• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Missed this but I don't like the combat system at all, the aesthetics are great, sure, but constantly being in fights, the early ones also giving a single point of exp at a time right after getting the First Strike badge that would otherwise let me skip it is pretty damn annoying. The conditions sound fun but end up being meaningless most of the time to me. There's also how you get the Yoshi, you're forced to lose a fight where you cannot do anything because you need the Yoshi and have to leave to go grab him and then challenge those rock dudes again, it feels very unnatural compared to me, not just cause I had Piercing Blow that wouldn't work because the game didn't want it to, but because the other partners' introductions gave you something to play with. Yoshi only lets you run faster and sure, that's fantastic but in chapter 3, you're walking like 5 steps between most fights unless you want to buy items or something. Sure, the Yoshi probably would have made most fights go by easier but you'd need to hope you're fighting an enemy type you've already gotten a Tattle on and that it's an enemy you can jump on, which wasn't always the case. Goombella's Tattle is incredibly useful which means you're always going to want to use her at least once per enemy type, Koops has you use him for puzzles, is the only way you can hurt a chunk of enemies on your partner's turn when you get him, has story significance to the chapter you get him in and has a multitarget move, which you may not have at that point of the game. Madame Flurrie also has you use a bunch of puzzles with her. Yoshi... Doesn't get this so he doesn't stand out either. As for the story, it's alright but I'm more shocked that the plot twist was supposed to be a plot twist.

TLDR: Chapter 3 just didn't work for me at all, Chapter 2's biggest sin by comparison is one of the puzzle elements not being obvious to me making me further explore, not realizing I was supposed to blow the Punies into the soapy suds
I can get not enjoying the battles. Personally I always have fun, since you have the audience interactions, environment hazards, and the exp is balanced, where I don’t mind it being low as I know I’ll get to the levels I need to by the end.

Goombella is definitely handy. I’m not sure if you have the badge, but you can buy one with star pieces that lets partners act on switch in. So you can always lead with someone else and switch her in to tattle right away if you’re working on the log.

As for Yoshi, I think his gimmick is definitely the different colors and his battle prowess being better. Iirc he has some of the better move upgrades. Him not being a technical original character though, I can see take away from people remembering him.

Even if predicted, the atmosphere and the story itself is still fun, with some memorable moments.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If Aoyama has million number of fans i am one of them. if Aoyama has ten fans i am one of them. if Aoyama have only one fan and that is me. if Aoyama has no fans, that means i am no more on the earth. if world against the Aoyama, i am against the world. i love #Aoyama till my last breath.... Die Hard fan of Aoyama. Hit Like If you Think Aoyama Best hero & Smart In the world

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I can get not enjoying the battles. Personally I always have fun, since you have the audience interactions, environment hazards, and the exp is balanced, where I don’t mind it being low as I know I’ll get to the levels I need to by the end.

Goombella is definitely handy. I’m not sure if you have the badge, but you can buy one with star pieces that lets partners act on switch in. So you can always lead with someone else and switch her in to tattle right away if you’re working on the log.

As for Yoshi, I think his gimmick is definitely the different colors and his battle prowess being better. Iirc he has some of the better move upgrades. Him not being a technical original character though, I can see take away from people remembering him.

Even if predicted, the atmosphere and the story itself is still fun, with some memorable moments.
The most I get out of audience reactions is needing to press X every 40 minutes because someone has a big ass rock so as far as I can tell, it just determines how much Star Power I get, the EXP scaling does mean you end up getting more the further you go in the game but that also means that if you're 'too strong' for the mandatory fights, you don't get anything worthwhile, it's a double edged sword

I did get it before quitting for now due to a low battery on my controller and while it would have been handy earlier, especially seeing as I mixed up the price meaning I could have gotten it then too, it's still an extra bit of busywork that takes up time

The problem isn't just him not being as 'technical', it's also how the game design does him dirty. Again, Koops in Hooktail Castle, he has higher defence, the enemies there don't get hurt by jumps and generally line up together, meaning Koops is actively useful and you'll have a significantly harder time doing anything with Goombella. Madame Flurrie... Isn't particularly useful in that regard but hypothetically speaking, she can get rid of big swarms or the mini yux enemies more easily than anyone else. Vivian joins when you have nobody else meaning you feel the difference she makes instantly regardless of how she can hit any enemy type with a basic attack and deals 4 damage alongside a helpful burning status, not to mention she can help you dodge those Hyper Goombas if they get their buffs off. Yoshi simply doesn't get a chance like this to stand out in his own chapter and while Goombella also has this, she joins first so you can instantly realize "Oh, I can do twice as many things on my turn including dealing twice as much damage", something nobody other than Vivian can say

Reactions: Z25

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So I'm making that Ultimate Deluxe roster I talked about yesterday and since I'm going with the same template as base Ult's roster, I'm adding 5 echoes. So far I only have 3 in Dixie, Shadow, and Octoling, so more suggestions would be appreciated

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ah, some of my earliest memories that I can still recall are from the year 2000.

...Emphasis on "some" as even then there's only a handful of days that I can still recall from back then.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So I'm making that Ultimate Deluxe roster I talked about yesterday and since I'm going with the same template as base Ult's roster, I'm adding 5 echoes. So far I only have 3 in Dixie, Shadow, and Octoling, so more suggestions would be appreciated
How about Jeanne? You can even tie it to Bayonetta 3 if you want.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
How about Jeanne? You can even tie it to Bayonetta 3 if you want.
Sure, let's go with that, I'm not exactly picky about echoes

Edit: For the last one I think I'll go with Impa since I'm not gonna have a Zelda newcomer otherwise

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m just saying…

If paper Mario was built with an upgraded version In mind…

That means they plan to support it post release.

Which means DLC is fair game. A perfect way to pad out the switch’s release schedule leading up to the switch 2.

You know what that means?
“is this coping? Probably….”

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Man, making Smash rosters is not as fun as it used to be. I dunno what happened cause I used to edit my rosters all the time and have so much fun with it but now it feels like I'm filling up a quota. I guess I'm just gonna have to wait and see what they do in the next game

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I’m just saying…

If paper Mario was built with an upgraded version In mind…

That means they plan to support it post release.

Which means DLC is fair game. A perfect way to pad out the switch’s release schedule leading up to the switch 2.

You know what that means?

“is this coping? Probably….”
The fact that this even includes some of Luigi's partners who were cut from the final game makes this even better.

Reactions: Z25

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ben cannot be trusted with Kryptonian dna
OK... A: He's matured since he was 10 years old and probably COULD be trusted with it if the writers weren't told to strictly adhear to his 10 Year Old personality like dumbasses.
B: Realistically a Kryptonian isn't any more dangerous than like... Humongosaur or Way Big or Atomix or Alien X or Gravattack or even XLR8 or Upgrade or Swampfire or Goop or Heatblast or Upchuck or..... goes on to list every Ben 10 Alien with the added context of this conversation hopefully highlighting how dangerous all his aliens are.

Noipoi

Howdy!
OK... A: He's matured since he was 10 years old and probably COULD be trusted with it if the writers weren't told to strictly adhear to his 10 Year Old personality like dumbasses.
B: Realistically a Kryptonian isn't any more dangerous than like... Humongosaur or Way Big or Atomix or Alien X or Gravattack or even XLR8 or Upgrade or Swampfire or Goop or Heatblast or Upchuck or..... goes on to list every Ben 10 Alien with the added context of this conversation hopefully highlighting how dangerous all his aliens are.
If I had a dollar for every time I made a joke and you responded literally I’d make Jeff Bezos look like nothing.

Top Bottom