• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well in my era at least, Nick was the channel with the goofy shows. CN had their fair share of comedies, but they were much more the action channel. Especially with stuff like Toonami.

You went to Nick for laughs, CN for action, and Disney for more slice of life stuff.
I wasn’t allowed to watch Cartoon Network until I was in like… the 5th grade. Until then I had a strict ban on the channel. But Nickelodeon was allowed so I never really had a sense for the “feel” of the different networks. Right from the start I was pretty… content literal? I guess? Like “this show is on this network, if I wanna watch it I go there” and I also had some pretty hefty Nickelodeon brand loyalty. Once I was allowed to watch Cartoon Network I fell in love with a lot of the channel’s programming and its history. Though I will admit my perspective was… I guess you could call it skewed? Until I was older I couldn’t tell I was being told a joke by a screen unless there was a laugh track so I would be seriously watching things like Looney Tunes and SpongeBob “for the plot”. And that led to me having a very weird experience with media growing up. I had to learn what comedy was. I blame the autism in retrospect.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
FEH’s CYL is open once more…I will do whatever it takes to get me a Falear (or an Ivy)

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
yknow it feels so nice to finally have my finances in order

only got $450 of credit card debt to sort out, $150 as a emergency fund in savings, $46 in writing comm funds that I'm holding for when i need it, and my fursuit and phone combined are only about $500 left before both are paid off

in total as long as I'm not stupid with my money I'll be debt free by May I think

Reactions: ---

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Suck my ass, i want Male Alear and Alfred
What if I told you guys there were men and women in this crazy place called reality?
As someone who already has a Malear, I need Falear to control the full power of Alear. Without the perfect balance of having both gender for every FE avatar, what kinda FEH player am I?

especially cause I shall not spend money to win the gatcha

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Me and some of my lovelies watched more Star Wars last night, Force Awakens was pretty fun and while I can easily see why I hear people call it New Hope, it's so interesting actually seeing a movie and realizing people lied about it so easily, every time Rey did something I thought "Man people really just hated her for being a woman". We also had enough time in our schedules to make it a double feature and uh.

Are you ****ing kidding me?

Years of hearing people cry about the movie, including some of my closest friends who were insufferable about it and the movie was... This? I had a ****ing blast the whole time and was constantly having to think about what was going on, never a dull moment for me and people were so angry they harassed the actors? I ****ing hate Star Wars fanboys, goddamn, all I know about 9 specifically is Fortnite explaining that Palpatine returned but I am convinced I need to beat up my friends who ******* about this for so long and said 9 was more interesting.

Current ranking
8, 3, 5, 6, 7, 4, 1, 2

Shroob

Sup?
I still don't like 8 tbh.

I liked 7 even if it played it extremely safe, but I just cannot like 8.

Granted, I've also just kinda, hard fallen out of Star Wars over the years tbh. As I got older, the movies just resonated with me less and less unlike when I was a kid obsessed with 'em.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My older sibling is a Star Wars Junkie who despises 8 soley because they don't like how Luke's character was handled, and tbh I kind of see their point. It probably really sucks to see your childhood hero treated like that.

As for me I find the Star Wars movies are something I always want to like but always end up feeling kinda "eh" on. They have such cool ideas and settings but the execution tends to be a bit lacking. Maybe I need to shut my brain off for it more.

I really enjoyed The Mandolorian at least. Even if I haven't seen Season 3 why do they have to pump out so many spin off shows I'm burnt out just thinking abour them-

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Me and some of my lovelies watched more Star Wars last night, Force Awakens was pretty fun and while I can easily see why I hear people call it New Hope, it's so interesting actually seeing a movie and realizing people lied about it so easily, every time Rey did something I thought "Man people really just hated her for being a woman". We also had enough time in our schedules to make it a double feature and uh.

Are you ****ing kidding me?

Years of hearing people cry about the movie, including some of my closest friends who were insufferable about it and the movie was... This? I had a ing blast the whole time and was constantly having to think about what was going on, never a dull moment for me and people were so angry they harassed the actors? I **ing hate Star Wars fanboys, goddamn, all I know about 9 specifically is Fortnite explaining that Palpatine returned but I am convinced I need to beat up my friends who * about this for so long and said 9 was more interesting.

Current ranking
8, 3, 5, 6, 7, 4, 1, 2
I'm mixed on TLJ overall personally. I have some issues with it but I won't deny it's a very interesting film that tries to be different.

There's no ****ing way in hell Rise of Skywalker is more interesting, I genuinely cannot fathom how people even tolerate this film, it takes a massive dump on every previous film in the franchise in its attempt to suck off the OT and **** on just Last Jedi, and results in one of the most uncreative, bland, and forgettable movie experiences I've ever been witness to. It's everything wrong with modern Star Wars and things have not gotten much better since

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Eventually but not before a looong break methinks. All I know is a few remarks from my partners and a scene of Anakin doing the Belmont strut to punch a guy
That's completely fair. I will say though that the biggest advantage of watching TCW is that it's an anthology series meaning you can pick and choose which arcs you want to watch and which ones to skip. The arcs themselves vary in quality but the highs are extremely high, genuinely some of my favorite stories in all of Star Wars

Top Bottom