• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
The expanded port of Smash Ultimate on the Switch 2 i'm trying to manifest into existence.
I don't know when the next smash game will come. Could be next year, in two years, or even many years from now. I don't even know if we'll both still be on Smashboards.

But when it's a wholly new game and not a port of Ultimate with an extra DLC pack, I'm gonna hit you with the biggest, fattest I Told You So I can muster.

Prepare yourself.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If the Switch 2 has backwards compatibility, I can't really see em making a new game tbh. It'd be DLC if anything, which would piss off the Switch 1 playerbase.
Why would the DLC not be available for Switch 1 users? What could they possibly add that couldn't run on it?

I mean sure there'd be graphics updates if they want to target the Switch 2, but that's usually a free update, not paid DLC.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't know when the next smash game will come. Could be next year, in two years, or even many years from now. I don't even know if we'll both still be on Smashboards.

But when it's a wholly new game and not a port of Ultimate with an extra DLC pack, I'm gonna hit you with the biggest, fattest I Told You So I can muster.

Prepare yourself.
I've bought so much art from you your "I told you so's" have no effect.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
America: A surprisingly elaborate trailer
Japan: Hey guys...golden sun is out I guess
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Oh, this is why we got a trailer. Thank you, Grant Hanlon.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Ice Climbers

In HD :nifty:
Ah yes, Ice Climbers with individually rendered pieces of fur on their parkas. At last, I truly see.

(admittedly I should've remembered that Sakurai said Rex+Pyra was impossible so I guess Noah+Mio would have to be something exclusive to the Switch 2)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well in my neck of the woods that term is synonymous with warm fuzzies. But hey, I'll admit, it did look pretty weird. That's why I changed it.

I'm still right about Smash :dkmelee:
I didn't say I thought it was happening. I said I was trying to manifest it. If it doesn't happen that just means I'm either bad at manifesting or manifesting isn't real.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And there goes my last reason to boot up my Wii U.

Besides Xeno X bjt yeah, gotta finish The Lost Age
Xenoblade X is weird. It's the one major Wii U game that never got a Switch Port (I'm pretty sure) and from my outsider perspective on the Xenoblade lore it's not cannon to the ongoing plot of 1-3 (don't quote me on that. I could be wrong. I keep meaning to ask the Xenoblade fans on the boards if and how it fits in). What's up with all that?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_1728.jpeg

why don't I remember the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th ones?
how has this specific render and pose manage to survive for so long?
when will he do the Mario?

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Xenoblade X is weird. It's the one major Wii U game that never got a Switch Port (I'm pretty sure) and from my outsider perspective on the Xenoblade lore it's not cannon to the ongoing plot of 1-3 (don't quote me on that. I could be wrong. I keep meaning to ask the Xenoblade fans on the boards if and how it fits in). What's up with all that?
It's a spin-off

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Verbalase, the beat box rap battle guy, spent $50k on a fanfic music video with Charlie from Hazbin Hotel about them having the sex…and months later is now currently unable to have the funds to make more beat box videos

Shroob

Sup?
One day, the world randomly gets superpowers.

The baby that first gets superpowers kills his mom during birth. Because no one on the street picked him up (moms was a hoe :sakbanjo:), he took it a little too personally and vowed to enslave society, starting with his twin brother.

Fast forward maybe 100-200 years, and now society is super discriminatory, but with superpowers. Nobody knows about this first baby, because the government is trying to keep his existence a secret. Some glowing baby in China gets the credit instead. Now some kid has to endure the generational trauma dumping so he can become a cool superhero like he’s always dreamed of (he has witnessed horrors beyond his imagination)
Thank you for giving me an actual reply lol.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Thank you for giving me an actual reply lol.
This information is fresh and recent as a part of All For One’s backstory before Bakugo makes him an exploding fetus. The civil rights subplot in My Hero is, imo, a great concept. However, I don’t like the execution of it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
One day, the world randomly gets superpowers.

The baby that first gets superpowers kills his mom during birth. Because no one on the street picked him up (moms was a hoe :sakbanjo:), he took it a little too personally and vowed to enslave society, starting with his twin brother.

Fast forward maybe 100-200 years, and now society is super discriminatory, but with superpowers. Nobody knows about this first baby, because the government is trying to keep his existence a secret. Some glowing baby in China gets the credit instead. Now some kid has to endure the generational trauma dumping so he can become a cool superhero like he’s always dreamed of (he has witnessed horrors beyond his imagination)
Idk why this made me think of manga Dog *****

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
For me my egg cracking was smoothed out by having been exposed to a friendgroup full of funky queer people just like who I am now(and most of whom I consider my best friends in general) + no longer being with my toxic exes who were holding me back
The thing that broke my egg was so ****ing goofy. Remember when Bridget Guilty Gear came out as trans and a bunch of annoying people got upset? I kinda agreed with them. Not in the "grrr wokes in my video games" way, though. My thought process was, more or less, "I don't like that that they made her binary trans. She should have been nonbinary. Or Genderfluid! Being genderfluid would make so much more sense for her story! And being both a boy and a girl is so cool! I wish I was genderfluid!"
1705028893586.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The thing that broke my egg was so ****ing goofy. Remember when Bridget Guilty Gear came out as trans and a bunch of annoying people got upset? I kinda agreed with them. Not in the "grrr wokes in my video games" way, though. My thought process was, more or less, "I don't like that that they made her binary trans. She should have been nonbinary. Or Genderfluid! Being genderfluid would make so much more sense for her story! And being both a boy and a girl is so cool! I wish I was genderfluid!"
View attachment 382858
My egg was cracked by the astonishingly common trope of kids cartoon characters changing genders for an episode sending me into an existential crisis as a child! I think it was the Kids Next Door episode about the trope that really did me in.

Top Bottom