• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I honestly feel like if 06 had more time in the oven so writing could be worked on, Elise would've had real potential.

Apparently I just really like the Sonic characters everyone hates. And also Amy, but even SHE'S contentious. :4pacman:

Noipoi

Howdy!
You guys wanna see my latest Sonic fanfic chapter?
No. I will post my Sonic fanfiction.

Shadow falls in love with a beautiful and kind and gentle and patient and clumsy and innocent and sexy monism who brings him back from the edge of darkness.

But Black Doom also thinks she’s beautiful and kind and gentle and patient and clumsy and innocent and sexy, and he wants her for himself.

Truly, this is a love story for the ages.

She’s a sheep.

Her name is Mary Ewe :nifty:

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Honestly, Elise is an enigma. On one hand she’s just a textbook chess-piece character with no agency of her own and only moves where the plot tells her to go. On the other, she does practically everything in her power to keep Sonic away from the actual meat of the story to the point where his biggest contribution to the plot is getting stabbed in the back and killed.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Honestly, Elise is an enigma. On one hand she’s just a textbook chess-piece character with no agency of her own and only moves where the plot tells her to go. On the other, she does practically everything in her power to keep Sonic away from the actual meat of the story to the point where his biggest contribution to the plot is getting stabbed in the back and killed.
Which is a representation of how the games have fallen ever since the rocky transition to 3D and highlight that Sonic was really never good. 😤

am i a reviewer yet :004:

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sonic is amazing! I always go there for their Coney dogs, cheesy tots, and slushies.

...what do you mean that isn't the Sonic we're talking about?
When I was a kid I went to Sonic and got a grilled cheese.

They gave me an uncooked sandwich comprised of two pieces of white bread and a kraft single, wrapped in aluminum foil. It didn't even stick together.

Tasted like disappointment.

KillerCage

Smash Master
And if I had to be honest. Most movies today just don't hold up to the candle as movies back then did.

Movies back then had actual blood, sweat and tears put into them as opposed to most today.

When practical effects were more common notably using actual vehicles like in Speed (1994). Or Jaws with the animatronic shark.

Everything mostly nowadays relies on CGI. God forbid can't still do practical effects which have proven to be more effective making things real.
This is why I think before I type and post!

Sure movies are not as good as what came before, but they are still pieces of art built from blood, sweat, and time.
To dismiss all of that hard work because you think they all suck?
That is arrogant, mean-spirited, and tone-deaf.
I

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Last time I had Sonic, I had a a jumbo hotdog. All my friends made fuj if me for stuffing it down in one bite, laughed their asses off. Yeah ok may have been embarrassing then but karma got to you Saul when you didn't see the open manhole right in front of you. The glizzy gobbler still alive but you ain't so who's laughing now huh, HUH?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Apparently they only have enough money to release two films this year, Black Adam and Don’t Worry Darling

EDIT: didn’t realize this was posted already
it’s sad how WB…d…is the first major company to somehow lose the money to put movies in theaters, while Disney, Paramount, Sony, and Comcast (through Universal) are all thriving
Big DCEU films is what WBD is looking for, which is why Batgirl got cancelles and that Batman animated film got put on hold but the Flash did not. They want the cash. Now what stopped them from canning Ezra is a mystery but hey they to locate the absolute worst PR for a film nobody wants to see anymore because WBD is a stupid ****ing company
they probably think hiding the controversy as badly as possible (and an “apology”) will solve their problems and make them billions

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

This Phantom Rush ability seems ****ing kick ass, though the Phantom part of the name makes me wonder of the theory about Sage being related to the Phantom Ruby is true

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I personally enjoy With Me and Live Life more but all of the vocal tracks in Black Knight are GOATed actually.
game had no right to take the music to the extreme levels of awesome
Black Knight was one of those games where it was great in every way except the part where you actually play it.
and it was all worth it in the end

Dukefire

Smash Master
I think when the Phantom Ruby brought sonic to these mysterious islands and sage, its power may have been absorbed into sonic due to reality warping.

Remember that the Chaos Emerald's power are countered due to the ruby's hax powers to bypass invincibility. So, fighting fire with fire might be the best bet, but not without risks.
Screenshot_20220824-232349_YouTube.jpg

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think when the Phantom Ruby brought sonic to these mysterious islands and sage, its power may have been absorbed into sonic due to reality warping.

Remember that the Chaos Emerald's power are countered due to the ruby's hax powers to bypass invincibility. So, fighting fire with fire might be the best bet, but not without risks.
View attachment 359515
Legit insane how we're actually getting shonen anime Sonic back, it's been so long and Roger getting actual direction may finally give us the tone of SA2 and Black Knight again

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The fact that Roger Craig Smith has voiced Ezio, Chris Redfield, Batman, and even effin Daigo Dojima in Yakuza 7 and yet some Sonic fans claimed he was a terrible voice actor always irked me. Dude was just never given a chance to shine in the character.

Top Bottom