• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Between Infernape(Sun Wukong), Rillaboom(Super Saiyan 3), Electivire, and Annihilape(Beast Gohan), you almost got a perfect Monkey/Ape team. Just need two other really strong ones.

Also with all the canines, how a Snow Wolf wasn't made yet it is weird.

Guess who just won their very first 100x battle in Splatoon 3? Me!
Nice going!

D

Deleted member

Just when I thought my good luck had peaked, I won another 100x battle.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
View attachment 382971

In all seriousness, it's actually something I've always wanted to get into. The gaming club at my former College always had a group playing, but they were always already in the middle of their campaigns. A friend of mine also plays DnD and has offered to teach me, but sadly he lives on the other side of the State now so we never have time.
yeah it was just a small one shot, nothing major

it does feel nice to have good connections to online groups now

Reactions: ---

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Theme song goes hard af, will be disappointed if it isn’t integrated into this
It's funny really. This was announced shortly after getting back into the series suddenly which was prompted by motivation to write again upon the idea of an Courage the Cowardly Dog/Danny Phantom AU called "A Phantom and his Courageous Cowardly Dog" I'm currently writing. Been lately into Courage the Cowardly Dog as well, might be one of the reasons to.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Eddy Gordo is gonna be the first Tekken 8 DLC character. He was launch on every console game since Tekken 3. Tekken 8's roster is one of the best launching rosters in recent fighting games. the only fraud choice was Shaheen somehow making it back before Eddy or Miguel or Julia, but it's nice that Eddy's back early on.

Funny enough, for as many canines as we have there are not as many wolves as you'd expect. Offhand it's just Manectric, the Lycanrocs, and the SwSh duo.
A three Stage Ice Wolf would make sense. Maybe a split between a normal wolf and full on Jon Talbain with different types. There's also a lot of sharks they haven't done yet. Like a Tigershark, and a more traditional Hammerhead, compared to Garchomp. I don't think of the bear Pokemon were Black bears yet.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Guess who just won their very first 100x battle in Splatoon 3? Me!
yeah I've been grinding to get to Friend Ruler to get those yummy snails, + trying new weapons/sensisity settings and practicing technical movement(after my team went 0-9 in a tryout scrim yesterday theres a bucket list of stuff to improve on for sure)

What team did you pick by chance?

inbetween me typing this up as a draft and actually posting it I managed to get to Ruler lol

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Eddy Gordo is gonna be the first Tekken 8 DLC character. He was launch on every console game since Tekken 3. Tekken 8's roster is one of the best launching rosters in recent fighting games. the only fraud choice was Shaheen somehow making it back before Eddy or Miguel or Julia, but it's nice that Eddy's back early on.

There was an apparent PSN leak (in which Eddy was a part of) that occured a while ago which may had leaked the DLC characters for Tekken 8.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
A three Stage Ice Wolf would make sense. Maybe a split between a normal wolf and full on Jon Talbain with different types. There's also a lot of sharks they haven't done yet. Like a Tigershark, and a more traditional Hammerhead, compared to Garchomp. I don't think of the bear Pokemon were Black bears yet.
So something like MH's Lunagaron perhaps?

And I was surprised we didn't get a black bear this Gen considering how consistent they've been with bears since Gen 5. I guess they just wanted Bloodmoon this time around.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The Ghost and Molly McGee getting cut short to just two seasons is just another indication that the execs at Disney's TV studios don't understand their audience in the slightest.

D

Deleted member

Everyone's giving props to "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse", and I don't blame them.

However, I have one itty-bitty little tiff with the movie.

The fact that it ends on a cliffhanger. Now you're probably thinking I'm overly dramatic, but does anyone else hate having to wait for a year, maybe two this time (thanks to the strike) for a resolution to the situation that Miles is in? He's stuck in another dimension (the same one the spider that bit him came from) and if he doesn't get back home he'll disintegrate, Miguel is out to...I forget, either kill Miles or his dad because he's obsessed with keeping the multiverse from collapsing, and Spot is out to kill Miles' family.

It was already hard enough that I had to wait a year after "Infinity War" for "Endgame" while worrying about what happened to my favorite characters like Groot, Peter Parker, Mantis, Doctor Strange, etc. (the ones that got dusted by Thanos) But because of the strike that prevented production, I have to worry even longer for poor Miles! I'm literally hyperventilating here, I can't get my mind off the lack of any closure!

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Everyone's giving props to "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse", and I don't blame them.

However, I have one itty-bitty little tiff with the movie.

The fact that it ends on a cliffhanger. Now you're probably thinking I'm overly dramatic, but does anyone else hate having to wait for a year, maybe two this time (thanks to the strike) for a resolution to the situation that Miles is in? He's stuck in another dimension (the same one the spider that bit him came from) and if he doesn't get back home he'll disintegrate, Miguel is out to...I forget, either kill Miles or his dad because he's obsessed with keeping the multiverse from collapsing, and Spot is out to kill Miles' family.

It was already hard enough that I had to wait a year after "Infinity War" for "Endgame" while worrying about what happened to my favorite characters like Groot, Peter Parker, Mantis, Doctor Strange, etc. (the ones that got dusted by Thanos) But because of the strike that prevented production, I have to worry even longer for poor Miles! I'm literally hyperventilating here, I can't get my mind off the lack of any closure!
That’s the point. The antici…

…pation

Noipoi

Howdy!
Aaaaand there's the "let's mock this user for his panicking" post.
Brother, I had no intentions of mocking you. I give people **** because that’s my way of showing camaraderie. However, if anyone tells me I took it to far I immediately try to chill out.

And real talk, no disrespect intended, but if you’re really seriously panicking over a cliffhanger in a movie you may need to take a breather because that’s not really healthy.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yuri cooked as Sasuke. With how good this show is being for me atm, I might end up watching Boruto despite the apparent disappointment and pure hate shown towards it

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know. Nickelodeon doesn’t have as many action shows as you think it would in its legacy lineup. At least when you compare it to how many Cartoon Network did. I wonder why that is?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You know. Nickelodeon doesn’t have as many action shows as you think it would in its legacy lineup. At least when you compare it to how many Cartoon Network did. I wonder why that is?
Nickelodeon's most popular shows were comedies, primarily of the slapstick or verbal variety. So they stuck to what worked.

CN had that too but Powerpuff Girls was a smash hit so they knew how to make action shows.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Action shows don't seem to be the new hotness anymore.

A shame. Cartoons like Samurai Jack went hard.
Yeah. At least they let Glitch Techs happen.

Although I’m mostly talking about how, when there was that huge trend towards action shows in the 2000s, Nickelodeon didn’t have quite as many as you would think compared to the huge number CN had.
Nickelodeon's most popular shows were comedies, primarily of the slapstick or verbal variety. So they stuck to what worked.

CN had that too but Powerpuff Girls was a smash hit so they knew how to make action shows.
I guess that makes sense.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On the topic of Nick and CN? Which show is your favorite from each?

CN: Courage the Cowardly Dog
Nick: The Angry Beavers

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah. At least they let Glitch Techs happen.

Although I’m mostly talking about how, when there was that huge trend towards action shows in the 2000s, Nickelodeon didn’t have quite as many as you would think compared to the huge number CN had.

I guess that makes sense.
Well in my era at least, Nick was the channel with the goofy shows. CN had their fair share of comedies, but they were much more the action channel. Especially with stuff like Toonami.

You went to Nick for laughs, CN for action, and Disney for more slice of life stuff.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
most action Nickelodeon is gonna give folks on a consistent based nowadays are from Avatar and especially TMNT

Top Bottom