• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I had a dream yesterday about the Presents and it's contents.

One of which was a Unova remake, except the artsyle was like the beige style of the 1800s photographs
1800s-21805301-a957-4c77-9aeb-9afd34995f2d.jpg

And the other one was a Legends Game, but not Legends Z, but rather Legends Pikachu. Where the player learns how Pikachu biologically evolved into... modern Pikachu.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I actually like the idea that Legends Z-A takes place entirely within Lumiose city because I enjoy JRPGs that are primarily in cities like with Like A Dragon, Trails from Zero/Trails to Azure and Persona
It definitely gives it an unique identity. Only one other Pokemon gen took place primarily in an urban city and it's metropolitian area, and that was Gen 5. That was over 14 years ago.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
I actually like the idea that Legends Z-A takes place entirely within Lumiose city because I enjoy JRPGs that are primarily in cities like with Like A Dragon, Trails from Zero/Trails to Azure and Persona
It definitely gives it an unique identity. Only one other Pokemon gen took place primarily in an urban city and it's metropolitian area, and that was Gen 5. That was over 14 years ago.
While I enjoyed FFVII Remake, I did hope that Midgard was more of an open world you could explore at your own pace and anywhere you wanted. Instead of having smaller maps and such.

Hopefully Pokémon Legends Z-A delivers on that wish.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
My main concern about the game taking place entirely in Lumiose. Where are we going catch Pokémon? Kalos has a lot of diversity, are we expected all of them will be in one city?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
My main concern about the game taking place entirely in Lumiose. Where are we going catch Pokémon? Kalos has a lot of diversity, are we expected all of them will be in one city?
Based on the trailer I assume we’re expanding the city.

With these expansions comes new Mons to catch.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also, GameFreak can finally right their wrong and put the Three Musketeers Pokemon into the French region
Get ready for paradox Keldeo.

We learn the professors being sent through actually backfired and they wound up in the region neighboring Paldea.

More paradoxes escaped as the machine malfunctioned and now Zygarde is pissed. With these paradox mons threatening the existence of Kalos as a whole.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Looking at the map, there’s 5 big areas but when it cuts to this shot:
IMG_9943.jpeg

Each segment looks sort of split in two by the roads.

So I wonder if there’s 5 areas or 10 areas and we unlock access to them for doing different things.

Betting that regardless, final area is the catacombs and we will encounter a new legendary/mythical/paradox that poses a grand threat to the region. Requiring us to stop it

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Maybe the story is that a bunch of wild pokemon have swarmed the city and you have to stop it or something like that.
Or maybe the game isn't limited to JUST the city? It was just the most memorable landmark to show off in a trailer.

Unless they've said you'll be stuck in the city but IDK, that doesn't make sense to me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So do we have any idea what this means?

View attachment 385605
Pokémon are over thinking this I’m pretty sure.

It’s a joke that called back to the beginning.

The unowns were stupid and spelled Pokémon presents wrong.

Now when it’s time to go they were trying to say “see you?” Thinking it was over but the didn’t realize their was one final announcement.

But once again they failed kindergarten and couldn’t spell see you right lol

Noipoi

Howdy!
Or maybe the game isn't limited to JUST the city? It was just the most memorable landmark to show off in a trailer.

Unless they've said you'll be stuck in the city but IDK, that doesn't make sense to me.
So they’ve said the game takes place entirely in Lumiose City. HOWEVER, people are taking this to mean the whole game is confined to a 3DS sized map. Which I don’t think will be the case.

Have you ever been to a big city? It’s freakin huge, isn’t it? It’d take you days to explore it all. If they design the city to be a massive map there’d be more than enough to do. And it’s not like this is a new concept either, plenty of games have maps that are just one big city. And maybe a bit of the outskirts.

And they also mention that Lumiose City is underdeveloped, meaning some parts of it could be more natural and free to explore. I’m not entirely sure how exactly the map’s gonna look on this game, and I do have my concerns, but I think people are too quick to start doomposting.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So they’ve said the game takes place entirely in Lumiose City. HOWEVER, people are taking this to mean the whole game is confined to a 3DS sized map. Which I don’t think will be the case.

Have you ever been to a big city? It’s freakin huge, isn’t it? It’d take you days to explore it all. If they design the city to be a massive map there’d be more than enough to do. And it’s not like this is a new concept either, plenty of games have maps that are just one big city. And maybe a bit of the outskirts.

And they also mention that Lumiose City is underdeveloped, meaning some parts of it could be more natural and free to explore. I’m not entirely sure how exactly the map’s gonna look on this game, and I do have my concerns, but I think people are too quick to start doomposting.
IDK, pokemon in a city isn't as cool as pokemon in their natural habitats. Like... why would any of the pokemon in the Kalos dex just be running around a city? Have you been to a big city? The most wild animals you see are pigeons and rats. If you get lucky then there's a park with some squirrels and a few other kinds of bird and rodent. Maybe a pond with a fog or duck. It's not like they're gonna let you take a Pyroar from the zoo.

Now I'm sure they've found a way around this but it's still gonna be weird running into some of these pokemon "wild" just around the corner from a shop or apartment complex.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also if anyone doubts this is a switch 2 title:
IMG_9944.png

They previously just said worldwide.

However now it says simultaneously. With the switch logo in the top right, it stands to reason the switch 2 could have been in the top left.

This would explain the phrasing as it would be available same day on two different consoles, hence simultaneously.

Also means this game is March 2025, or November 2025. Giving them even more time to make it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Also if anyone doubts this is a switch 2 title:
View attachment 385606
They previously just said worldwide.

However now it says simultaneously. With the switch logo in the top right, it stands to reason the switch 2 could have been in the top left.

This would explain the phrasing as it would be available same day on two different consoles, hence simultaneously.

Also means this game is March 2025, or November 2025. Giving them even more time to make it.
I mean I never thought it wasn't gonna be a switch 2 title. I'm just wondering what Nintendo is gonna put out for christmas, cause it has to be something.

Also really not looking forward to having to buy a new switch. I like my switch just fine, and you know anything built for the switch 2 is gonna run like crap on previous gen hardware, even if it is cross-gen.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

So... Lumiose City is based off Paris since the real-world Paris was named the City of Light at the beginning of the nineteenth century after becoming the first city in Europe to use gas lighting to illuminate its streets.

Imagine if we get a Catacombs inspired underground...

Noipoi

Howdy!
IDK, pokemon in a city isn't as cool as pokemon in their natural habitats. Like... why would any of the pokemon in the Kalos dex just be running around a city? Have you been to a big city? The most wild animals you see are pigeons and rats. If you get lucky then there's a park with some squirrels and a few other kinds of bird and rodent. Maybe a pond with a fog or duck. It's not like they're gonna let you take a Pyroar from the zoo.

Now I'm sure they've found a way around this but it's still gonna be weird running into some of these pokemon "wild" just around the corner from a shop or apartment complex.
Y'know what, I actually agree in concept.

However, I'm sure they've thought of this too. I 100% believe it won't be as bad as people think.

Just gotta have faith :nifty:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Y'know what, I actually agree in concept.

However, I'm sure they've thought of this too. I 100% believe it won't be as bad as people think.

Just gotta have faith :nifty:
Yeah. I'll give it a shot if it means Mega Evolutions anyhow.

... I'm probably gonna pick up Scarlet with my next paycheck btw, unless someone in the next 48 hours tells me that the game has ever gone on sale in the past.

I was gonna go with Violet because I prefer Miraidon and Ceruledge, but I also prefer Professor Sada and the past paradoxes over Professor Turo and the future paradoxes so...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah. I'll give it a shot if it means Mega Evolutions anyhow.

... I'm probably gonna pick up Scarlet with my next paycheck btw, unless someone in the next 48 hours tells me that the game has ever gone on sale in the past.

I was gonna go with Violet because I prefer Miraidon and Ceruledge, but I also prefer Professor Sada and the past paradoxes over Professor Turo and the future paradoxes so...
If you want a Ceruledge, all you need is a Violet player to trade you the right armor.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If you want a Ceruledge, all you need is a Violet player to trade you the right armor.
That's good. I can work with that. Too bad there's no way around the Koraidon/Miraidon thing. I'm guessing even if you had one traded to you you can only use the one that comes with your game as a bike.

Noipoi

Howdy!
That's good. I can work with that. Too bad there's no way around the Koraidon/Miraidon thing. I'm guessing even if you had one traded to you you can only use the one that comes with your game as a bike.
Nah, you're stuck with Korai.

Which isn't even a problem because Koraidon is just red Toothless and Toothless is best boy.

tumblr_f7a0db27eb32248430891e50e28c0bce_c87ab755_540.jpg

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean I never thought it wasn't gonna be a switch 2 title. I'm just wondering what Nintendo is gonna put out for christmas, cause it has to be something.

Also really not looking forward to having to buy a new switch. I like my switch just fine, and you know anything built for the switch 2 is gonna run like crap on previous gen hardware, even if it is cross-gen.
Paper Mario or Luigi’s mansion probably.

Likely the former as it would be a big seller. Maybe they shadow drop a random game for the holiday season on Twitter one day.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So King Kong, it was "beauty who killed the beast" huh, well then let's prove that by having him fight the woman from "Attack of the 50-Foot Woman" (the original Kong is only 50 feet tall himself).

Top Bottom