• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Just rewatched The Incredible Hulk

wow that was somehow worse than I remembered. Might be my least favorite MCU project, but Secret Invasion is still putting up an argument.

It did leave me more confused about the thought process behind Captain America 4 though, so there is that.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

wow that was somehow worse than I remembered. Might be my least favorite MCU project, but Secret Invasion is still putting up an argument.

It did leave me more confused about the thought process behind Captain America 4 though, so there is that.
Secret Invasion is worse cause multibillion dollar corp couldn't pay artists so they AI'd the entire intro.

Or maybe it's better cause it actually cue'd in the quality of the show

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

between Secret Invasion and Iron Fist season one if anything at this point
Welcome aboard
when will you let me out of the OP cage? I have family that needs to be seen

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Secret Invasion is worse cause multibillion dollar corp couldn't pay artists so they AI'd the entire intro.

Or maybe it's better cause it actually cue'd in the quality of the show
the only thing that I genuinely ****ing hate about the show is the fact that they killed the only Maria Hill I genuinely cared and gave a damn about (while also advertising her for every episode in the series)

Thank god ATSV, Loki S2, and Kamala decided to save 2023

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
God, Smash is so boring to watch. There is someone watching both The tekken and smash tornaments and Id much rather watch Tekken
if you watching the US scene then that explains it. Japan’s Smash scene made me invested in their fights in comparison (and yes a lot of it is because of Zackray’s Pit)

Shroob

Sup?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Also, Tears of the Kingdom is awesome.

The first few phases of Ganondorf's boss fight weren't quite as much of a spectacle as the Calamity Ganon fight, but it hearkens back to his final Wind Waker and Twilight Princess boss fights, not to mention the battle with Demise in Skyward Sword, and is much more difficult as a boss. The Five Sages showing up to help Link out and fight off Ganondorf's army, Ganondorf himself, and the Phantom Ganons was also awesome to see,

Then the final fight with his freaking Demon Dragon form, while much easier in terms of not getting a game over, was much more difficult and engaging than the the Dark Beast Ganon fight, not to mention it's immediately followed up with Rauru and Sonia using the last of their powers to restore Zelda to normal before passing on and the player having to get Link to dive as fast as possible and reach out for Zelda ot save her. Their reunion and Zelda's amazement and joy afterwards was heartwarming.

Oh, I also got what I'm pretty sure is the game's true/golden ending. I'm not even sure what to say about it. Everything about it was awesome. But Mineru's farewell was emotional, especially since Zelda was incredibly close to her and she was essentially the last surviving family that she knew. The Sages AKA New Champions bowing in support and swearing to fight for Princess Zelda and all of Hyrule like the Sages of the past did for Rauru, though? That was one of the most awesome things in this already incredibly awesome game, and it brought everything full circle. It's a fitting way to end the game's story.

What an incredible game. It's almost everything I wanted in a BotW sequel and is easily one of the best Legend of Zelda games to date. I'm kinda hoping they don't continue the story here even if they just stop at making it a trilogy. I have no idea where they could take the story from here and this one ended so strongly that I don't think it could be surpassed.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Not only that but Tara the Android too.

Aka that "I Feel Fantastic" robot video that scared soo many people growing up lmao.
That was also a wild reference.

Peak episode for sure. The end credits gag was one of the funniest jokes they’ve done.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Pikachu Libre in PM REX will have EWGF.

:ultkazuya: has competition.
Isn't that the one with Mega Man X and Zero? I'm still waiting to see how they handle OG Mega Man, but Libre having Pokken stuff sounds cool.
Mega Man gets a new sheild special ala inkling that lets him cycle through his custom moves from Smash 4. Good idea or bad idea?
I'd rather is Custom moves be-repurposed for Protoman or Bass, since there's options. The Idea isn't outright terrible though, but it would require each set of moves having a set purpose to make them have a purpose to switch between. Would one focus on KOs? One with extra range? Y'know stuff like that.

Really, the only major moveset changes I'd make to OG Mega Man in Smash is letting Rush have a hitbox like Sonic's Spring and Banjo's Jump Pad. And MAYBE swap out Crash Bomb for Ice Slasher. I think he has a pretty well defined gameplay identity.

If they add any-non echo fighters to Mega Man, I want them to keep that energy and make each Mega Man a different fighter altogether.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It baffles me how you are able to pour so much of your free time into something that you're very clearly not enjoying
The writing goes from alright to pretty good and I've had worse ways to spend 20 euros so I am motivated by more than sheer spite. Also, people found out that the powerbounce and multibonk **** literally requires frame 1 reactions at a certain point, I thought I was just bad at the game but no, this gameplay is just ass

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The writing goes from alright to pretty good and I've had worse ways to spend 20 euros so I am motivated by more than sheer spite. Also, people found out that the powerbounce and multibonk **** literally requires frame 1 reactions at a certain point, I thought I was just bad at the game but no, this gameplay is just ass
That's always been the case to prevent people from completely cheesing the game, and it's extends past TTYD for "infinite" attacks.

You just suck at the game and that's ok.

Also if you really don't like the gameplay just watch the cutscenes.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That's always been the case to prevent people from completely cheesing the game, and it's extends past TTYD for "infinite" attacks.

You may just suck at the game and that's ok.

Also if you really don't like the gameplay just watch the cutscenes.
No dude like actually, it is literally a 1 frame window to get 5 hits, no exaggeration, taken directly from speedrunners who researched this ****, Simplifier also does not add an extra frame to it. Clearly this isn't me sucking lmao

I already spent the money and assuming there's no more Glitz Pit stuff, I can just pre-emptively end fights now so I need to do less Cocomelon stuff so things should be a lot more tolerable at worst. Plus, it's different to actually experience a game for myself rather than to watch someone else play it, especially if I already spent the money. Assuming my final thoughts are "Good writing, ass combat" then I could potentially try out Origami King or something too, otherwise I shall simply be a hater which is nothing new for me

Top Bottom