• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

osby

Smash Obsessed
SMT V Vengeance theory nobody asked for because I can't wait for it to come out:

So we know that the antagonistic group in the new story is called Qadištu - four female demons whose leader is Lilith. Qadishtu is an Akkadian word for "nun" and is associated with temple prostitution, which leads me to believe that the story will touch on how Lilith changed when she was adopted to Abrahamic religions from Mesopotamian polytheism.

As for the rest of Qadishtu, it seems obvious that they are the three succubus queens who have slept with the archangel Samael (it's worth noting that the new Lilith design holds a serpent that looks suspiciously similar to Samael) according to Kabbalah. So they are probably Eisheth Zenunim, Agrat bat Mahlat, and Naamah. Just like succubi in folklore, they look like beautiful women at first but have bird or snake-like deformities on closer inspection. Although the historical relation between the two is disputed, there are similarities between the Mespotatiam tree spirit "Lilu" who made her house in a sacred tree in Inanna's garden (and is notably associated with snakes and owls), and Lilith, who spurns the Tree of Knowledge in the garden on Eden. Unlike Lucifer's generals like Ishtar or Surtr, Lilith's role didn't change or diminish when the God of Law began ruling the universe - if anything, she went from a simple demon to a queen. So, it makes sense that she doesn't just side with Lucifer's Army.

The original SMT V was about a competition to take the God of Law's (who stole the Knowledge from the other gods) Throne. If I have to make a guess, Vengeance will instead focus on demons who are more interested in getting back at god rather than becoming Nahobinos. So rather than picking a side or destroying the Throne, I can see the game giving the player a chance to build a new throne from the remains of the Tree of Knowledge, just like how Mesopotamian Lilith intended to build her house in a sacred tree.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I still don't get why the Pokemon Victory theme in Smash isn't... the actual Pokemon Victory Music.

Same for EarthBound.

And Fire Emblem... god why do the first party RPGs just not get their victory/battle complete fanfare? They did it for Final Fantasy and Persona. The only reason they didn't do it for Dragon Quest is because the Dragon Quest one is just a one not rising brrrrriiiiiiiing.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I still don't get why the Pokemon Victory theme in Smash isn't... the actual Pokemon Victory Music.

Same for EarthBound.

And Fire Emblem... god why do the first party RPGs just not get their victory/battle complete fanfare? They did it for Final Fantasy and Persona. The only reason they didn't do it for Dragon Quest is because the Dragon Quest one is just a one not rising brrrrriiiiiiiing.
Because using Id (Purpose) as the Awakening cast's victory theme was a lot more hype, next question.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Remember when Overwatch 2 launched and they made it so that you have to progress through a Battle Pass to unlock heroes or buy it to instantly get them?

Starting next season, that’s a thing of the past as all future heroes will be free, ala Overwatch 1. This will also apply to the previous heroes introduced.

I wish it were like this from the start.

Edit: Oh and premium currency earnable via the Battle Pass now

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Because using Id (Purpose) as the Awakening cast's victory theme was a lot more hype, next question.
Well I also just watched some gameplay from awakening and there appears not to be a general victory theme... unless I'm mistaken. I heard a level up jingle plenty of times but nothing else.

My complaint was mostly about Marth and co. because the NES OST has a very clear Victory Fanfare.

Also.... Wario.... why does he have an original composition? Wario Land had victory jingles. Wario*WARE* had victory jingles. Heck, those games had ost in general that they could have referenced. But instead they make something up that the Shake-It team expands into the theme for Stonecarving City.... why? And why not change it later.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Remember when Overwatch 2 launched and they made it so that you have to progress through a Battle Pass to unlock heroes or buy it to instantly get them?

Starting next season, that’s a thing of the past as all future heroes will be free, ala Overwatch 1. This will also apply to the previous heroes introduced.

Now, this how I feel hearing the new changes for OW2 getting a rework to currency and heroes in the battle pass.
Screenshot_20240309_123235_YouTube.jpg

No more intense dedication to earning stuff.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
With the first film receiving overwhelmingly negative reviews, Jagged Edge Productions is in for a bumpy ride.
It would be so funny if this cinematic universe managed to get all its films in its initial plan released as opposed to the DCEU who’s initial plan finished three films short

cashregister9

Smash Hero

You will also be able to get the Mythic skins from previous battle passes seriously killing a lot of FOMO

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It would be so funny if this cinematic universe managed to get all its films in its initial plan released as opposed to the DCEU who’s initial plan finished three films short
lived and died without a true purpose…damn

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This week:
Godzilla: Awakening
Kong: Skull Island
Skull Island
Skull Island: Birth of a King
Godzilla (2014)
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters

Next week:
Godzilla: Aftershock
Godzilla: King of the Monsters
Kingdom Kong
Godzilla: Dominion
Godzilla vs. Kong
Godzilla x Kong: The Hunted

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
We need a new form of Donkey Kong that can fight against Fury Bowser in a Nintendo version of Godzilla vs. Kong.
Correction. That's Gamera vs. Kong.

Like really Bowser is more of Gamera then he really is Godzilla since they're both fire-breathing turtles! :p

Last edited:

Occhi Vuoti

Smash Cadet

The bill encourages ways to improvise around this work limit to obtain pass this and then some. However, I don't agree with the level of technology, AI, and so on to take over. Technology and materialism are too controlling and a glass much less full in value to me. So, I'm very different than alot of people from this subject.

It's depressing being a non comformist at times in context that it's looked down on and not fitting in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom