• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I was really excited for a Unova legends game, but the region didn’t necessarily need it. Gen 5 is probably the most complete Gen on its own.

Kalos needed this. By far the region with the most untapped potential.
Besides, it's not like we're never gonna get a Legends Unova game. We're just gonna have to wait a few more years

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
In non Pokémon news:

Someone has created something called Gamescent, which uses AI to release real smells while you play games.

…yes I’m serious

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Definitely King Kong Escapes. It's campy but in a good fun way.

As for Godzilla. Definitely the entire Heisei Era notably Godzilla vs. Destoroyah. And most definitely watch GMK. If you can't find it online most certainly watch Minus One otherwise just wait until it streams in good quality of picking it up on disc.

You going to be seeing The New Empire?
yes. I will.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm going through the trailer, and here are all the pokemon I can see. Bold are for ones that aren't Gen 6 Pokemon or didn't get megas - therefore, their inclusion is much more intresting. I'll include pictures for dicier ones.

• Pikachu (okay this one isn't too weird)
  • Litleo/Pyroar
  • Furfrou
  • Flabebe
  • Klefki
  • Pretty sure this is just a fletchling, but it could be Spearow.
    1709049702894.png
  • Dragonair
  • Staryu
  • This thing that is way too small to make out
    1709049777131.png
  • Gyarados/Magikarp
  • Hawlucha
  • Furret?
    1709049849715.png
  • Arbok
  • Gogoat
  • Emolga
  • Solrock inspired architecture
    1709049939835.png
  • Sylveon/Eevee
  • Aegislash
  • Krookodile/Salandit
  • Heracross
  • Raichu
  • Bellsprout
  • Onix
  • This thing (might be espurr, might be a human)
    1709050123622.png
  • Kangaskahn?
    1709050164448.png
  • Something hanging on the wall?
    1709050248589.png

Noipoi

Howdy!
Honestly I always felt like Unova was the last game that’d get a remake, at least for now. I could maybe see them remaking XY, but after that I couldn’t see them redoing Sun/Moon or Sword/Shield.

Unova will have its moment in Gen 10. Until then I guess they figured a new Legends game would be a good time for Kalos to finally get fleshed out.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Honestly I always felt like Unova was the last game that’d get a remake, at least for now. I could maybe see them remaking XY, but after that I couldn’t see them redoing Sun/Moon or Sword/Shield.

Unova will have its moment in Gen 10. Until then I guess they figured a new Legends game would be a good time for Kalos to finally get fleshed out.
I legitimately don't see how a Sword and Shield remake could work at all. They'd have to completely redesign the game for it to be even remotely acceptable

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
New Project Voltage song, “Journey’s Prequels, Journey’s Traces” by iyowa ft. Miku:

This is very cute! It focuses on a little Miku and her Pichu.

Actually you’re right….

This game isn’t set in modern day.

The trailer says redevelopment of the city. That means it already exists as it was in XY.

They are turning the city the in a futuristic almost dystopian design.

The terrarium was 100% a test for that. We for sure get areas like that for Pokémon to naturally coexist in this future environment.
What if the current Lumiose is the redeveloped one, and it previously got ruined during the war? They could just be making it much larger for this game. Being set in the future would be cool too, though, I guess I’m just wanting to see more of what went on around the war’s time xD

Also, on the topic of Megas, I hope Raichu gets one. Maybe it could be inspired by the scrapped Gorochu?

Reactions: Z25

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I said I'll be taking a break from Pokémon this year. This news confirms I won't have to go back on my word and also that the return to Pokémon is gonna be insane

Top Bottom