• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The scarlet and violet epilogue really makes me think they are testing the waters for a more traditional rpg style where you have a party of companions.

Going through Unova with Cheren and Bianca, maybe even hugh would be hype.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think Penny is a fun character and that its such a shame Starfall Street was such a stupid plotline.

That said I liked how in The Way Home she was able to recognize that Koraidon/Miraidon was acting traumatized because she'd felt the same way herself before. For all the issues I have with how S/V handled the topic of bullying I'm still impressed that they acknowledged how genuinely traumatic it can be for some people.
Blocked
I liked Starfall street. Would have been nice to see more flashbacks to what the school was like. Would really hone in that Clavel actually made a big difference at the school. Something Penny would have never noticed because she didn’t go to class often enough.
My one fear for Gen 10, besides a laundry list of other things, is the continued lack of any battle facility.

Blueberry Academy NOT being one despite.... being a facility built around battling is such a missed chance.

I get why they didn't include it since they made getting all the competitive items extremely easy to obtain but, man I don't wanna play online. I put well over 100 hours into Sun just making competitive teams for running the Battle Tree, but there's just no reason to do that now unless you're into online play.
Don’t worry come Black and White 3, blueberry academy will host the new World Tournament

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Yep.

Have a trailer:

Makes sense. As said before the game has been slowly degrading and any major updates or overhauls like they're doing with the engine transfer would require at least a remake, so making a sequel out of it was a way to handle that. It also allows them to go back and fully update the older roster as some of the characters like Anhur (the lion man in that video) looked very outdated.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
But that's WHY I want battle facilities.
As much as I dog on Gamefreak at times, making the battle items easily accessible is a great QoL feature, cause as much as I like Battle Facilities, having to do some entry level runs where you're not at your peak performance because you don't have 64 BP to spend on a single Choice item isn't really fun.

The issue is, with making everything soo accessible, what can you actually offer as a reward? When everything can just be bought or made via the Item Printer, there's just nothing useful in terms of a BP sink.

And that's the weird catch 22. You want to give the player a reward for their work, but in a game like Scarlet, you really can't.

The only thing I can think of would be like, letting you buy rare and exclusive Pokemon via the Game Corners in prior gens, but they've basically nullified that in recent years.

Noipoi

Howdy!
If we get Koraidon/Miraidon spirits, they should be represented by Ridley. Koraidon can be the red skin, Miraidon can be the Meta Ridley skin, and they could even have a smaller green Ridley to be Cyclizar.

They get stronger whenever they eat food. And the only food item that spawns is the sandwich :4pacman:

This has been random thoughts with Noipoi

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If we get Koraidon/Miraidon spirits, they should be represented by Ridley. Koraidon can be the red skin, Miraidon can be the Meta Ridley skin, and they could even have a smaller green Ridley to be Cyclizar
So they could be alts of each other the whole time! :4pacman:

Shroob

Sup?
So now that I've had my first exposure to My Hero Academia through this event

I dunno

All Might seems pretty cool.

Frog's cute

Noipoi

Howdy!
Man, booting up Ultimate to get those new spirits really reminded me of how much I love Smash as a celebration of Nintendo and all of gaming’s history. It really made me excited for the next one, whenever that may be.

And then I think about the Smash fandom getting started up again, and it makes me not want a new game for 20 years.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh yeah, did the Ursaluna sidequest. Didn't expect Legends Arceus music, but much appreciated.

Also that's... 3 previous wild battle themes in the game now? That a record?
I just went on YT to see that sidequest after you said that and its crazy how emotional the Heartwoods themes, or hell, all of legends music makes me

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Man, booting up Ultimate to get those new spirits really reminded me of how much I love Smash as a celebration of Nintendo and all of gaming’s history. It really made me excited for the next one, whenever that may be.

And then I think about the Smash fandom getting started up again, and it makes me not want a new game for 20 years.
After doing this rodeo from Brawl to now

I think I could go the rest of my life without more speculation

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Caught Mespirit, Heatran(my dude) and Rotom. So all there's left is Giratina and Creselia. In the meantime, I'm gonna try and train up a Weavile and see if I can have a more defined 6th team member instead of constantly swapping around.

Damn, I wish catching Heracross wasn't a whole ordeal in most of the early games he's in.

Nah, if they called it the Wii 2 it’d be obvious that it was a new console. PlayStation does it all the time.

Nobody knew what **** a Wii U was supposed to be.
Not to mention X-Box Series X and X-Box Series S also being dumb.

After I'm done with catching a few things in Diamond, I'll probably go back to SSX3 and do some art related stuff.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So uh

We gonna talk about how stronger the Past Paradoxes are than the Future?

We got a couple standouts like Moth, Bundle, Valiant, Hands and Boulder, but like

ALL 3 of the Dino Dogs are seeing play, Flutter Mane = Exists, Great Tusk is the new Lando-T, and Roaring Moon is a menace.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Writing Prompt Time: A mysterious orb crashes in your backyard (or nearest equivalent), which you recover. This orb is time itself. Somehow. You discover that by gently messaging it and meditating for long periods of time, you can change history.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Writing Prompt Time: A mysterious orb crashes in your backyard (or nearest equivalent), which you recover. This orb is time itself. Somehow. You discover that by gently messaging it and meditating for long periods of time, you can change history.
I put time itself in a box and slap a return to sender sticker on it. Seen enough movies and books and games to know where this is going and I refuse to partake in that.

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I think one of my favorite conversations to bring up on the internet is the question of which bird is the worst or the scariest.

Most people will tell you it's geese, but these people have never met a ticked-off swan before...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They better cast Robert Pattinson as Shadow
The big rumor is Jason Griffith reprising his role and the man himself has comfirmed he's doing voice work for something in 2024
Sonic 3 leaks are out there?

Oh boy, I sure can't wait for that third helping of MID
Ok but if they shoot a little girl in the ****ing face and have Live and Learn play at the end it's the best video game movie, end of debate

Noipoi

Howdy!
I go back and tell the dinosaurs to dodge

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I change the evolution of the human race so we get regenerating teeth like sharks.

Top Bottom