• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Dukefire

Smash Master
I didn't see anything wrong with Green Hill being reused. It is just popular to throw oh sega reused Green Hill again, it is bad. All games will reused assets if it has to save development time and/or a classic level for introducing the game mechanics to the player.
Screenshot_20220822-215427_YouTube.jpg

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
actually the reason for the delays is a sad yet funny one. Imma put a spoiler in it to hide the shame

anywho here’s “good news”…I think…good enough? Idk
Someone's definitely gonna record all of Batgirl and leak it online

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Batgirl is most likely going to suck. It'd be no big loss, don't get what the big deal is over it never coming to see the light of day.
Because there were people who poured their blood, sweat, and tears into its production only for all that work to be flushed down the drain.

That's still ****ty regardless of how the final product turned out.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Because there were people who poured their blood, sweat, and tears into its production only for all that work to be flushed down the drain.

That's still ****ty regardless of how the final product turned out.
You treat it like it's someone who just passed away...

It's just a movie lol. The fact it'll suck isn't a big loss.

Actual blood, sweat and tears would be for movies like classics like Jaws, Jurassic Park, Rocky films, etc. and modern movies like The Batman, Top Gun: Maverick, Joker, etc.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Actual blood, sweat and tears would be movies like classics like Jaws, Jurassic Park or modern movies like The Batman, Top Gun: Maverick, Nobody or Bullet Train.
Please stop bootlicking the multibillion dollar company screwing over countless hardworking employees

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236

I mean, it’s was still likely something that the people who worked on it cared about it. something that you spent a lot of time on go away sucks, even if it’s as simple as a movie.

As for the movies quality, while SuperHero movies have dipped, calling it a fact that it would suck is just... wrong.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Actual blood, sweat and tears would be movies like classics like Jaws, Jurassic Park or modern movies like The Batman, Top Gun: Maverick, Nobody or Bullet Train.
um.png

That's...

Super not cool of you man.

The concern here isn't the movie itself. Whether it sucked or not, that's not the problem.

The concern is the people who worked themselves to the bone, probably for crap pay, having everything they strived for be tossed away in some corporate whatever the ****.

Imagine how many sleepless nights they spent on this film? How many ball games or birthday parties for their kids that they missed? How their health may have deteriorated, being on such a schedule?

And for all that to have amounted to absolute zilch...it's really sucky.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

Pretty much all movies have lots of work put into them. The supposed quality of the movie isn't relevant here. It's hard for anyone to see months of their time and effort just flushed down the drain, especially if it's something they're excited for.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And if I had to be honest. Most movies today just don't hold up to the candle as movies back then did.

Movies back then had actual blood, sweat and tears put into them as opposed to most today.

When practical effects were more common notably using actual vehicles like in Speed (1994). Or Jaws with the animatronic shark.

Everything mostly nowadays relies on CGI. God forbid can't still do practical effects which have proven to be more effective making things real.

Last edited:

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
And if I had to be honest. Most movies today just don't hold up to the candle as movies back then did.

Movies back then had actual blood, sweat and tears put into them as opposed to most today.
Work with the average workload for the people doing CGI in a super hero movie and the time schedules, then say that.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

When practical effects were more common notably using actual vehicles like in Speed (1994). Or Jaws with the animatronic shark.

Everything mostly nowadays relies on CGI.
Ugh, it is not about the quality here. You are being quite insensitive to the people who were making the movie Batgirl.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Dude. I studied film in college and I’ve seen first hand accounts of industry production thanks to demonstrations and internships. You’re just wrong. Even if you think the movie is bad, it’s not because people didn’t work hard on it. And also, you’re the only person who thinks it would have sucked.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Everything mostly nowadays relies on CGI. God forbid can't still do practical effects which have proven to be more effective making things real.

Okay, Gramps. Let's get you back to your room.

Yes, I'll turn on Jaws for you.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Everyone's going on about how you're wrong about the blood sweat and tears argument, so I'll say something different.

My guy, it's time to start living in the present, please stop dwelling in the past.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I love my controller adapter for Switch. I found that I can use it to button map my arcade stick.

Now I know a more fun way to play Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory :ultsora:

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
actually the reason for the delays is a sad yet funny one. Imma put a spoiler in it to hide the shame
anywho here’s “good news”…I think…good enough? Idk

Zaslav: “I did it, I saved Warner bros!
I was tryna save them from more embarrassment…then you said “**** that” and posted it without a spoiler…respect
Someone's definitely gonna record all of Batgirl and leak it online
Hope they do ngl

…so the people who work their asses off to make a movie don’t matter because of the movies made don’t hold up to a candle you’ve decided to carry around. You try spending so much time trying to get a project completed only for it to be abruptly cancelled and probably get no pay from the work

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Hey guys, was playing Crash Team Racing for a bit and decided to come check i...
by celestia's beard.jpg

...ooooh...that's bad.

(No but seriously, everyone working on the Batgirl movie put their ass into it and they were clearly super upset over its cancellation. Cut them some slack, they must've struggled a lot with the movie's creation and to see that thrown in the trash would hurt a lot for them.)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
this company has no idea what they really want to do
Apparently they only have enough money to release two films this year, Black Adam and Don’t Worry Darling

EDIT: didn’t realize this was posted already

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I just find it ****ing dumb that WB wants to cancel or put everything on hold indefinitely, but the Flash Movie that stars a very dangerous criminal? Nope, just house them and let them hold an apology tour for the small crime of kidnapping, abuse, hostage sitiations, and property destruction.

Show's where the priorities lie.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just find it ****ing dumb that WB wants to cancel or put everything on hold indefinitely, but the Flash Movie that stars a very dangerous criminal? Nope, just house them and let them hold an apology tour for the small crime of kidnapping, abuse, hostage sitiations, and property destruction.

Show's where the priorities lie.
I need to know what’s up with the Flash. I need to know why it seems they can’t cancel it for any reason.

The entirety of Warner Brothers is crumbling to dust, not to mention the insanity it’s main star got up to, but this film is just impervious to any and all damage.

I bet they made a deal with some cosmic horror to make this film, and if they cancel it he gets their souls.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I need to know what’s up with the Flash. I need to know why it seems they can’t cancel it for any reason.

The entirety of Warner Brothers is crumbling to dust, not to mention the insanity it’s main star got up to, but this film is just impervious to any and all damage.

I bet they made a deal with some cosmic horror to make this film, and if they cancel it he gets their souls.
I really wish there was a way to legally reverse the l purchase or something. Prove that the purchase is only hurting the company and kick them out.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Big DCEU films is what WBD is looking for, which is why Batgirl got cancelles and that Batman animated film got put on hold but the Flash did not. They want the cash. Now what stopped them from canning Ezra is a mystery but hey they to locate the absolute worst PR for a film nobody wants to see anymore because WBD is a stupid ****ing company

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Actual blood, sweat and tears would be for movies like classics like Jaws, Jurassic Park, Rocky films, etc. and modern movies like The Batman, Top Gun: Maverick, Joker, etc.

Did your empathy just fly out the window? Do you think for a second you could put aside your biases and maybe put yourself in the shoes of someone who worked on something like this? Also you listed The Batman and Joker as having actual blood, sweat and tears behind them but you drew the line at Batgirl being potentially bad?!

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I don't wanna come across as dogpiley... but being a creator (of small passion project stuff, anyway) I wanna throw my five cents in, haha.

The multibillion dollar company not giving a crap? Yeah, that I can see. But the underpaid employees working to make as quality a product as possible? Nah. Even for products most would deem bad, I see talented and passionate animators, storyboard artists, voice actors, audio engineers, and more who are proud of their work, and honored to be a part of productions like movies. So much more goes into productions than we as an audience see. I'm not gonna trash talk passionate creators because the product wasn't what I wanted, or wasn't how things were back in the day, and lacks "blood sweat and tears" as a result of that.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

ok boomer is literally all I can say to this.

like holy ****.

Also how do you know the movies bad, did you watch it?

No, and no one should judge a product before it’s released.

Top Bottom