• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Shroob Shroob is gonna snap one of these days due to both his age and the embeds…unless Nintendo saves him tomorrow morning

Shroob

Sup?
Shroob Shroob is gonna snap one of these days due to both his age and the embeds…unless Nintendo saves him tomorrow morning
Or we all post the Partner Direct at the same time and ruin his day
FR tho, hopefully Youtube's fixed this bug cause holy **** it's annoying trying to browse Youtube itself and as much as touching a video thumbnail with my mouse causes it to start lmao.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
GG0stqGaIAA6pQ223.png
GG0sxW-3.png

In other Pokemon news, Scarlet (Manga) continues to make the case for being the best new character of Gen 9 as a whole. She's in a state of perpetual rage and I love it. Pairing her with the battle-happy Nemona is amazing. The only negative, if you can call it that, is that the Mangakan decided to throw out series tradition and gave her Purple Eyes instead of Red.

Also the Authors clearly have another agenda for pairing the two of them...
GG0sxW-a4AA9YYb3.png

Funny thing is, she hasn't even met the the flamboyant Male protagonist just yet. Scarlet's taking on Victory Road and hunting down the Treasures of Ruin, while Violet is taking on Path of Legends & Starfall Street.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Not sure what to expect for this Partner Showcase; I feel like it's too soon for any of the Microsoft reveals that they discussed last week, but I could be wrong. (maybe they had these planned well in advance) I feel like there's going to be a handful of reveals that I like, but most of them, I won't feel too strongly one way or the other.

(maybe we could get an announcement for a second volume of the MGS collection, with Peace Walker, MGS4, and MGS5, but I doubt it)

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
For those who have not seen it yet...

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Rumble was on the Direct. Looks like that leaker was right.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Question, should I include regional games on Switch Online in the post direct poll?

Japan is getting Mother 3 while other regions are getting some Rare games.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Penny's Big Breakaway coming out today and the SNES versions of Killer Instinct and Battletoads coming to the Switch today are nice. (Blast Corps. is also good, but it's not enough to sell me on the more expensive version of the Switch's online), but nothing else from the showcase really wowed me.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Just finished watching the Nintendo Direct Partner Showcase and there were a couple of games that interest me which include Gundam Breaker 4, Epic Mickey Remaster as well as those Rare titles heading to Nintendo Switch Online (even though I was hoping for a port of Rare Replay or Diddy Kong Racing to hit Nintendo Switch Online.)

Dukefire

Smash Master
Not excited, but not boring. At least I can try Penny's Big Breakaway today. Also, for coping, here is a cute pony video to melt them away.
There is an f word at the end as a countermeasure from Youtube kids marking the video. Animation is for everyone

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
My stupid morning brain was stuck between thinking it was either an Epic Mickey remaster or a remaster of that really strange Mickey's Magic Mirror game made by Capcom on the GameCube.
thumb-39973.jpg

Game got weirdly creepy at times. Also apparently Shigeru Miyamoto was a producer on it?

Anyway, cool that Epic Mickey seems like it's getting another chance after the second one bombed.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Also wow, a good Rare game on NSO and people ******** about Mother 3, amazing
Just the other day I watched the iconic "come on Reggie, give us Mother 3!" Skit from E3 2014 and thought "haha, funni"

That skit is from a decade ago and I deadass thought we were over this

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, if the fan-translation didn't exist and the Switch was region locked I would understand people being bothered about the news.

Buuuuuuut... The fan translation exists EVEN in spanish and the Switch isn't region-locked, so at this point you can literally play Mother 3 legally by making a japanese account and understand the story through the fan translation. You are supporting both the fan-community and Nintendo's and Itoi's potential interest on the franchise that way.

So yeah, not mad or anything. Will be funny to see the memes and ****posts online doh.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Just saw the direct, It was pretty okay but then they had that ****ING BATTLEFRONT COLLECTION HOLY ****ING ****

ALSO HOW COULD I FORGET A ****ING EPIC MICKEY REMAKE

If nintendo answered my prayers for MUA4 I would have gotten a bingo

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
some interesting stuff

I did not expect a World of Goo sequel, definitely gonna get that. I loved the original game, I’m surprised a sequel is coming so many years later xD

Epic Mickey remake is awesome, Rare games are cool. No Mother 3 in the west is disappointing, but I guess it’s to be expected. I got the fan translation, at least, and at least it gets to live on over in Japan.

Another Crab’s Treasure and that platforming drilling game seem cool, not sure if I’ll get them though. Penny’s Big Breakaway, too.

Endless Ocean is also cool, might get it sometime just because I like marine life. I didn’t play the original games. Not 100% sure if I’ll like the gameplay, but exploring on its own can be fun so maybe.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah honestly typing that sentence probably made some of my hairs go grey and I'm only 23

Man
Mother 3 fans be like "Ooooh I love this game's writing, it wouldn't be the same without Itoi's vision" and then proceed to ignore the whole "CAPITALISM IS BAD HOLY ****" theming and beg that they may spend money on product

Top Bottom