• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait
A
Minute

..............Gen 6

.....Luminose City

Fellas are we gonna get LORE on the Ghost Girl
We get a sidequest where it ends with us inadvertently causing her death or witnessing her die.

She thinks the player character in XY is the one who helped her years ago during a difficult time in her life.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So, I looked up Eternal Flower Floette, and according to Bulbapedia, it has a PokéDex entry in USUM. Also, despite not being present in the data of any Switch game* (although its signature move, Light of Ruin, is in SwSh, PLA, and SV, even though it’s not legitimately obtainable if I’m not mistaken), it has a sprite in Pokémon Home.

I hope this means they’ve been planning on bringing it back, or at least heavily considering it. Makes its return in Pokémon Legends: PizZA seem more likely.

*According to a reply to a Reddit post I found off Google, it actually is in the code of SV, but I can’t confirm this myself.

Based on the original story, with it joining AZ again, maybe they held off distributing it, since they felt the player having it made no sense? Though now, since we’re likely in a time before the events of XY, they could say Floette joined us for a while, before going back to AZ later in life.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, time to play Az's story once more. As a reminder of the ultimate weapon, which I don't know if it will be uncovered and sealed during the re-urbanization plan of Kalos.

Shroob

Sup?
We get a sidequest where it ends with us inadvertently causing her death or witnessing her die.

She thinks the player character in XY is the one who helped her years ago during a difficult time in her life.
Sir this is a Pokemon game.

She'll just faint.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sir this is a Pokemon game.

She'll just faint.
Did you forget about this sidequest in XY?

Let’s also not forget there’s a hidden escape rope in this house either. Implying he planned to use it until you gave him hope again. Pokémon is not afraid to tell darker stories.

Not saying she dies on screen, but dying and it being apparent she dies, is 100% on the table. Would then explain her restlessly searching for someone in the afterlife. Also by inadvertently I meant, the context of the quest will be the backstory leading to her passing as we partaking in helping her with her final wishes.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Dukefire

Smash Master

Let’s also not forget there’s a hidden escape rope in this house either. Implying he planned to use it until you gave him hope again. Pokémon is not afraid to tell darker stories.

Not saying she dies on screen, but dying and it being apparent she dies, is 100% on the table. Would then explain her restlessly searching for someone in the afterlife. Also by inadvertently I meant, the context of the quest will be the backstory leading to her passing as we partaking in helping her with her final wishes.
TBH, I didn't know about this sidequest being dark until recently.

Shroob

Sup?
Got everything but the Basement decorated.

Though I still need to customize.... a lot of furniture pieces.

I have an 'idea' for the basement, but I dunno how doable it is.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I can't help but wonder if Tears For Fears is aware of how "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" has become a staple song for a certain series about Half-Life 2 characters, toilets and robots with appliance heads and what their thoughts are about it.

The song was already hugely popular and received lots of airplay for decades well before that bizarre series ever happened, but given the sheer popularity of it...They've probably known for months.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I can't help but wonder if Tears For Fears is aware of how "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" has become a staple song for a certain series about Half-Life 2 characters, toilets and robots with appliance heads and what their thoughts are about it.

The song was already hugely popular and received lots of airplay for decades well before that bizarre series ever happened, but given the sheer popularity of it...They've probably known for months.
It's like when Stranger Things made Running Up That Hill really big.

Except with more toilets :nifty:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It's like when Stranger Things made Running Up That Hill really big.

Except with more toilets :nifty:
That's not a bad comparison. But there's still a difference in that Running Up That Hill was actually licensed for it.

Along with Master of Puppets, which I'm spoiling because that song only shows up once and the scene is just that awesome.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I’m guessing Legends Z-A gives us another psudeo legendary with a regional. I could see that be a recurring theme. Retooling other regions psudeo and making them the psudeo of an accent region.

With that in mind, Dragonite I think is out because we see dragonair. Now just dragonite could get the forms, but I think it gets a mega.

Goodra would also be out because they used it and it’s the regions main psudeo.

So my prediction is they take Kommo-O or Baxcalibur. Get a newer mon in there so they can save older psudeos for revisits.

Especially when 4 of them have mega evolutions. Which actually makes me wonder if the rest will get them or be split with regional forms that make them busted instead.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

**** I never knew about this

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Nah, but close actually.

I'm trying to keep my house an entire theme, but I 100% am making the basement the dedicated spooky area.
It's the basement, it's already spooky asf. Don't you remember the kid that went into his grandpa's basement and they never found him?

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Saw ya'll were talking about music in media for a bit, wanted to jump in with one theme song from a movie I rewatched yesterday:

This theme song got stuck with me after watching the movie because I feel It is perfect for the character of Magneto. You can really feel his anger towards humankind and his larger-than-life vibes throught these notes.
It also made a good chunk of scenes incredibly intense, which was cool to see.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not sure if this might come off as an unpopular opinion but...

There's plenty of modern movies today I still enjoy but I won't lie when I say when watching them, they clearly don't have the passion put into them as ones of the 80s, 90s and early 2000s did. Those were probably the best decades for movies.

Which is why to me most movies nowadays just suck tbh...

I'm not saying this out of nostalgia. That's how I really feel tbh.

Top Bottom