• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
I caught the new mythical.

I think it’s pretty cool, and the story was funny. I’m guessing the people turning into mochi zombies is what those leaks were talking about :p

I nicknamed Pecharunt “Mochi Mochi!” and caught it in a dream ball. It looks cute, and I like how it looks like it’s thinking “I’m so done with all this” while it’s inside its shell.

also I finished my Kitakami PokeDex, and I’m very close to completing the other 2. Just gotta transfer a few ‘mons I traded for from Home, then I think all I’ll need is Palafin.

Why did GameFreak have to tie Finizen’s evolution to the Union Circle ._. I’ve read Palafin can be found in raids, at least, though they may be hard and could take a while to find I assume. Can’t connect with anyone to evolve Finizen right now, it’s late here.

also another supporting artwork for Project Voltage released; “Miku’s Melody” by Naoki Saito, ft. Psychic Miku, Dragon Miku, Meloetta and Miraidon. It was made for a Famitsu magazine cover:
Yeah, you can find Palafin in raids. If you need help I'm willing to help get yours evolved.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Mini pokemon theory.

So it's implied Pecharunt manipulated Kieren and the Loyal Three. We don't know its exact motivation but it did initially make the Loyal Three steal Ogerpon's masks, which we know were carved from tera crystals.

It also compelled Kieran to capture Terapogos, who's body is made of tera crystal.

Is it possible that Pecharunt could also have been behind the professor's madness somehow? That it used the professor's own desires to build a time machine as a chance to get to Terapogos itself?

Perhaps Pecharunt feeds on tera crystals, much like Glimmora appears to. They share their poison typings and fruits are born from flowers, so perhaps the two pokemon are related somehow.

Shroob

Sup?
Mini pokemon theory.

So it's implied Pecharunt manipulated Kieren and the Loyal Three. We don't know its exact motivation but it did initially make the Loyal Three steal Ogerpon's masks, which we know were carved from tera crystals.

It also compelled Kieran to capture Terapogos, who's body is made of tera crystal.

Is it possible that Pecharunt could also have been behind the professor's madness somehow? That it used the professor's own desires to build a time machine as a chance to get to Terapogos itself?

Perhaps Pecharunt feeds on tera crystals, much like Glimmora appears to. They share their poison typings and fruits are born from flowers, so perhaps the two pokemon are related somehow.
It's weird cause we see that Pecharunt needs to feed someone mochi to have control over them, and we never see Kieran eat any.

The fact that Kieran is the only one who doesn't get affected by Pecharunt makes me honestly think all the speculation of him being controlled was outright wrong and he just, got that way on his own.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's weird cause we see that Pecharunt needs to feed someone mochi to have control over them, and we never see Kieran eat any.

The fact that Kieran is the only one who doesn't get affected by Pecharunt makes me honestly think all the speculation of him being controlled was outright wrong and he just, got that way on his own.
Nah I still think he was definitely being influenced, even if he wasn't being outright controlled.

They leaned into a lot possession tropes pretty hard.

Shroob

Sup?
Nah I still think he was definitely being influenced, even if he wasn't being outright controlled.

I suppose it's possible I guess. It just feels weird that'd they'd imply its power works one way, then show it work a completely different way.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Y’know the funny cartoon beatbox guy? Verbalase?

Yeah, apparently he went bankrupt because he spent 50 thousand bucks on an animated self insert fanfiction music video where his character is lusted after by Charlie from Hazbin Hotel.

Remember to touch grass, kids :090:
Thats what gooning to close to the sun does
I've heard about ice cream with salt but olive oil? That's new for me and I live in the "put olive oil in everything" country.
You should try it. It made that son of a ***** the creamiest vanilla ive cream ive ever had with a nice hint of olive oil that didnt ruin the ice cream at all

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Xenoblade X is weird. It's the one major Wii U game that never got a Switch Port (I'm pretty sure) and from my outsider perspective on the Xenoblade lore it's not cannon to the ongoing plot of 1-3 (don't quote me on that. I could be wrong. I keep meaning to ask the Xenoblade fans on the boards if and how it fits in). What's up with all that?
Xenoblade X takes place in its own separate universe. Outside of Elma appearing in Xenoblade 2 as a DLC (which is non-canon like Fiora and Shulk in XB2) they are unrelated storywise.

I still need a port of XCX. Apparently there are rumors of a remake for a Switch 2 but that was from Zippo so I don't even try here. :urg:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokémon masters confirms that not is ball guy not officially endorse for recognized by the galar league, but the one we see in the game and in masters is not the real one:
He a felon for sure.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I suppose it's possible I guess. It just feels weird that'd they'd imply its power works one way, then show it work a completely different way.
The loyal three have their powers enhanced by the bands that they wear, so the way I read it the Peach just has more then one way of delivering its poison. shrug.

I mean heck, even the move Malignant Chain has nothing to do with Mochi but still leaves the target poisoned and confused.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

I feel the big thing going against the Kieran-Pecharunt theory is the lack of any real connection made between the two, or at least an addressing of it in passing. Carmine for instance when you talk to her in the League Club after everything will address Pecharunt and make a connection between it and the Loyal Three, but she never says anything to link it to Kieran or his actions. Similarly, Kieran never says anything remotely hinting at some sort of mind control or influence being done on him, completely putting all of his negative actions on himself. It's not even him glossing over the events, he'll talk about them, but he never says 'it's kind of seemed familiar' or something of the sort. A minor thing to also bring up is that Pecharunt may've been dormant until the Epilogue, the figure that kickstarts the Epilogue doesn't move from the store until you interact with it at the start, which if it's Pecharunt means it wasn't active during the whole Kitakami arc.

I feel with Kieran his story is just his envy of the player getting the best of him, Pecharunt doesn't seem to have any major role in his character arc.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I feel the big thing going against the Kieran-Pecharunt theory is the lack of any real connection made between the two, or at least an addressing of it in passing. Carmine for instance when you talk to her in the League Club after everything will address Pecharunt and make a connection between it and the Loyal Three, but she never says anything to link it to Kieran or his actions. Similarly, Kieran never says anything remotely hinting at some sort of mind control or influence being done on him, completely putting all of his negative actions on himself. It's not even him glossing over the events, he'll talk about them, but he never says 'it's kind of seemed familiar' or something of the sort. A minor thing to also bring up is that Pecharunt may've been dormant until the Epilogue, the figure that kickstarts the Epilogue doesn't move from the store until you interact with it at the start, which if it's Pecharunt means it wasn't active during the whole Kitakami arc.

I feel with Kieran his story is just his envy of the player getting the best of him, Pecharunt doesn't seem to have any major role in his character arc.
I'd argue there's a ton of thematic connections between Kieran and The Loyal Three. Munkidori is described as having been dimwitted, Okidogi as weak, and Fezendipity as drab, before having their traits enhanced by poison. Meanwhile Kieran goes from a very sudden shift from timid to confident and brash. He also stole Ogerpon's mask at one point in the story, and was even the one who ended up somehow waking the Loyal Three up.

It's also worth noting that immidiety after finding out the truth about Ogerpon, Kieran is found right by the booth.
Screenshot_20240112-021414_YouTube.jpg

You can even see Pecharunt in this screenshot. It wouldn't have haved to have moved far from its spot to corrupt him.

I mean it could be a coincidence but I dunno, this feels intentional. Especially since this is right where his villain arch begins.

The theory is Pecharunt took advantage of Kieran's envy to manipulate him and corrupt him. But when Kieran manages to overcome his envy, that causes Pecharunt to wake up and take a more active role.

I don't think the theory has to be outright stated if its well implied. Sure we were wrong about the nature if the paradoxes, which I think has everyone feeling a little iffy about the Pecharunt theory too, but...I still think it holds some water.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Y’know the funny cartoon beatbox guy? Verbalase?

Yeah, apparently he went bankrupt because he spent 50 thousand bucks on an animated self insert fanfiction music video where his character is lusted after by Charlie from Hazbin Hotel.

Remember to touch grass, kids :090:
Lose a lot of viewers because of unexplained hiatus
Spend $50K on self insert gooner animation
Go bankrupt because that was a horrible financial decision
Go on transphobic and homophobic rants
All this comes to light within 24 hours

YouTuber Speedrun- Any% World Record

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'd argue there's a ton of thematic connections between Kieran and The Loyal Three. Munkidori is described as having been dimwitted, Okidogi as weak, and Fezendipity as drab, before having their traits enhanced by poison. Meanwhile Kieran goes from a very sudden shift from timid to confident and brash. He also stole Ogerpon's mask at one point in the story, and was even the one who ended up somehow waking the Loyal Three up.

It's also worth noting that immidiety after finding out the truth about Ogerpon, Kieran is found right by the booth.
View attachment 382883
You can even see Pecharunt in this screenshot. It wouldn't have haved to have moved far from its spot to corrupt him.

I mean it could be a coincidence but I dunno, this feels intentional. Especially since this is right where his villain arch begins.

The theory is Pecharunt took advantage of Kieran's envy to manipulate him and corrupt him. But when Kieran manages to overcome his envy, that causes Pecharunt to wake up and take a more active role.

I don't think the theory has to be outright stated if its well implied. Sure we were wrong about the nature if the paradoxes, which I think has everyone feeling a little iffy about the Pecharunt theory too, but...I still think it holds some water.
Thematically perhaps, but the question is whether he has a direct connection to them and Pecharunt as you can have a character parallel a story without directly following it beat for beat.

I can't say I agree it was sudden, at least not in the context of how short the Teal Mask arc was. We have a clear origin for when Kieran starts acting differently as he overhears the player, Carmine, and his grandpa discussing about keeping Ogerpon a secret and then on he starts spiraling. The player that he started to trust and his family lied to him, justified or not, and is keeping something he adores away from him as he loves the Ogre and has idolized it for years, that's of course going to bother him and make him less kind to the player. From there it gets worse, he never beats us despite changing around his team and trying to get stronger, he tries to win Ogerpon's affection and instead she attaches to the player, and he sees the player cozy up to his sister who was abrasive to them before the whole story went down. I can understand that it could've been stretched out more, but I don't think it was like a switch went off with the character, it felt more like a progression (or rather, regression) to what Kieran became in the Indigo Disk.

Edit: I will concede on the point of the Loyal Three's awakening as that situation is left ambiguous enough that it can be interpreted Kieran was the cause.

And I think another problem with the theory is that it sets up Pecharunt as a big manipulator behind every action he takes but the story limits that. For instance, you mentioned that part of the reason Pecharunt corrupted Kieran was to get Terapagos and the Tera Crystals, however, nothing indicates that Pecharunt was aware of Terapagos. Kieran doesn't know about it at all until Briar talks to the group after he loses to the player, and he's surprised to learn about it, so he couldn't have been fed any information about it from Pecharunt. Additionally, at that point Kieran has a very personal reason to get Terapagos since it'd be a way to potentially one up the player, so it's not like Pecharunt's influence would've changed the action. For the other bits about the Pokemon, the backstory only sticks to it and the Loyal Three trying to steal the masks because they were beautiful masks to steal, the crystals weren't given as the reason (or at least the only one) for why they went for them. The event story does leave its motivations for controlling the town ambiguous, but you can use Terapagos against Pecharunt and unlike Ogerpon or the Loyal Three there's no reaction between the two which implies it's not something it's invested in. Nothing indicates it knows or cares about Terapagos, so it doesn't really lend to the idea that it manipulated Kieran to go after it, whereas the story gives Kieran good reason to do it for himself.

In general though, I feel the problem with the theory is that it's assuming Kieran's character arc wouldn't have happened without Pecharunt's influence, which I don't agree. Kieran has good reason to start his arc as the player (and his family) give him reason to be upset, he starts getting envious of the player because the player has multiple good things line up for them (including getting Ogerpon) while he's just a kid who feels he can never measure up, and even after getting stronger he still loses to the player and in a desperate attempt goes after a Legendary and screws up, forcing him to finally get out of his funk. The arc has a flow that doesn't need Pecharunt's influence to happen, and there's little that a possession angle would add to it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Lose a lot of viewers because of unexplained hiatus
Spend $50K on self insert gooner animation
Go bankrupt because that was a horrible financial decision
Go on transphobic and homophobic rants
All this comes to light within 24 hours

YouTuber Speedrun- Any% World Record
At least he probably paid animators more than the person who owns the gooner thingy pays her animators I guess? Silver linings and all

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

As long as it's the same director and writers from the last one. It's in good hands and I got faith in this. I'd be ok with a trilogy or even four movies but no more than that.

Maverick is an example of a "belated" sequel done right.

LET'S GO INTO THE DANGER ZONE!

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Just put all of my Pokémon from HOME back in my games. The benefit of still having a BDSP save file is that I have a lot of room there and a lot of Pokémon can be stored there. I also cancelled my HOME subscription.

Okay, NOW I'm done with Pokémon for the year

Top Bottom