• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jotadé

Smash Ace
The child inside me feels a lot of relief now that Pokémon Z finally got revealed. I remember the old days when we got excited about Zygarde being a surprise Pokémon in X and Y and what could imply for the lore... Just so they didn't do much besides a new transformation in Sun and Moon with It.

I feel kinda emotional for having lived this moment, ngl.
0846ff4e-5a19-4ae5-814f-3dae3fa97012_text.gif

Also unrelated... But I liked the pacing of this Pokémon Presents waaaaaaay better than the last ones? The mobile stuff went past really quickly and with a good format, and It was all direct to the point without a narration repeating literally what we just saw. Hopefully they keep this format for future ones.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
In terms of what Mons will appear, the only ones I’m guessing are all Gen 6 mons plus Eevee and Pikachu.

Which means…

Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo I think Pumpkaboo is making a comeback.
Legends Arceus threw in quite a few Pokémon not native to Kalos. With it being a hub for travelers, would not be that out there for there to be more Pokémon.

Plus there’s going to be regionals and new megas most likely.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
This is for ME. I got into Pokémon a decade ago with Pokémon Y and Kalos has been the most underexplored region for years, we've been waiting over a decade for all of the unresolved plot threads to pay off which is wild to think about.

And I can finally use my favorite Pokémon in another game :ultgreninja: And this time it's a Legends game too

****, I'm so excited

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Tease Unova all through the Indigo DIsk
Tease Johto all throughout the Presents itself (Literally every trailer has something to do with a Johto Pokemon, not to mention the Unown segments)
It's actually Pokemon Z

Gamefreak, masters of the unexpected :yoshi:
It’s funny as hell that they threw all of johto into this presentation and went “sike”

But also this 100% was meant to be revealed for switch 2 and Nintendo delayed that announcement. So Gamefreak was like “uh what do we do now guys”.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
But also this 100% was meant to be revealed for switch 2 and Nintendo delayed that announcement. So Gamefreak was like “uh what do we do now guys”.
You sure about that?

Switch logo on the top right.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Legends Arceus threw in quite a few Pokémon not native to Kalos. With it being a hub for travelers, would not be that out there for there to be more Pokémon.

Plus there’s going to be regionals and new megas most likely.
Yeah that’s a good point. I started with the Gen 6 mons since Arceus had all Gen 4 mons plus their families.

The only other mons I can see making it are the Megas introduced in X and Y (minus Latias and Latios) and any mon that got the Fairy type in Gen 6.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also I said it not too long ago, but I never doubted megas would be back sooner then later. They put them into every other game.

Gamefreak clearly didn’t forget about them and wanted to do more. Let’s not forget they have plenty of unused designs too.

Like mega Jynx and Mega Flygon. Very likely they revisit those concepts in this game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Lastly Khu has absolutely nothing for this presents right.

Considering he missed a few things in the DLC, they got his source for sure.

Definitely be careful of future posts by him as they won’t be as reliable.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Will we see Az and finally be able to obtain his Floette? Maybe?
Well he did at the end of XY, but I’m all for them retconing the story and doing more with AZ in general. Surprised this is not a game set during the war actually.
Fellas... You think the Kalos starters might potentially get megas?
There’s actually great setup for this. Have the normal starters being from different regions. Then early in they give the traditional Kalos ones like how we got Kanto ones in XY.

They get megas and the game ignores why they never had them in XY to begin with lol

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
As someone pointed out on Reddit, Furfrou is likely going to be in, with trims.

This would leave the following 11 mons in Home purgatory:

Alolan Ratatta line
Spinda
Watchog line
The elemental monkeys

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I can’t see it being just the city. But if it is, that’s a weird choice. How does that even work actually.
Pokemon towns/cities/routes are always tiny in the games compared to the anime, maybe it'll be based on the anime version?

Top Bottom