• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
OK... so one thing. But still. Having that be an option in the female playthrough, which I assume is all it ever was, an option that you only had in the female playthrough, does not effect the content from the original game they want to be accurate to.

Like... adding stuff that wasn't there is fine changing/removing stuff that was there to begin with isn't. And considering this stuff was already in a version of the game that everyone loves, why not bring it back?

Like seriously. Is there any real reason to play Reloaded over Portable when it's just going to not have some of the Persona 3 content because of this... i guess you can call it dogma.
besides the better gameplay, there’s also the additional conversations that can be had that add onto the story for Shinjiro and especially Strega. The music remixes also help, as does the social links (confidants still a better name) all being fully dubbed

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
besides the better gameplay, there’s also the additional conversations that can be had that add onto the story for Shinjiro and especially Strega. The music remixes also help, as does the social links (confidants still a better name) all being fully dubbed
But they're just refusing to add on something that was part of the original game, or at least a version of the original game, because they want to be accurate to a different version?

************ why can't you just be accurate to ALL the versions?!?

I need to calm down before I get banned again.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
But they're just refusing to add on something that was part of the original game, or at least a version of the original game, because they want to be accurate to a different version?

************ why can't you just be accurate to ALL the versions?!?

I need to calm down before I get banned again.
FeMC is just treated weird.

Male MC in P3 is the canonical main character of 3, and the one all the games refer back to in games like the Arena games(Which, yes, are canon), whereas FeMC is just kinda, there in the Labyrinth games.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
FeMC is just treated weird.

Male MC in P3 is the canonical main character of 3, and the one all the games refer back to in games like the Arena games(Which, yes, are canon), whereas FeMC is just kinda, there in the Labyrinth games.
So far I haven't heard a single valid reason why they aren't doing it. Like, Atlus being weird is not a valid reason because they shouldn't "be weird". At least not in this sense. And I don't know why everyone else is so "cest la vive" about it. Honestly I think that's why I'm getting so upset, it feels like all the anger this topic should be eliciting is just in me.

If other people were like "yeah, it's dumb. They're being dumb and should just do it". Then the anger would spread out and I'd probably be calmer. But I guess my subconscious is making me pump out a communities worth of rage from one person because everyone else is like "that's just how it is, atlus gonna atlus!". Like no! Be slightly perturbed! Complain! At least a little!

Shroob

Sup?
So far I haven't heard a single valid reason why they aren't doing it. Like, Atlus being weird is not a valid reason because they shouldn't "be weird". At least not in this sense. And I don't know why everyone else is so "cest la vive" about it. Honestly I think that's why I'm getting so upset, it feels like all the anger this topic should be eliciting is just in me.

If other people were like "yeah, it's dumb. They're being dumb and should just do it". Then the anger would spread out and I'd probably be calmer. But I guess my subconscious is making me pump out a communities worth of rage from one person because everyone else is like "that's just how it is, atlus gonna atlus!". Like no! Be slightly perturbed! Complain! At least a little!
I mean, no one saying it shouldn't be there. Yeah, I think it should.

But they've also said "We're not doing it" so..... screaming into the void ain't my style.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, no one saying it shouldn't be there. Yeah, I think it should.

But they've also said "We're not doing it" so..... screaming into the void ain't my style.
If enough people scream into the void, the void might scream back. It has happened before.

And I'm not even asking for screaming. I'm asking for idle chatter. Expression of discomfort instead of just acceptance of the status quo.

Noipoi

Howdy!

You can think it’s dumb all you want but don’t try and singlehandedly produce the anger of an entire Reddit sub.

It doesn’t sound very healthy, it’d 100% be annoying, and probably get you banned again :nifty:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You can think it’s dumb all you want but don’t try and singlehandedly produce the anger of an entire Reddit sub.

It doesn’t sound very healthy, it’d 100% be annoying, and probably get you banned again :nifty:
I'm not doing it on purpose. Halfway through that post I just started psychoanalyzing myself trying to figure out why I was so upset. You're right, I shouldn't do it. But I don't think it's healthy for lots of other people to just be like "this thing that's not really good just is "the way things are" so why express any discomfort over it being the case". I'm not saying people should become keyboard warriors over every inconvenience but like... I think it's better to talk about how something isn't OK, even if you have no power to change it, rather than just repeating "that's just how things are" in all it's various forms.

KillerCage

Smash Master
So like, is the switch port of Nier good?

Or just in general, is the game good?

Cause all I know about it is 2Booty. :dr^_^:
Are you talking about Nier Automata?

If so, then I can say it's very good with the DLC packaged with the Switch port.
Any graphical blemishes I did see were present in previous releases.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm not doing it on purpose. Halfway through that post I just started psychoanalyzing myself trying to figure out why I was so upset. You're right, I shouldn't do it. But I don't think it's healthy for lots of other people to just be like "this thing that's not really good just is "the way things are" so why express any discomfort over it being the case". I'm not saying people should become keyboard warriors over every inconvenience but like... I think it's better to talk about how something isn't OK, even if you have no power to change it, rather than just repeating "that's just how things are" in all it's various forms.
Well if people aren’t making a stink about it, maybe it isn’t that they’re resigning themselves to fate or whatever. Maybe they just don’t really care?

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I've been testing the stuff with YouTube video player resolution going weird. I turned off my adblocker at one point when it was being strange, and the resolution turned back to normal, then when I turned it back off, it was normal for a little bit, but the resolution went weird again.

If YouTube is making the website garbage to look at if you have an adblocker installed, then that's scummy as ****.

Shroob

Sup?
Snake, I'm 32, going on 33, years old.

I got more important things to worry about other than a game not putting content from a re-release in it.

Would it have been nice to have it? Yeah, for sure, but at the end of the day, is it that big an issue? :drshrug:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Snake, I'm 32, going on 33, years old.

I got more important things to worry about other than a game not putting content from a re-release in it.

Would it have been nice to have it? Yeah, for sure, but at the end of the day, is it that big an issue? :drshrug:
I'm not saying to make a big stink. I'm just saying to say that is stinks when it bothers you rather than just resigning yourself to fate.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Brie Larson casually being deep into Tears of the Kingdom while also getting to play Princess Peach Showtime continues to add cred and respect points onto her resume

also this large ass photo of her with Peach
1708487481810.jpeg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It just occurred to me that Platinum should have been the name of the third game of Gen 2 (Gold/Silver) and Crystal should have been the name of the third game in Gen 4 (Diamond/Pearl). They got them backwards on accident.

Top Bottom