• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It has been a whole decade since I made this account. I wanted to wait until I got my 10-year badge, but clearly, Smashboards refuses to recognize my copious amounts of swag. :p

Thank you everyone for tolerating ten years of my bull**** and ****posting. I can’t say Smashboards didn’t influence the way I am today— for the better. For example, I wasn’t inclusive to the LGBT as a teenager; I hardly understood my own sexuality. If it wasn’t for users like Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen and Schnee117 Schnee117 providing ass ripping educating posts to guide a misinformed Bible Belt kid, I could’ve been a person that today I would find morally apprehensive. Thank you. I mean it.

As for the former mods who have authoritatively dealt with my worse-quality ****posting and nonsense is in the years past, y’all are also cool. Smashboards should’ve paid you guys a babysitting fee frfr Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth osby osby Opossum Opossum

SneakyLink SneakyLink And you should be getting one as we speak, some of y’all act worse than I did :4pacman:

If it weren’t for users like Noipoi Noipoi Shroob Shroob TheMightyP TheMightyP Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei I probably wouldn’t have stuck around for as long as I have. I would’ve been done as soon as Corrin dropped. But you mother****ers are too funny and draw me back in. Y’all are very cool people and should be recognized as such.

That’s it. I never have a chance to make a post like this, nor am I usually tagged in posts like this. I don’t think I’ve ever brought, done, or said anything notable for this website to be remembered. But I exist here. 30,000 posts of nonsensical junk.

Here’s to 30,000 more, maybe. :jojo: who am i kidding not even getting ******* stopped me from logging in. I don’t even own ultimate anymore; I sold my switch

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
I think I joined in 2018 originally so I got awhile to go. 2017 maybe? I don't remember now. I was definintly active in a (now defunct) One Piece forum for a bit longer before here.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just watched an hour long video on the life and times of the Wii U.

My takeaway: They really need a good name and some solid marketing on the next console or we’re ****ed
Honestly I refuse to believe people are that stupid or the Super Nintendo and Xbox 360, and Xbox One, and Xbox Series X, would have all failed for the same reason. I can’t wait till the Wii U is like 20 years older than it is now and actual historians have figured out the actual reason it failed instead of thinking people are stupid enough to confuse it with a drawing tablet.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
4 years'll go by fast.

We'll blink and people who hopped on for Ultimate (like us) will be 10 year veterans.
I still remember the days of being a incomeless high school kid and only getting sparce chances to play Ultimate because someone brought a copy of it to school and was letting people play it but I didn't have it yet at home

good times!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Honestly I refuse to believe people are that stupid
Believe it.

As the great George Carlin once put it, imagine how stupid the average person is, and then realize that most people are ten times stupider. But the onus isn't just on the masses for not quite realizing that the Wii U wasn't an add-on, it also lies with Nintendo for not making that clear.

You've got to realize that the average person in middle America just doesn't pay that much attention to video games or the industry. The Wii wasn't the latest console of the next console generation to them, it was a fad. And the Wii U didn't catch them in the same way, so they didn't buy it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
oh god…a lot of our accounts will be a decade old this year…mine included…we old as ****
Ironically I will have been a Staff member for 10 years in a few weeks. I remember it as it was actually the day before my Birthday. I think IsmaR and myself are the only ones still on Staff from that initial group of 8~10 people that were appointed. Maybe one day we'll catch up to Mic_128. lol

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
oh god…a lot of our accounts will be a decade old this year…mine included…we old as ****
Looking at my account and wow a whole decade flew by.

I joined the day Robin, Lucina, and Captain Falcon got revealed for Smash 4.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Reality hits you like a sack of bricks.
need to go back to the times where only you had to feel old…you’ve cursed us all somehow
Twilught Sparkle wouldnt like this
View attachment 383060
Tara is not cooking rn…when will she be redeemed?
Ironically I will have been a Staff member for 10 years in a few weeks. I remember it as it was actually the day before my Birthday. I think IsmaR and myself are the only ones still on Staff from that initial group of 8~10 people that were appointed. Maybe one day we'll catch up to Mic_128. lol
that is very impressive
Looking at my account and wow a whole decade flew by.

I joined the day Robin, Lucina, and Captain Falcon got revealed for Smash 4.
ya joined on Chrom’s suffering day

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Twilught Sparkle wouldnt like this
View attachment 383060
Was is it with the trend of professional VAs buying AI art and not caring about the issues of AI in the industry as long s it doesn't involve voice acting?

Grey DeLisle basically did the same thing, buying some AI art of Daphne after the whole "Springtrapped" debacle.

Shroob

Sup?
Was is it with the trend of professional VAs buying AI art and not caring about the issues of AI in the industry as long s it doesn't involve voice acting?

Grey DeLisle basically did the same thing, buying some AI art of Daphne after the whole "Springtrapped" debacle.
The what debacle

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The what debacle
This:

Someone on Youtube known as Eagan Tilghman (a small indie animator who did this as a non-profit thing, at that) made a Rankin/Bass-styled Blender animation of a fanmade Scooby-Doo: Where Are You! episode featuring the Gang going to Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria with Springtrap as the masked villain.

Scooby and Shaggy both had voice actors, but AI was used to recreate Frank Welker, Mindy Cohn, Grey DeLisle and others' voices for Fred, Velma, Daphne and the rest of the characters.

Grey DeLisle was understandably upset about it, given her voice was amongst those recreated with aI and considering the issues with AI voices in general, but she went as far as to try to have the guy blacklisted from future projects and suggest other people do the same. Thankfully, the creator of the project reached out to her and they were at least able to work things out. They're on better terms now and the creator of the animation has since released an edited version with some original voice actors overdubbing the AI voices.

...Problem is, Grey later went on to commission some fanart of Daphne, which ended up seemingly being AI-generated, and from what I've heard, supposedly got highly angry and defensive when confronted about it.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just finished binging El Tigre. I’m surprised how much of this show I actually saw as a kid considering I thought I had only caught it here and there when it was on. But there were only a few episodes I hadn’t seen before. Good show. Wish Nickelodeon hadn’t cancelled it and shoved it onto Nicktoons Network. Could have done so much more with it and Jorge Gutierrez is a creative force.

Top Bottom