• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
They weren't kidding about the new Pokemon Masters update. Holy crap is this a large update, easily the largest since the game launched. At least a half year of new content all at once. I don't even know where to begin beyond there being at least 16 new units.

Trainer Lounge is looking like a meatier version of the Tea Parties from Fire Emblem. :ultbylethf:

Reactions: Z25

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah David’s career is done, they are getting him out of there asap, and I’m going enjoying the show.
Better enjoy that show cause you can't enjoy Batgirl, Mao Mao, Close Enough or Uncle Grandpa...or Victor and Valentino, or Batman Caped Crusader or Jellystone, or OK KO.....

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Arcanir Arcanir apparently the trainers lodge gives new sync pairs and a certain someone has a new alt( sort of, there’s no new outfit)

Just saw it and downloaded the update.

Really looking forward to getting N and Sigilyph. He was one of the more memorable N Pokemon and it seems like his moveset is pretty good, so I can't wait to pick him up. I'll also try to get May and Silver's, though from what I'm hearing all of them are pretty decent.

Reactions: Z25

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Batgirl is most likely going to suck. It'd be no big loss, don't get what the big deal is over it never coming to see the light of day.
You treat it like it's someone who just passed away...

It's just a movie lol. The fact it'll suck isn't a big loss.

Actual blood, sweat and tears would be for movies like classics like Jaws, Jurassic Park, Rocky films, etc. and modern movies like The Batman, Top Gun: Maverick, Joker, etc.
And if I had to be honest. Most movies today just don't hold up to the candle as movies back then did.

Movies back then had actual blood, sweat and tears put into them as opposed to most today.

When practical effects were more common notably using actual vehicles like in Speed (1994). Or Jaws with the animatronic shark.

Everything mostly nowadays relies on CGI. God forbid can't still do practical effects which have proven to be more effective making things real.
Everyone already said everything that needed to be said so I'll keep it brief.

It's completely obvious to me that you never once had to make something you put your heart into under pressure from above. When I was in 12th grade I made a 15 minute long film for my film class that I wrote, directed, produced, starred in a double role, shot whenever I wasn't needed on screen, AND edited. Now, obviously as a student film, it's no masterpiece, and the more I get away from the process of making it, the more I can see it. But I will never not be proud of the work I did on it, all the while trying to juggle my other school commitments, which were a LOT.

Batgirl had way more people working on it and was probably more professional overall, and all of their work got tossed out. It doesn't matter how good or bad the movie would've been, it probably stings beyond belief.

But you wouldn't know how that feels. All you care about is whether or not the movie is up to the arbitrary standards you have for films. The lack of empathy this shows is actually astounding. I hope you get to make a movie one day and get a proper wake-up call

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I missed the convo about the Warner Discovery cancelling stuff last night (don't eat chilli before bed kids) I'll quote Michael here and throw my cents quickly. Everyone has said what needs to be said.

And if I had to be honest. Most movies today just don't hold up to the candle as movies back then did.

Movies back then had actual blood, sweat and tears put into them as opposed to most today.

When practical effects were more common notably using actual vehicles like in Speed (1994). Or Jaws with the animatronic shark.

Everything mostly nowadays relies on CGI. God forbid can't still do practical effects which have proven to be more effective making things real.
Dude have you ever completed anything creative in your life? It's one of the most amazing feelings ever to create something. Now imagine working so hard as a career in it then getting it taken away from you cause higher ups don't like the direction of the company.
Your honestly just being a bit rude cause you're an elitist in films or something, you don't understand those feelings.

Soul-crushing, losing the will to live, world ****ing me. That's how everyone (and you forgot there are here who creates) would be like if they lost everything of theirs.

Everyone already said everything that needed to be said so I'll keep it brief.

It's completely obvious to me that you never once had to make something you put your heart into under pressure from above. When I was in 12th grade I made a 15 minute long film for my film class that I wrote, directed, produced, starred in a double role, shot whenever I wasn't needed on screen, AND edited. Now, obviously as a student film, it's no masterpiece, and the more I get away from the process of making it, the more I can see it. But I will never not be proud of the work I did on it, all the while trying to juggle my other school commitments, which were a LOT.

Batgirl had way more people working on it and was probably more professional overall, and all of their work got tossed out. It doesn't matter how good or bad the movie would've been, it probably stings beyond belief.

But you wouldn't know how that feels. All you care about is whether or not the movie is up to the arbitrary standards you have for films. The lack of empathy this shows is actually astounding. I hope you get to make a movie one day and get a proper wake-up call
When you go from consumer to creator it changes so much of your perspective on things.

Some people think they watch 100 films and call themselves a licensed film critic. /s

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
When you go from consumer to creator it changes so much of your perspective on things.

Some people think they watch 100 films and call themselves a licensed film critic.
You say "film critic" but I don't think I've ever seen Mike here engage with a film critically. Usually he'll just parrot other, more critical viewpoints from around the internet or just say "giant monster cool"

Dutch Raikuna

You say "film critic" but I don't think I've ever seen Mike here engage with a film critically. Usually he'll just parrot other, more critical viewpoints from around the internet or just say "giant monster cool"
I should have put the /s there.

"Usually he'll just parrot other, more critical viewpoints from around the internet"

This so much to people in general. Its easy to take a quick sharp viewpoint and use it like that but I'm not really a fan of parroting.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wonder why Michael "I hate women and minorities," the Spikester thinks a movie made by two directors of Moroccan descent and starring a Latina actress as a superheroine, sucks without it being released.

Truly, a mystery for ages.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I should have put the /s there.

"Usually he'll just parrot other, more critical viewpoints from around the internet"

This so much to people in general. Its easy to take a quick sharp viewpoint and use it like that but I'm not really a fan of parroting.
Agreed, it’s so lazy to co-sign someone else’s opinion. I’m just not a fan of parroting

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Not even 5 seconds into the vid and bro is talking about Woke Hollywood.

Saved y'all a click

Media Literacy is dead
View attachment 359428
That channel and its comments section are awful and toxic which is why I stay away from them knowing that all they do is spread nothing but hatred on a subject/topic that goes against their agenda/narrative.

This is what best describes them whenever they speak or wrote anything:

Anyways, I recently watched this:

This was taken from last year's DC Fandome and having watched this, I could see the same passion, vision and excitement that Adil and Billal both adapted when they were filming Ms. Marvel and it really stings to see all of that extinguished and especially to all those who had worked very hard throughout the production gone to waste.

The same can also be applied to the cancelled "Scoob" animated sequel too in which like Batgirl, I feel sorry for them to see all their work gone down the drain .

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
****ing me. That's how everyone (and you forgot there are here who creates) would be like if they lost everything of theirs.

Some people think they watch 100 films and call themselves a licensed film critic. /s
Nostalgia Critic

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm just sitting in a corner finding it funny that nobody knew a Batgirl movie was coming until it was cancelled.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Got a sketch dump of a few fighting game characters for you guys this time around. I went for a more stylized approach for this set.

osby

Smash Obsessed
She was the only one fitting enough to be the last. Enjoy:

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Megami race:

1661441982994.png

“I am Megami Izanami. At the Slope of the Underworld, I learned the fickleness of the heart. Tell me, son of man, am I wrong about your kind?”

Alignment: Light-Law

Origin: Japanese mythology. Izanami-no-Mikoto is a Shinto mother goddess who symbolizes both creation and death. Her name means “she who invites.” After heaven and earth were formed, Izanami and her brother Izanagi married and created the Japanese archipelago by using a jeweled heavenly spear to churn the sea. Their marriage was successful and Izanami gave birth to a myriad of gods from their relationship but perished after birthing a fire god burned her.

Her husband went to the Land of the Dead to bring her back even though Izanami had already eaten the fruits of the underworld and could not go back up. However, after breaking his promise to not look at her, he saw Izanami’s rotten visage. He cried out and ran away in fear, as Izanami chased him away with the creatures of the underworld. Izanagi managed to get away and barricaded the Yomotsuhirosaka with a boulder, dividing the dead from the living.

Angry and betrayed, Izanami cursed Izanagi and told him that she would destroy 1,000 living humans every day if he left her, to which Izanagi responded by saying he would give life to 1,500 people in return. The couple was separated irrecoverably. Izanagi cleansed himself from the filth of the underworld and gave birth to the sun and moon in the process, while Izanami became the Grand Deity of Yomi, ruling over the underworld as its queen.

Skills: Narukami, Mamudobarion, Samarecarm

Izanami is the namesake of the Megami Tensei series as a whole, just like the 1986 novel Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei which served as an origin for the video games. Megami Tensei, or Goddess Metempsychosis, refers to Izanami being reborn in the body of a high school student to have another go at mending her relationship with Izanagi. True to this starting point, Izanami has appeared in various roles throughout the years, mostly as a supporting character in the early games while being relegated to cameo roles in later ones with her biggest appearance in years probably being in Persona 4.

Her modern design comes from an unused demon in SMT Nine and was used in later games. It’s probably one of the most striking looks for a demon inspired by the Shinto lore. The purple carvings around her body symbolize the maggots that feed on her dead flesh, while the ceremonial ropes represent purification. Combined with the serene look on her face, the implication is that this is an Izanami who made peace with her past and became a goddess comfortable in her role. Even if she died, she was able to be reborn as someone new, therefore nailing in the reincarnation theme of her character in Megami Tensei.

I've been doing these for 9 months, by the way. Crazy.

Dukefire

Smash Master
A little heads up, you can go ahead and boot up Splatoon 3 world premiere, but you only have access to vote your team and roam the new hub. Turf wars of course will be active once Saturday arrives.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

View attachment 359523

“I am Megami Izanami. At the Slope of the Underworld, I learned the fickleness of the heart. Tell me, son of man, am I wrong about your kind?”

Origin: Japanese mythology. Izanami-no-Mikoto is a Shinto mother goddess who symbolizes both creation and death. Her name means “she who invites.” After heaven and earth were formed, Izanami and her brother Izanagi married and created the Japanese archipelago by using a jeweled heavenly spear to churn the sea. Their marriage was successful and Izanami gave birth to a myriad of gods from their relationship but perished after birthing a fire god burned her.

Her husband went to the Land of the Dead to bring her back even though Izanami had already eaten the fruits of the underworld and could not go back up. However, after breaking his promise to not look at her, he saw Izanami’s rotten visage. He cried out and ran away in fear, as Izanami chased him away with the creatures of the underworld. Izanagi managed to get away and barricaded the Yomotsuhirosaka with a boulder, dividing the dead from the living.

Angry and betrayed, Izanami cursed Izanagi and told him that she would destroy 1,000 living humans every day if he left her, to which Izanagi responded by saying he would give life to 1,500 people in return. The couple was separated irrecoverably. Izanagi cleansed himself from the filth of the underworld and gave birth to the sun and moon in the process, while Izanami became the Grand Deity of Yomi, ruling over the underworld as its queen.

Izanami is the namesake of the Megami Tensei series as a whole, just like the 1986 novel Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei which served as an origin for the video games. Megami Tensei, or Goddess Metempsychosis, refers to Izanami being reborn in the body of a high school student to have another go at mending her relationship with Izanagi. True to this starting point, Izanami has appeared in various roles throughout the years, mostly as a supporting character in the early games while being relegated to cameo roles in later ones with her biggest appearance in years probably being in Persona 4.

Her modern design comes from an unused demon in SMT Nine and was used in later games. It’s probably one of the most striking looks for a demon inspired by the Shinto lore. The purple carvings around her body symbolize the maggots that feed on her dead flesh, while the ceremonial ropes represent purification. Combined with the serene look on her face, the implication is that this is an Izanami who made peace with her past and became a goddess comfortable in her role. Even if she died, she was able to be reborn as someone new, therefore nailing in the reincarnation theme of her character in Megami Tensei.

Nico Robin

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I jusy wanna post this and say that there isn't a coincidence that the vast majority of shows leaving HBO Max are either queer media or minority led media. 13 minority execs have been fired and far more of lower standing have been fired as well with the shows they're responsible for being deleted

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I jusy wanna post this and say that there isn't a coincidence that the vast majority of shows leaving HBO Max are either queer media or minority led media. 13 minority execs have been fired and far more of lower standing have been fired as well with the shows they're responsible for being deleted
Ahhh so they hate queer people and are recist.
Now it make more sense
Im so shocked

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ahhh so they hate queer people and are recist.
Now it make more sense
Im so shocked
20220825_120417.jpg

FYI that 42.2% of America would fall under that diverse category, and that number is growing at a rapid pace. So it's a good thing WBD decides to delete all that and pander to old ass boomers.

Noipoi

Howdy!

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

View attachment 359523

And now that you’re finished I will start my daily series on the designs of every single Pokémon.

I’m sure it won’t take long :4pacman:

Dutch Raikuna

View attachment 359531
FYI that 42.2% of America would fall under that diverse category, and that number is growing at a rapid pace. So it's a good thing WBD decides to delete all that and pander to old ass boomers.
They saying goodbye Batgirl for Duck Dynasty and it's 10 spinoffs in the making.

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo 2 for the women.

Noipoi

Howdy!
What they mean by middle America.

HBO really fell off, goddamn.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Doesn't surprise me at all considering this whole fiasco began with them deleting the latina woman led superhero movie while insisting on latching onto the white male* led film whose star is a notorious criminal.

* - I'm aware that Ezra Miller is non-binary and goes by they/them, but the character of Barry Allen is still a white dude

Dutch Raikuna

So I was gonna say that Duck Dynasty has been off the for for years...

But huh I guess they're making a comeback now, returning to TV and all
I just threw out some bull**** example of TV.

The low key reality TV for something random. Deadliest Catch or something as an example.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'd actually be into that but I'm sure Gen 10 would come before you finish it.
Not including alt forms nor the rest of ScarVio it would take 2.5 years to get it done. If Noi were to factor in the alt forms, it'll take over 2.7 years. Let's say ScarVio adds 100 new mons for its dex, then it'll be over 3 years. We'd be getting a remake, possible a new Legends game, and Gen 10 by then. Bro would not be done until he's like 24-25.

Yes I did the math, don't judge

Last edited:
Top Bottom