3 times and spent extra hours on it just to complete the National dex
Hey don't feel bad about this, I didn't like the game in my first runthrough and yet I bought the DLC and did the entire Pokedex (and it was my first time EVER doing that). And then I went back to get the last couple of legendaries like when SV was out for a year

Why does this franchise have me by the balls

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Hey don't feel bad about this, I didn't like the game in my first runthrough and yet I bought the DLC and did the entire Pokedex (and it was my first time EVER doing that). And then I went back to get the last couple of legendaries like when SV was out for a year

Why does this franchise have me by the balls
Oh yeah I forgot, I did the DLC twice and originally bought the double pack for the game. I later sold my Shield copy to my friend but Nintendo still got my money from the original purchase.

I'm never gonna stop buying these games cause this franchise has a stronghold on my psyche that forces me to catch every single Pokemon in existence and also I'm constantly inhaling copium that these games will get better eventually (which to be fair has been paying off lately but still)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh yeah I forgot, I did the DLC twice and originally bought the double pack for the game. I later sold my Shield copy to my friend but Nintendo still got my money from the original purchase.

I'm never gonna stop buying these games cause this franchise has a stronghold on my psyche that forces me to catch every single Pokemon in existence and also I'm constantly inhaling copium that these games will get better eventually (which to be fair has been paying off lately but still)
NGL the stretch from SwSh to BDSP was tough times. That said, I wanted BDSP on the principle that GF was outsourcing and not doing a yearly release and I wanted to support that.

That's why I am glad they are not doing a 2024 release

Jondolio

Smash Hero
NGL the stretch from SwSh to BDSP was tough times. That said, I wanted BDSP on the principle that GF was outsourcing and not doing a yearly release and I wanted to support that.

I'm very glad Z-A is coming out in 2025. It's my most anticipated video game of all time but I can wait a year if it means it'll be of better quality.

Once again, S/V were good games but I cannot fault anyone for writing them off because holy hell are they rough

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm very glad Z-A is coming out in 2025. It's my most anticipated video game of all time but I can wait a year if it means it'll be of better quality.

Once again, S/V were good games but I cannot fault anyone for writing them off because holy hell are they rough
Yeah, I'm in on this one, it always irked me how they dropped support on PLA like far too fast.

Maybe this time we get PS3 quality environments

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

I was Sword and Shield’s greatest defender when they were coming out but once the games hit I couldn’t deny the truth anymore.

I was seconds away from taking a step away from the franchise. I’d never be able to fully part with it, but if they were gonna keep putting out games like SwSh I didn’t know if I wanted to play them. Then they announced Legends Arceus.

It’s like they knew

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ngl, in hindsight I would rather have Pokemon Stars, just so we can get Alola in HD.

Despite being on the 3DS and 2 years from being a decade old, it still holds up a lot graphically. Somehow looks better than all the games in the HD era

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ok for what it's worth Chapter 4 was a massive improvement, Twilight Town looks beautiful and while the back and forth was a bit annoying, it wasn't very long, only just got Vivian but the backtracking for chapter 5 so far... Isn't that annoying! The narrative makes it feel worse than it actually is but the curse ghost's most recent ability remedies this. Also, the Dutch localization team aren't cowards about Vivian which is nice

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok for what it's worth Chapter 4 was a massive improvement, Twilight Town looks beautiful and while the back and forth was a bit annoying, it wasn't very long, only just got Vivian but the backtracking for chapter 5 so far... Isn't that annoying! The narrative makes it feel worse than it actually is but the curse ghost's most recent ability remedies this. Also, the Dutch localization team aren't cowards about Vivian which is nice
Just wanna say I again I apologize for the dumbass comment, I was way out of line for that.

Also yeah, Vivian rules

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Just wanna say I again I apologize for the dumbass comment, I was way out of line for that.

Also yeah, Vivian rules
Thank you.

Apparantly the backtracking is supposed to be really obnoxious for that chapter but the narrative behind it works for gameplay story integration and I think the remake added a warp pipe? Either way this was the best part of the game, no wonder it took like 5 years for me to hear about partners other than Vivian

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It baffles me how you are able to pour so much of your free time into something that you're very clearly not enjoying
I’m more curious as to how you can hate chapter 3. That’s one of the best chapters. Great characters, fun fights, fun dialog, and an interesting enough mystery that makes it really enjoyable to play through.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Thank you.

Apparantly the backtracking is supposed to be really obnoxious for that chapter but the narrative behind it works for gameplay story integration and I think the remake added a warp pipe? Either way this was the best part of the game, no wonder it took like 5 years for me to hear about partners other than Vivian
It was way worse in the original. They added a warp pipe to fix that though. Before you had to trek through the entire map on foot multiple times, going back and forth to the key locations that chapter

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It was way worse in the original. They added a warp pipe to fix that though. Before you had to trek through the entire map on foot multiple times, going back and forth to the key locations that chapter
I wonder if anyone figured out that rolling was faster than walking, sure, I got to use a warp pipe to negate half of the backtracking but rolling did make it go by quicker than expected

Reactions: Z25

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I’m more curious as to how you can hate chapter 3. That’s one of the best chapters. Great characters, fun fights, fun dialog, and an interesting enough mystery that makes it really enjoyable to play through.
I can't really comment on the subject itself since I haven't played Thousand Year Door yet. I'll get to it but I gotta beat more games first

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Missed this but I don't like the combat system at all, the aesthetics are great, sure, but constantly being in fights, the early ones also giving a single point of exp at a time right after getting the First Strike badge that would otherwise let me skip it is pretty damn annoying. The conditions sound fun but end up being meaningless most of the time to me. There's also how you get the Yoshi, you're forced to lose a fight where you cannot do anything because you need the Yoshi and have to leave to go grab him and then challenge those rock dudes again, it feels very unnatural compared to me, not just cause I had Piercing Blow that wouldn't work because the game didn't want it to, but because the other partners' introductions gave you something to play with. Yoshi only lets you run faster and sure, that's fantastic but in chapter 3, you're walking like 5 steps between most fights unless you want to buy items or something. Sure, the Yoshi probably would have made most fights go by easier but you'd need to hope you're fighting an enemy type you've already gotten a Tattle on and that it's an enemy you can jump on, which wasn't always the case. Goombella's Tattle is incredibly useful which means you're always going to want to use her at least once per enemy type, Koops has you use him for puzzles, is the only way you can hurt a chunk of enemies on your partner's turn when you get him, has story significance to the chapter you get him in and has a multitarget move, which you may not have at that point of the game. Madame Flurrie also has you use a bunch of puzzles with her. Yoshi... Doesn't get this so he doesn't stand out either. As for the story, it's alright but I'm more shocked that the plot twist was supposed to be a plot twist.

TLDR: Chapter 3 just didn't work for me at all, Chapter 2's biggest sin by comparison is one of the puzzle elements not being obvious to me making me further explore, not realizing I was supposed to blow the Punies into the soapy suds

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Society if The Final-Final Test: Badge Marathon played a Gusty Garden Galaxy remix
IMG_0076.JPG

(Jokes aside, I'm actually surprised that they didn't do this. Gusty Garden Galaxy was remixed for both The Perfect Run and Champion's Road, so I would've expected it for the hardest, final level in Mario Wonder as well)

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I was Sword and Shield’s greatest defender when they were coming out but once the games hit I couldn’t deny the truth anymore.
You heard it here first folks Noipoi is a fake pokemon fan

I bet he can't even name every Spinda form

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
More job searching and I'm realizing, people really do expect you to be job loyal. Kinda wild cause there's people at my job working for like over 50+ years (plz retire) and here I am ready to leave after about 9 months. Maybe I'm impatient, but idk I don't even work full time and they're paying me less than $20 an hour

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location

I was seconds away from taking a step away from the franchise. I’d never be able to fully part with it, but if they were gonna keep putting out games like SwSh I didn’t know if I wanted to play them. Then they announced Legends Arceus.

It’s like they knew
E3 2019 was the straw that broke the Numel's back for me and I haven't played a Pokemon since then.

They definitely seem like they're being more ambitious with the games since SwSh, so if whatever they put on Switch 2 doesn't look and run like **** I might get back into it.

Top Bottom