• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Holy brown gummis on a stick I forgot how much fun Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team was.

I'm dangerously addicted to dragging my Pikachu-Charmander duo (yes I'm aware how ridiculously cliche those starter picks are) around dungeons and racking up points for my team (dinosaur like when number go up) and recruiting every mon I can.

Pikachu - Ellie (Starter)
Charmander - Gabby (Partner)
Magnemite - Oliver
Rattata - Karol
Zigzagoon - Kai
Aron - Connor
Elekid - Maggy

Yes I'm doing a Disventure Camp name theme cuz I'm predictable

I'd love to replay Explorers of Sky too, but god it's so hard to find online without having to pay the equivalent of a college fund for it.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
My GOD X and Y's music is so much better than I remembered

I considered it the weakest soundtrack in the franchise for a long time, and I might still do but that's less of a complaint about the soundtrack itself, cause the weakest soundtrack in the franchise is still an absolute banger

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My GOD X and Y's music is so much better than I remembered

I considered it the weakest soundtrack in the franchise for a long time, and I might still do but that's less of a complaint about the soundtrack itself, cause the weakest soundtrack in the franchise is still an absolute banger
That’s one of the only things I really loved about XY. The world isn’t too bad and friend safaris were peak, but the music has some bangers too.

Gym leader theme is great, snowbelle city is iconic, trainer theme is memorable as well.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
New Project Voltage song; “Psychic Psychic” by NayutalieN ft. Miku:

It’s really cool! A lot of Psychic-type Pokémon appear. I think it’s a remix of another song by the same composer/producer, called “Alien Alien.” Watched a video of Miku singing and dancing to the original at Magical Mirai, and it’s cool and cute too!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

View attachment 385766

In hindsight, maybe we should've seen this coming :dkmelee:
There were other signs to Kalos in SV, one example being the area in northeast Paldea is heavily assumed to be the boarder of Kalos which also has Dragon Tamers who use Kalos dragon Pokémon.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Holy brown gummis on a stick I forgot how much fun Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team was.

I'm dangerously addicted to dragging my Pikachu-Charmander duo (yes I'm aware how ridiculously cliche those starter picks are) around dungeons and racking up points for my team (dinosaur like when number go up) and recruiting every mon I can.

Pikachu - Ellie (Starter)
Charmander - Gabby (Partner)
Magnemite - Oliver
Rattata - Karol
Zigzagoon - Kai
Aron - Connor
Elekid - Maggy

Yes I'm doing a Disventure Camp name theme cuz I'm predictable

I'd love to replay Explorers of Sky too, but god it's so hard to find online without having to pay the equivalent of a college fund for it.
BTW, Blast Seeds >>>>>>>>>

Can't even count all the times those things saved my sorry tail.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean, they are under no obligation to continue the pattern. But I like the pattern. And it's not like anyone is adding in the modernizations to the originals with rom hacks. I know. I checked.
Honestly with the exception of the fairy type I dunno if there's anything in B/W that really needs modernizing. They're pretty up to par with the modern games.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Does it have EXP share and can you access your box from wherever. I know it still has random encounters.
No

But it doesn't need them. I love quality of life improvements but they're not a necessity for the game to be up to par with modern standards and they don't magically make the games better (SwSh is a great example for this)

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nope and nope, which I don’t really mind but that could just be because I was raised on it. They just don’t significantly detract from the experience for me.
Whereas I really like them and think they streamline the gameplay so much. Especially if you're trying to complete the dex.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Gen 5 can get the BDSP treatment tbh. It could use some small touch ups and that's about it.

But it's perfectly fine without them, of the 2D gens it was the most balanced and least grindy by far.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Gen 5 can get the BDSP treatment tbh. It could use some small touch ups and that's about it.

But it's perfectly fine without them, of the 2D gens it was the most balanced and least grindy by far.
Honestly I'm down for it to get the BDSP treatment, saves me 60 bucks.

I don't need anymore remakes. We're in the Legends era now and I think we should embrace it

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Honestly with the exception of the fairy type I dunno if there's anything in B/W that really needs modernizing. They're pretty up to par with the modern games.
Yeah, Pokemon gameplay has basically stagnated since then, outside of the Fairy typing and adding a new gimmick every generation only for it to not be as popular as megas.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly I'm down for it to get the BDSP treatment, saves me 60 bucks.

I don't need anymore remakes. We're in the Legends era now and I think we should embrace it
There's room for both imo, especially since the old games cost a pretty penny nowadays.

Side note, with the 3DS you could play every gen from 1-7 in one way or another. That's wild.

Top Bottom