• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Timmy’s in the FOP reboot and…
1705000668504.png
1705000268682.png

supposed to be an actor playing a bus driver for a Crimson Chin movie…and 25
Also, that post credit scene is going to possibly hint Kingpin is going to be in the running for the new mayor role which I predict will tie-in with the upcoming Daredevil: Born Again series and potentially for the rumoured upcoming Spider-Man 4 film.
I think it’ll be the main connection for the entire street level side of the MCU

cashregister9

Smash Hero
undefined
Someone pointed out that the eye color is completely different to any version of timmy so it is probably not meant to actually be timmy just a silly joke

probably

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I do think it's cool they got a new cast this time instead of running it back with Timmy.

Legit think it would've been cooler if Poof was the main fairy instead of Cosmo and Wanda but eh

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Does anybody even really care about Fairly Oddparents anymore after the last several seasons had successive drops in writing quality while also introducing obnoxious new characters? I'm saying this as someone who used to like the show even more than I liked Spongebob growing up.

It's like Nick realized just how poor the reception to the later seasons was and is trying to "fix" them with continuations and reboots, only to keep failing anyway or at least goofing something up. Whether this reboot does better or not is probably heavily going to depend on whether or not the writing is a major improvement from the live-action continuation and the original show's later seasons.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why he look like Homer Simpson
1705002881253.jpeg

more like a Sporano
There's another FOP reboot?

Nick is really hellbent on not letting that show die I see
they gotta find something to do since they can’t be in console games (which is still kinda stupid tbh)
That is a rough 25
I’m turning 25 in May, so at least I now know what to expect once I hit that age
I do think it's cool they got a new cast this time instead of running it back with Timmy.

Legit think it would've been cooler if Poof was the main fairy instead of Cosmo and Wanda but eh
who would be voicing Timmy/Poof is the real question to consider (assuming Tara Strong gets wiped out of existence overtime)

unless Yuri Lowenthal casually steal another brown haired child role
Does anybody even really care about Fairly Oddparents anymore after the last several seasons had successive drops in writing quality while also introducing obnoxious new characters? I'm saying this as someone who used to like the show even more than I liked Spongebob growing up.

It's like Nick realized just how poor the reception to the later seasons was and is trying to "fix" them with continuations and reboots, only to keep failing anyway or at least goofing something up. Whether this reboot does better or not is probably heavily going to depend on whether or not the writing is a major improvement from the live-action continuation and the original show's later seasons.
for the most part I still have care for FOP since I grew up with it…however I do wish they finished Jimmy Neutron instead at the least…and FINISH iCARLY 2021

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Minecraft 64. Would it be possible on the hardware?
Idk about the N64, but here’s a “demake” video with a concept of it being on the PS1; I think it’s kinda like a cross between Minecraft and Animal Crossing:

If it was on the N64, I’d imagine it’d be like that, or maybe closer to how it is today but with a smaller world and in third-person (the camera would somehow be made better). Maybe with simpler terrain generation too, but I don’t know what’s possible on the N64, so perhaps the old Beta or Alpha terrain could still work at least. Or it could be like Minecraft Classic or Indev.

While on the subject, I’d like to mention there’s also a cool modpack that makes Minecraft feel like a creepy PS1 game, called “MCSX - Minecraft: PS1 Edition,” complete with a PS1-style shader that also has a CRT filter. Someone recently started an unfiction YouTube series using it, too, but I’m not sure it’s an actual ARG; their channel is called “Minecraft PSX Archive.”

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I mean they just got to appeal to children and it works. It already has the artstyle that kids would love, and I would imagine kids these days have 0 clue what Timmy's FoP was unless they caught reruns. It won't matter for them

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Rumor mill is stating Universal Orlando will add Pokémon, Zelda, and Luigi’s Mansion to the parks.

Two of them will replace the Simpsons area and Lost Continent (that area next to HP land that got downsized to make room for HP land), with the last one being part of Epic Universe.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Rumor mill is stating Universal Orlando will add Pokémon, Zelda, and Luigi’s Mansion to the parks.

Two of them will replace the Simpsons area and Lost Continent (that area next to HP land that got downsized to make room for HP land), with the last one being part of Epic Universe.
Those rumors are interesting because for years Pokemon but Zelda Especially were always considered far into the future things but these rumors are seriously implying that they will come way sooner than anyone thought.

I am also curious how the other rumors will play out like the Pokemon area basically only having AR attractions or the Zelda Boat Ride.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Anyway, pretending to be possessed aside,

I try not to talk about my gender too much here because it's kind of a personal thing for me but it's kind of hard not to, so I guess to sort of follow up on my post from before.
That's the secret, there is no way to be truly certain. Having to be absolutely sure is an impossible standard for a lot of people.

The most you can do is chase what feels the best right now.
...When I say it like this it sounds easy.

But internalized transphobia can make accepting your own feelings a pain. So can fear. It's no secret I didn't exactly take my egg crack well. Realizing I had dysphoria, and what it'd take to alleviate that dysphoria, terrified me and made it so that initially nothing really felt right. And as much as I'd like to pretend I'm over it I'm still struggling with it right now.

I guess what it took was realizing all the negative feelings about being trans I had were external. "What would other people think?" "How will other people treat me?" "What if I make other people uncomfortable". Transitioning to me means letting myself be a little selfish and do what I want regardless of what other people might think. I guess having self worth means letting yourself be a little selfish sometimes.

And my goodness I never realized just how bad my self esteem really was until I started exploring my gender identity. But I guess this is for me and my therapist to work on.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

I try not to talk about my gender too much here because it's kind of a personal thing for me but it's kind of hard not to, so I guess to sort of follow up on my post from before.

But internalized transphobia can make accepting your own feelings a pain. So can fear. It's no secret I didn't exactly take my egg crack well. Realizing I had dysphoria, and what it'd take to alleviate that dysphoria, terrified me and made it so that initially nothing really felt right. And as much as I'd like to pretend I'm over it I'm still struggling with it right now.

I guess what it took was realizing all the negative feelings about being trans I had were external. "What would other people think?" "How will other people treat me?" "What if I make other people uncomfortable". Transitioning to me means letting myself be a little selfish and do what I want regardless of what other people might think. I guess having self worth means letting yourself be a little selfish sometimes.

And my goodness I never realized just how bad my self esteem really was until I started exploring my gender identity. But I guess this is for me and my therapist to work on.
I understand what you mean. Still, let no one nor dysphoria get you down. This may be a world you have to survive in, or a dog eat dog world, and in this case, you may have to deal with yourself and your feelings, but don't let it get you down. Everything in life is an obstacle, an obstacle meant to be overcome, and you can still overcome what you have, and try to make things and yourself better for your life. Plus, let no one who is transphobic get you down, either. Those people are just being idiotic, and don't know that you are still a person regardless of who you are. If anything, those kinds of people should be the least people you want to let affect you in any way.

Just be strong, you can do it. We all can do it. There is nothing you can't overcome. Prove them wrong and don't be upset with anything, even yourself.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I played the Mameda no Bakeru demo and I thought it was really fun. I might actually get the game, even with the language barrier.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

I feel ya sister.

My parents are very accepting so I have no doubt that they will eventually accept me as trans after I come out to them, but I feel pretty terrible about essentially taking away their only son. My dad has told me multiple times how much he loves having a son so I have no idea how this will affect my relationship with him.

Now, I'm not actually 100% girl since I don't think my masculine interests and sensibilities will be affected by this transition, it's part of why I use the genderfluid label, but it's not gonna be the same. But transitioning is what feels right for me, so I'm gonna do it anyway. I'm not an extension of my parent's wishes, I'm my own person and I get to make my own decisions. Being selfish is good when it's about your individuality.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I feel ya sister.

My parents are very accepting so I have no doubt that they will eventually accept me as trans after I come out to them, but I feel pretty terrible about essentially taking away their only son. My dad has told me multiple times how much he loves having a son so I have no idea how this will affect my relationship with him.

Now, I'm not actually 100% girl since I don't think my masculine interests and sensibilities will be affected by this transition, it's part of why I use the genderfluid label, but it's not gonna be the same. But transitioning is what feels right for me, so I'm gonna do it anyway. I'm not an extension of my parent's wishes, I'm my own person and I get to make my own decisions. Being selfish is good when it's about your individuality.
Ah, I didn't know you were at the most female. I can imagine it being tough being trans over there in your country.

Anyways, with that said, be strong, and don't let anyone, especially transphobics get to you no matter what. Never let them decide who you are for you.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Ah, I didn't know you were at the most female. I can imagine it being tough being trans over there in your country.

Anyways, with that said, be strong, and don't let anyone, especially transphobics get to you no matter what. Never let them decide who you are for you.
Yeah I came out today

I think I'm actually gonna be okay regarding being trans in Israel. I live in the most queer friendly city in the country and I don't usually get out of it, so unless they're gonna make some laws against trans people I'll be fine. With the current government it's a definite risk but a lot of people don't think it's gonna stick after the ****show that was all of last year, even before the war

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah I came out today

I think I'm actually gonna be okay regarding being trans in Israel. I live in the most queer friendly city in the country and I don't usually get out of it, so unless they're gonna make some laws against trans people I'll be fine. With the current government it's a definite risk but a lot of people don't think it's gonna stick after the ****show that was all of last year, even before the war
I see.

No matter what happens, stay strong. I know the Israeli government is rather craptacular, but I do think some way, or another, you can get through this. You just need to be strong, have those who love and support you, have the will and believe.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I see.

No matter what happens, stay strong. I know the Israeli government is rather craptacular, but I do think some way, or another, you can get through this. You just need to be strong, have those who love and support you, have the will and believe.
My IRL friends are almost all queer and I'm very open with them about my identity, and my family is probably gonna accept me as well. That's all I need, really.

Granted I could run into some complications at work what with changing my name and pronouns and gender but it's gonna be worth it

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
My IRL friends are almost all queer and I'm very open with them about my identity, and my family is probably gonna accept me as well. That's all I need, really.

Granted I could run into some complications at work what with changing my name and pronouns and gender but it's gonna be worth it
Glad to hear.

We all have our trials to deal with, but like I said, everything in life is an obstacle meant to be overcome, and while I already did believe in you and ZephyrZ, I can see that you have good things going for you and what you may need. Just hang in there, Jondolio and keep up using your inner strength and being you.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
View attachment 382843View attachment 382841
supposed to be an actor playing a bus driver for a Crimson Chin movie…and 25

I think it’ll be the main connection for the entire street level side of the MCU
There’s no way that’s Timmy. They already looksmaxxed him for canonical purposes.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The mainline IDW TMNT comics are ending at #150, with spinoffs continuing the story instead

and also Sonic Prime’s last season was a good one. Action upon action…and the Roses still being written well

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The mainline IDW TMNT comics are ending at #150, with spinoffs continuing the story instead

and also Sonic Prime’s last season was a good one. Action upon action…and the Roses still being written well
Agreed. It was so suspenseful, and quite a bit epic, too!

Top Bottom