• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
From the top of my head. All the MCU films I seen were

Thor films, Captain America Trilogy, Guardians Trilogy, The Avengers, Age of Ultron, Ant-Man 1 & 2, Doctor Strange 1 & 2, Spider-Man Trilogy, Black Panther, Infinity War, Captain Marvel, Black Widow, Bulletproof Monk 2, and Eternals.

Guardians Trilogy were my favorite of the punch. Enjoyed the Captain America Trilogy, The first and second Avengers films, first Doctor Strange. Enjoyed the first Thor and find Dark World underrated and overhated. Black Panther was good but not great. Infinity War I find ok but very overrated. Endgame is extremely overrated, don't hate the film but I don't like it. First two spider-man films were timewasters at best IMO, wasn't a fan of No Way Home.

The rest of the films I didn't like or hated. Eternals was especially a snoozefest. Bulletproof Monk 2 I thought was personally meh. Doctor Strange 2 sucked (They totally butchered Stephen Strange's character) just to name a few.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Honestly, something has to be said about the death if cinematic universes. I wanna say Marvel burned us all out but legit I can't think of another successful cinematic universe both critically and commercially.
The Dark Universe failed because Universal put too much focusing on trying to establish it and hype it with it's first (and what was consequently it's only) movie instead of focusing on actually trying to make a good movie.

The DCEU's films are hit or miss (they mostly seem to be miss) and has also struggled to find it's footing as a result.

The Hanna-Barbera cinematic universe seems to have faltered as well, with it only getting one movie and it's sequel remaining unreleased (which itself is still BS regardless of how questionable the idea of a Hanna-Barbera cinematic universe is).

Like Noi said, the Monsterverse seems to be the only one that's achieved a similar level of success and maintained it since. The concept has either been overdone and worn out by now, or just ends up being poorly executed more often than not.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ok so MCU and Monsterverse. That's two out of like...

You know I really hope we don't see a Nintendo cinematic universe, I said it before but keep them seperate aside from the occasional cameo.
I hope we get a decent amount of (good) Nintendo movies. They don’t all have to be connected though.

Considering Pokemon and Zelda are live action while Mario (and most likely Donkey Kong) is animated, I don’t think that’s what they’re going for thankfully.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The DC Animated Movie Universe is pretty good. It's all direct to DVD so it's not a cash cow but critically and longevity wise it's done pretty good.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I hope we get a decent amount of (good) Nintendo movies. They don’t all have to be connected though.

Considering Pokemon and Zelda are live action while Mario (and most likely Donkey Kong) is animated, I don’t think that’s what they’re going for thankfully.
Yeah but when I hear talk for a Smash Bros movie then I get a bit worried
The DC Animated Movie Universe is pretty good. It's all direct to DVD so it's not a cash cow but critically and longevity wise it's done pretty good.
I usually don't see that as a cinematic universe in the terms that it's not in cinemas, but yeah I agree.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
…liked the first episode so far, and yeeting the **** out of a child will always make me laugh…but this doesn’t have enough One Piece rap

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Did some reorganizing of the General Social board so hopefully it looks a little cleaner.

If there are any threads you'd like me to sticky, feel free to let me know. The Last Movie You Saw, Last Comic/Manga/Book, and Unhappy Threads seem like reasonable choices.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
From what I heard, TTYD remake was finished a whole year ago. If this is the case, I wonder how many of their Switch 2(or whatever it'll actually be called)Year 1 games will be already finished by now. I think Sony ran into the issue with Spider-Man 2 being their latest big first party game and not having much for a year or so, and Microsoft is barely even trying at all, and would rather buy out companies and then fire a bunch of people instead of letting them cook up a halfway decent library.

I dunno, all 3 have their major issues, but when it comes to the games themselves Nintendo is fumbling the least at the moment. Still they have their ****ty practices with fan-related content and emulation.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Rewatched Iron Man and it is still a really good movie, Sucks that it flopped, I feel like this could have been a big franchise
And Iron Man was the film that helped revitalised Robert Downey Jr's acting career.

Speaking of the MCU, I know it had been a rough few years but hopefully they can put themselves back on the map now that Marvel Studios had regained creative control (something that previous Disney CEO Chapek took away from them), and give them enough time on working upon their upcoming projects.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I also drew Ibuki this week, kind of a fighting game week for my art. This one came out decently enough. But I stuck too closely to the initial pencil sketch. I could have cleaned it a little bit more I think.

I got more art for the next few weeks too, so look forward to that!

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I thought you hated GoG? And comedy in superhero movies in general…
I never said I hated Guardians and are my favorite superhero films.

This kind of comedy fits Guardians due to its campy tone, along with the emotion and heart those films have. It's later MCU films that's trying to be like Guardians that I have a problem with.

I also enjoyed The Suicide Squad because the humor works for that film. But when you try to do it for every of its other movies followings I'm gonna have a problem.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I used to be excited for most of the MCU movies and now the only movie I'm excited for in Phase 5 is Deadpool & Wolverine.

osby

Smash Obsessed
For what it's worth, I actually did like The Marvels.

I also really like Kamala Khan too, she's cool in both the comics and the movies
I really need to get around watching it. It's been my most anticipated MCU movie for years but then I never got a chance to see it in the theater.

(No spoilers but does Monica get to do stuff? WandaVision wasted her so badly.)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I really need to get around watching it. It's been my most anticipated MCU movie for years but then I never got a chance to see it in the theater.

(No spoilers but does Monica get to do stuff? WandaVision wasted her so badly.)
Yeah they got her fighting and stuff, she's pretty dope. All the actresses kicked ass tbh, Kamala just won my heart.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm basically done with the MCU at this point. I don't want to go back to watching it even if it improves, it's a chore for me and life is too short to only watch Marvel stuff.

My friend did say X-Men 97 is amazing so I might check it out one day. Eventually. Maybe.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’m falling off Marvel (the comics) because they’re keeping The Hulk in the same perpetual loop of failure as Spider-Man. Now they’re just capitalizing the shock of Immortal Hulk’s dark visuals and combining it with a subpar story that contradicts everything that happened within the past five years.

I don’t read much of the other series tbh. I probably should. :popcorn:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
For what it's worth, I actually did like The Marvels.

I also really like Kamala Khan too, she's cool in both the comics and the movies
Even though The Marvels isn't quite perfect, I did enjoyed Iman Vellani's performance and I do hope to see more of Kamala Khan involved within upcoming MCU projects.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The first two fighters for the release of REX (successor to PMEX Remix) have been revealed: Incineroar and Pikachu Libre
I want to check that mod out but it's impossible to google - I can only find Rex (from XC2) mods for Project M.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sorry that I went missing for a few days.

Anyway, have y'all ever dealt with a TV show you love having a season that utterly stinks? I know I'm going through that now myself, but I'd like to hear from your experiences
I haven’t watched Clone High season 2 yet.

The original series is one of my favorites, and I haven’t heard the best things…

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Anyway, have y'all ever dealt with a TV show you love having a season that utterly stinks? I know I'm going through that now myself, but I'd like to hear from your experiences
Young Justice season 1 is pretty great and season 2 is good but not as good. Season 3 blows.

Also not a TV show but the Jujutsu Kaisen manga falls off hard after the last arc the anime adapted imo

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

From my knowledge, JJK had an insane fall off. I only saw the first season tho.

Demon Slayer's 3rd season was not good, which hurts after the insane peak of Season 2.

In terms of American cartoons, not a season in particular but any episode of Regular Show with Mordecai's love life after CJ got involved, it reeked so bad then and now that I'm an adult, it may genuinelly be worse.

Last edited:
Top Bottom