• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How many new megas do we think we're getting? Do you think it'll just be megas, or will we still have regional variants and cross gen evolutions? Will there be an Enamourus-esque addition?

I can't stop thinking about this.
I’m thinking all the above. They took a whole extra year for this game. They must be very ambitious. So building off of legends and having new megas, more regionals, and then cross gen/regional evolutions are fair game if there’s regionals.

Another legend related to past pokemon is possible to. They might want to continue adding to previous legendary lore. Maybe that’s where they speculated mythical comes in.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I was just about to say this definitely comes back in this game.

-early prototype as in it’s an irl year away from working, and years away from full power in the games universe.

-Theme of technological advancement and Pokémon harmony.

There’s no way synchro does not come back.
Given that Pokemon have been getting far more active roles starting with Gen 7, I'm betting this will be the game that does that.

PLA already had you controlling a few with the flute.

Reactions: Z25

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Finally getting a Pokemon Z game after all this time is exciting. I remember how confused I was when they announced Sun and Moon and I realized Pokemon X and Y would be the first games to not receive a 3rd Version, a sequel, or anything of the sort. Kalos got robbed.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ironically if we paid attention to dex cuts pattern,

We would have had Kalos locked in.

In SV the main missing Pokemon are like 5 from Gen 5 that are in the Kalos Dex, the Kalos legends, and most importantly, furfrou. An obvious stand out that would have clued us in if we stopped taking leakers as gospel lol
I mean. I was just going by the patterns. Truthfully they can do whatever they want there imho. I just want Black and White remakes to happen someday soon because playing those old ds games, without the modern streamlined gameplay tweaks (Exp share, accessing the box whenever you want, no random encounters, the fairy type) does not sound appealing. And BDSP only didn’t have one of those things. It had all the rest. Plus I thought the chibi characters were cute. So please please do them!

Reactions: Z25

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm betting that we're going to get a spin-off Pokémon game this year.

I really can't see Pokémon having a completely dry year (TCG Pocket doesn't count).

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Among this sea of Pokémania, Turtlemania has also had a cool reveal today
This hopefully opens the gates to rereleases of the TMNT 2003-inspired games.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Idk how they'll bring back Ash Greninja when Ash didn't exist during that time but we'll see.
They retcon it to be a mega. With text saying it resembles an ancient hero who once saved Kalos. Their bond echo’d throughout future Greninja who strived to to be as powerful as the original greininja and his partner were.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
If pumpkaboo isnt in this game, I will vibrate in anger so hard that i will go to the core of the earth
I'd be shocked if any Kalos Pokemon aren't in the dex. 100% of Sinnoh's inclusions were in Legends Arceus, no reason the same wouldn't apply here.

It would also be a safe bet to assume anything with a Mega will be here, with the possible exclusion of Mewtwo and Rayquaza.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Lol a ninja'd post about ninjas.
On the same day where Greninja returned to the spotlight, no less.
We'll have to call in a ninja Princess to deal with all this ninja-ing.

Ninja Peach in Princess Peach: Showtime!
…this might actually be a once in a lifetime moment here on Smashboards. A ninja getting ninja’d by another ninja at the same time while posting about ninjas as Greninja shines and Ninja Peach begins her takeover

Dukefire

Smash Master
Speaking of Princess Peach Showtime, we are not far away from getting the game on March 22. Despite it being designed for girls, Male gamers will get a kick out of it as well.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
…this might actually be a once in a lifetime moment here on Smashboards. A ninja getting ninja’d by another ninja at the same time while posting about ninjas as Greninja shines and Ninja Peach begins her takeover
With help from her best friend who also happens to be a Ninja.

Last edited:
Top Bottom