• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
New Garfield movie trailer

It's looking really promising now.
Fun fact: here in Spain they were going to originally have Garfield in this movie voiced by the common Christ Pratt voice actor in Spain (really great actor btw, loved his work on the Mario movie and the Marvel GotG stuff).

However, thanks to the dubbed version of this trailer we all now know that he has been replaced by Santiago Segura:
Santiago Segura for those who don't know is a popular comedian in Spain. He's best known for playing the Anti Hero Torrente, James P.Sullivan in Monster Inc and making various cameos in Guillermo Del Toro's movies such as Pacific Rim or Blade 2.

Since I can't post a clip of Torrente because It is an extremely r-rated movie and that would basically be a ban speedrun, I'm gonna share two clips of his work in Monster Inc and Pacific Rim:
On this Pacific Rim scene he's the dude at the beginning of the clip with the sunglasses btw:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokemon Gen V is funny because why is there a desert behind New York City
Global Warming
They’ll announce that at the same time they announce Odyssey 2
:4pacman:
How about that Superstars DLC though? It was peak!
LEGO has Mario Day news coming up

There is a $170 set we know is coming. It’s 18+ so hope it’s another cool full model like the question block.
Oh yeah, also the Citra emulator is also gone since it was the same devs as the Yuzu one so uh, if you need a 3DS emulator looks like you gotta find a new one.
If only there was a way to make any 3ds an emulator…

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
The children yearn for the R4
Yooooo! The R4!

Those things were legendary and iconic back when I was a kid.

Every kid had a NDS with one of those cartridges, full of games and everything.

That is in fact the way I played most NDS games as a kid: great memories of Sonic Rush Adventure, Sonic Colours, GTA Chinatown Wars, New Super Mario Bros, Mario vs Donkey Kong 2, DK Jungle Climber, Dragon Quest Monsters Joker and a long etc...

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
What's it like looking after those things? Is it tricky?

I've considered getting one before, but they're more complicated than "water and sunlight".
Yeah, it's "lots of water and lots of sunlight."

Okay, there's more to it than that.
These videos are fairly short and tell you all you need to know:
Fs in the chat for centipede
Worth noting that they don't actually need to eat to survive.
They just saw spiders and chose violence.

Reasonable.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The Olive Garden product placement is almost as bad as the Sonic movies
Why does it have to be product placement? Why can’t they just be making a joke about a popular restaurant Garfield would probably like? It’s not illegal to mention real world brands in media. Shows and movies do it all the time without it being product placement.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Why does it have to be product placement? Why can’t they just be making a joke about a popular restaurant Garfield would probably like? It’s not illegal to mention real world brands in media. Shows and movies do it all the time without it being product placement.
If they just mentioned it once that’d be nothing. But you also see Olive Garden branded bags in Jon’s fridge. And I bet there’s more in the actual film.

At the end of the day it doesn’t take away too much from a film. But it can be corny.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If they just mentioned it once that’d be nothing. But you also see Olive Garden branded bags in Jon’s fridge. And I bet there’s more in the actual film.

At the end of the day it doesn’t take away too much from a film. But it can be corny.
I didn't notice the bag in the fridge. I want to make a joke about you freeze framing the Garfield trailer looking for LORE, but I could have just not noticed it and you did.

Also I'm probably the only one who thought the Sonic Movie Olive Garden product placement was actually funny. Like, to me, it was obvious product placement but they gave it the structure of a joke by having it obey the rule of thirds and be said by increasingly absurd characters and when they busted it out for a third time at the end I laughed in the theater. It's what I would do if I was writing a script for a studio and they forced me to include a brand and it's slogan in the script, make fun of the fact that it's in the movie in a subtle way.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
NSO is testing playing a game to get icons for the game.

The first game under this test is Super Mario World.
Edit: This also applies to older titles. To get rewards you have to play 3 separate days during the 30 day period. So those who want Animal Crossing icons best get playing.

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
NSO is testing playing a game to get icons for the game.

The first game under this test is Super Mario World.
Edit: This also applies to older titles. To get rewards you have to play 3 separate days during the 30 day period. So those who want Animal Crossing icons best get playing.
Just took a look at it and you still have to pay Platinum points, in addition actually having to own and play the game.
Really trying to eke out a few extra sales, aren't they?

I hope they revisit F-Zero X and actually have art of the pilots. Last time it was just the 3D models of the vehicles for some reason.

Like come on, I could've had this crazy MF as my profile icon
SkullHQ.png

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I feel we aren't getting the final Smash spirit event this week with Mario Day hype in motion.
My theory is the final event is Mario related but they're waiting until Princess Peach Showtime releases to give the spirits.

Showtime and Mario Wonder. A duo of finality.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
casually walking back into Smash Ultimate until WWE 2K24 releases…realizes that he’s no longer built for online as this black man is getting murdered by these grass haters and overly skilled players

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Found one of those birth date games
View attachment 385963
Birthday: January 31st
My second favorite Pokemon: Dragon/Rock type

feelsgoodbro.jpg
What type of Pokemon does your legal name, social security, credit card numbers and IP address give you?

Electric/Fairy :yoshi:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I've watched a number of films lately.
Chat, call me insane if you want... But I actually liked this movie a lot? And It is actually in my top 5 Multiverse saga movies right now alongside No Way Home, Wakanda Forever, GotG3 and technically Werewolf By Night?

The action was well shot and fun, the musical planet was an enjoyable time, Captain Marvel herself has a great character arc in the movie and the main characters also have really good chemistry? And the humour was way better than I thought It would be? Idk what the entire internet has smoked, this movie isn't even ironically good, It is straight up great for a Marvel production. Ms.Marvel as I expected was the best part of the movie doh, literally perfect casting and perfect actress for the role.

The only thing which I could say was meh was the villain, but even then she worked quite well for the movie. Not every villain can be Mysterio or Killmonger and that's fine.
Also the post-credit scene unironically went hard.

All in all: I'm sorry, but this gets a 7.5/10. Unironically a good time.
I am actually hoping for more of Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel within future MCU projects and there was a reason why Iman Vellani shined in her role.

As seen close towards the ending Kamala visited Kate Bishop and also mentioned Ant Man's daughter Cassie who she became a superhero in Quantumania which is likely they could be forming a "Young Avengers" team.

Last edited:
Top Bottom