• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
**** I never knew about this
Sword and shield has a similar event that gives you the reaper cloth at the end.

You meet a little girl outside of a school who asks you to deliver a love letter to Opal’s town.

Only to get there and find a grown ass man, whose kid is sitting in the corner talking to herself.

You learn the letter is from his childhood love who died suddenly one day. Her ghost now leaves the school and is the imaginary friend his daughter plays with.

if you go back to where she was, you get the reaper cloth.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Sword and shield has a similar event that gives you the reaper cloth at the end.

You meet a little girl outside of a school who asks you to deliver a love letter to Opal’s town.

Only to get there and find a grown ass man, whose kid is sitting in the corner talking to herself.

You learn the letter is from his childhood love who died suddenly one day. Her ghost now leaves the school and is the imaginary friend his daughter plays with.

if you go back to where she was, you get the reaper cloth.
I knew about that one. I also knew about the specific sidequest you brought up, just not the part where he died

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
New Pokémon mystery dungeon where the grovyle everyone likes is older and has evolved into a Sceptile but still has the satchel and gear of time.
He actually does come back, alongside distinct and celebii. They just don’t have much story wise. As Super Mystery dungeon lets you recruit every past character from the previous games.
I knew about that one. I also knew about the specific sidequest you brought up, just not the part where he died
Yeah Gamefreak has been giving us like one of these every game now. Painting relatively dark and wholesome stories at the same time.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Chat, call me insane if you want... But I actually liked this movie a lot? And It is actually in my top 5 Multiverse saga movies right now alongside No Way Home, Wakanda Forever, GotG3 and technically Werewolf By Night?

The action was well shot and fun, the musical planet was an enjoyable time, Captain Marvel herself has a great character arc in the movie and the main characters also have really good chemistry? And the humour was way better than I thought It would be? Idk what the entire internet has smoked, this movie isn't even ironically good, It is straight up great for a Marvel production. Ms.Marvel as I expected was the best part of the movie doh, literally perfect casting and perfect actress for the role.

The only thing which I could say was meh was the villain, but even then she worked quite well for the movie. Not every villain can be Mysterio or Killmonger and that's fine.
Also the post-credit scene unironically went hard.

All in all: I'm sorry, but this gets a 7.5/10. Unironically a good time.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I will say there's something really bittersweet about Pokemon Legends A-Z not being out until 2025.

It'll be the first year for a while where we go a year without a mainline Pokemon release and while it's a good sign that that game will probably get some proper time in the oven it also means I'll have to find other ways to keep my special interest satiated. Scarlet/Violet's postgame still sucks even after DLC and well...I just don't have the patience for competitive play any more.

I guess now would be a good time to go back and play some older Pokemon games. I haven't touched Black 2 in a good long while. Might wanna play that before the ability to transfer pokemon from Bank is gone for good.

I don't intend to be back here that long btw, but there's some stuff going on in the server again and I'm loving all the Pokemon talk that's been happening here.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I will say there's something really bittersweet about Pokemon Legends A-Z not being out until 2025.

It'll be the first year for a while where we go a year without a mainline Pokemon release and while it's a good sign that that game will probably get some proper time in the oven it also means I'll have to find other ways to keep my special interest satiated. Scarlet/Violet's postgame still sucks even after DLC and well...I just don't have the patience for competitive play any more.

I guess now would be a good time to go back and play some older Pokemon games. I haven't touched Black 2 in a good long while. Might wanna play that before the ability to transfer pokemon from Bank is gone for good.

I don't intend to be back here that long btw, but there's some stuff going on in the server again and I'm loving all the Pokemon talk that's been happening here.
It’s definitely a good thing, but as Pokémon fans we’re accustomed to yearly content and being stuck with the same game for for too long gives us hives. :090:

Aw well, we’ll be fine. It’s for the best.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You’re really getting twitchy over the lack of a Unova announcement, huh? :nifty:

Also there is no 100% Kyurem. The true form of the Tao Trio is the currently unnamed being known as The Original Dragon.
I mean I was really looking forward to it.

And Grey/100% Kyrem is as good of a name to call it as anything else.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No it's not, it's literally described as the original dragon. Kyurem, Zekrom, and Reshiram were all once one Pokémon and got split into three. Get your lore right
I mean, the only reason they call it "The Original Dragon" is because GameFreak didn't bother giving it an actual Pokemon name because you couldn't even see it in the games, let alone catch it. I know the lore you're talking about, but I also refuse to believe that if it ever shows up and we catch it the pokedex will call it "The Original Dragon". It will have some actual Pokemon name.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I mean, the only reason they call it "The Original Dragon" is because GameFreak didn't bother giving it an actual Pokemon name because you couldn't even see it in the games, let alone catch it. I know the lore you're talking about, but I also refuse to believe that if it ever shows up and we catch it the pokedex will call it "The Original Dragon". It will have some actual Pokemon name.
I never said it should be called that. But its name should not be Kyurem, Kyurem is merely a husk it left behind

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well yeah it’ll obviously have a name if/when it ever appears. We just don’t know what that name is.

However, it’d be inaccurate to refer to it as Kyurem because it isn’t Kyurem. Frosty chicken isn’t even the dominant consciousness or anything like that, it’s just the empty husk left behind when Zekrom and Reshiram decided they weren’t friends anymore.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I never said it should be called that. But its name should not be Kyurem, Kyurem is merely a husk it left behind
And I mean it might not be. I'm only making the inference that calling it "Complete Kyurem" is as good of a name as any other name we could potentially call it since we have no idea what it's name actually would be. Especially since when it fuses with Reshiram or Zekrom it becomes "White Kyurem" and "Black Kyurem". Not "50% Whoever"

Noipoi

Howdy!
Especially since when it fuses with Reshiram or Zekrom it becomes "White Kyurem" and "Black Kyurem". Not "50% Whoever"
That’s just a smidgen different though. The Kyurem forms are Kyurem violently forcing Reshiram/Zekrom to fuse with it in an attempt to become whole again, so in this instance it’s asserting its will over their bodies. It is Kyurem, just with a little spice. Thats why the designs are kinda twisted and unnatural looking.

I imagine if Reshiram/Zekrom ever chose to join with Kyurem of their own volition it’d be a more even split.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That’s just a smidgen different though. The Kyurem forms are Kyurem violently forcing Reshiram/Zekrom to fuse with it in an attempt to become whole again, so in this instance it’s asserting its will over their bodies. It is Kyurem, just with a little spice. Thats why the designs are kinda twisted and unnatural looking.

I imagine if Reshiram/Zekrom ever chose to join with Kyurem of their own volition it’d be a more even split.
Fair. Imma still call it Complete Kyrem till we know better though

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Gambling automatically makes a game 18+ in Europe so thanks to it's unlikely thanks to the game corner
Tbf, Nintendo did release in Japan an +18 version of the N64 app for NSO so they could release Jet Force Gemini there.

Maybe they can do the same with games which feature gambling?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Chat, call me insane if you want... But I actually liked this movie a lot? And It is actually in my top 5 Multiverse saga movies right now alongside No Way Home, Wakanda Forever, GotG3 and technically Werewolf By Night?

The action was well shot and fun, the musical planet was an enjoyable time, Captain Marvel herself has a great character arc in the movie and the main characters also have really good chemistry? And the humour was way better than I thought It would be? Idk what the entire internet has smoked, this movie isn't even ironically good, It is straight up great for a Marvel production. Ms.Marvel as I expected was the best part of the movie doh, literally perfect casting and perfect actress for the role.

The only thing which I could say was meh was the villain, but even then she worked quite well for the movie. Not every villain can be Mysterio or Killmonger and that's fine.
Also the post-credit scene unironically went hard.

All in all: I'm sorry, but this gets a 7.5/10. Unironically a good time.
I argue that the movie was better than Captain Marvel, and helped rehab the reputation that Carol Danvers has been recovering from since Civil War 2 (and MCU wise gave her a lot of her missing personality points)

Top Bottom